Work in Progress Pokemon: Dusk Purple Version

Elle

Novice

Created with: RPG Maker XP & Pokemon Essentials v17.2 kit

Team:

Elle - Everything but Pokemon battle sprites
Leparagon - Pokemon battle sprites

Introduction:

Hey there! "Pokemon: Dusk Purple Version" is a game I've been making on and off for a year or so now I guess? It's one of those projects where I've been back and forth on what generation I'm using for graphics, which has wasted my time a lot for development. Originally just called "Pokemon: Purple", I added on to the subtitle because I found there are actually quite a few Purple fangames out there. I've worked on a few Pokemon projects and this one is currently the one that is most on track and has the most done on it. Dusk Purple is meant to be a 10-12 year prequel game to generation 1, though how close it could be to being canon varies on subject. I may have been working on games for a while but I'm still new in a lot of ways, so sorry if some of my work is kind of lame or noob-ish. XD

Story:

You play as "Kay", an energetic young woman excited for new adventures in Kanto! Originally from the Alola region, you came to the Kanto Region to be with your wife "Violet" who is originally from Kanto. Your wife just so happens to be expecting, but with both of you hanging out at home you don't have the funds to support a child. So you both come up with a solution; take the league challenge and save up the money needed to support your future family along the way!

As you head on your adventure you meet new friends from Violet's past who hope to support you in your adventure. You also are visited by a mysterious cat-like creature along your adventure who leaves you mysterious notes and items to aid you on your journey. But looming in the darkness lies a small newly formed group called the "Rockets" whose goals are unknown but are revealed over time and their evil gradually grows in scale! But you're the protagonist, I'm sure things will go fine.

Features:

> Fakemon & New Regional Forms - There has been a massive shift in the climate of Kanto and so new Pokemon have begun to be discovered in Kanto. Likewise, some generation 1 Pokemon you know and love have changed there forms along with the weather!
> Brand New Gym Leaders - Being a prequel game, many of the leaders of Kanto are either not old enough to be gym leaders or have other reasons. So while the gyms are generally all the same typings that you remember, their leaders and teams are a bit different!
> A New Kanto - While the layout of Kanto is largely the same some of the maps and towns are slightly different from what you may remember. All the maps are unique, vibrant and detailed but also hold some new secrets!
> A Slightly Older Age Rating - Being a little hard to make an evil team like Team Rocket appear as evil as it's meant to be, there will be rare instances of swearing and maybe one or two off screen deaths. But generally most people can play it.
> Dialogue Arts - Like with all my projects, main story events will be accompanied by custom drawn dialogue arts drawn by myself. In my opinion it just gives more to the event in question.
> And More! - I'm starting to run out of things to list so we'll leave it at that as I come up with more ideas!

New Starter Pokemon Forms!

These are your weather-changed forms of your starter Pokemon! Which will you choose?
*The normal version of each starter is not available to choose.

Note: The Pokedex is completely done however the sprites of the Pokedex are only about 90% complete.

New Characters

Screenshots

Progress To First Demo:

Mapping - 100%
Coding - 70%
Spriting - 95%
Design - 90%

Download Link

>Not Yet Available<

Credits:

Pokemon
Nintendo
GameFreak
Creatures Inc.

Pokemon Forms / Fakemon Designs
Elle
FrozenFeather
Cat-Meff

Battle / Overworld Sprites
Leparagon
Elle

Arts & Custom UI Graphics
Elle
Tiles (DeviantArt)
Magiscarf
Alucus
PixelMister
Mustafa505
Kaliser
Gigatom
Zeo254
Princess-Phoenix
Seiyouh
Derlo
PeekyChew
(myself for some tile edits)

Relic Castle Scripts & Resources:
Rhyden
VanillaSunshine
Cilerba

Misc
NurseEthi - Story Reviewing
kcgcrazy - Item Crafter Script (PokeCommunity)
Maruno, poccil, Flameguru - Pokemon Essentials Kit
Enterbrain - RPG Maker XP

Last edited:

SunGoddess23

Novice
I'm loving how this game looks Lucius is really adorable too, I will say he is my favorite cat Pokemon, that is if he really is a Pokemon. And all the starters are so cute. I may have to go with Charmander though, I didn't start playing red or blue as my first Pokemon game it was yellow so had to start with Pikachu in that one.

setoeon

Rookie
The new typing for the starters look interesting. I will differently try all three but I going to first start with Charmander, my fav. Can't wait to see what new Fakemon you come up with.

Elle

Novice
I'm loving how this game looks Lucius is really adorable too, I will say he is my favorite cat Pokemon, that is if he really is a Pokemon. And all the starters are so cute. I may have to go with Charmander though, I didn't start playing red or blue as my first Pokemon game it was yellow so had to start with Pikachu in that one.
Well Charmander is still an excellent choice and I hope you'll enjoy the game whenever I manage to finish a demo! :D

Elle

Novice
The new typing for the starters look interesting. I will differently try all three but I going to first start with Charmander, my fav. Can't wait to see what new Fakemon you come up with.
Well I hope that my stats and moves of the starters will stand up to their designs. And I hope that when the demo comes out you will enjoy it! :D

WolfShadowWhisper

Just a wolf that loves the shadows on a hot day :)
Yes, I suppose I have a slight bias towards it since it's my first starter I ever had in a Pokemon game! That being said, I did make sure to put lots of effort in the other starter lines too. :)
I always choose Charizard, but for your game (the demo anyway) I am going with Bulbasaur. When the full game comes I may opp for Charizard that time.

Elle

Novice
I always choose Charizard, but for your game (the demo anyway) I am going with Bulbasaur. When the full game comes I may opp for Charizard that time.
Well luckily the demo will go up to / include the 2nd gym, so it should be a fairly quick enough run that you should be able to go through each starter and see which you like in the end for your final choice. :)

SunGoddess23

Novice
Well Charmander is still an excellent choice and I hope you'll enjoy the game whenever I manage to finish a demo! :D
I'm sure I will I wish I had the talent and time to be able to make my own kind of game like this but I'm not good with programming and such for games so I do the next best thing and enjoy others work.

Elle

Novice
I'm sure I will I wish I had the talent and time to be able to make my own kind of game like this but I'm not good with programming and such for games so I do the next best thing and enjoy others work.
Well there is no shame in being a player. To be honest, I only started because I enjoyed drawing and making maps for fun. And as for the coding stuff, I have a lot of trouble so it takes a bit of learning and trial and error. So who knows, maybe sometime down the line you will revisit the idea. And if not, that's cool too. :)

Elle

Novice
I’ve been following you for what seems like forever on dA, glad to see your game coming together :) Can’t wait! Squirtle has always been my favorite.
Well thank you! I'm hoping that by making this thread I can stay on top of things and focused on this as my main project. And hopefully with all this I can finally get a decently working playable demo out for you guys! :)

setoeon

Rookie
It will be amazing I am sure of it. As long as you to what you love and focus it will come to past. I know we all will look forward to the demo and give you some feed back on how to proceed with game.

Elle

Novice
It will be amazing I am sure of it. As long as you to what you love and focus it will come to past. I know we all will look forward to the demo and give you some feed back on how to proceed with game.
Well then I look forward to trying my best to see what you and everyone else thinks! :D

chikorita

Novice
take the league challenge and save up the money needed to support your future family along the way!
I personaly never though about a game that involves family in such a way, besides Harvest Moon and The Sims. I'm curious to see how will it turn out :3