Work in Progress Pokemon Last Hope

Haunted Ditto

Pokemon Last Hope developer
Introduction:
Pokemon Last Hope is a fangame with a region based on South America. I created this game, because I already worked on some games, but they weren't 100%ly like I wanted (because I wasn't the dev leader). So now I try to make my own game with my story idea. The idea came up 1 year ago when I worked on my second fangame, but it took 7 months till it got progress in the areas mapping and programming (before that we only had sprites) so now I can finally give a more detailed view into my idea.

Story:
The player lives in a tribe located in the Tortoila region. This is the last existing tribe which isn't connected to the modern world. A 10000 years old prophecy says that your tribe was choosen to protect the region if evil people show up which happens with Team Sky's appereance. Many brave men tried to defeat Team Sky, but everyone who tried it, got caught so you are the region's last hope. Because you are really young, you need to prepare for it by treavelling through the region and unleashing your Pokemon's true power. You also use this chance to train for the yearly tourmanent to get the region's champ. On your journey you will meet many different people who help you at your jorney, but also people who don't like that you are from this primitive tribe.

(planned) Features:
  • 10-20 Fakemons
  • Region Forms
  • Custom Megas
  • Pokemon from gen 6 and gen 7
  • Fairy type added
  • Wild Pokemon can drop items (planned)
  • No gyms
  • No HMs (instead of using HMs, the player can transform into different Pokemon. This is a special technique only members of the tribe can learn. To transform into a Pokemon, you need to defeat a "Nature Bond". Nature Bonds are Pokemon which can connect to you when they accept you (mostly after battling)).
  • Two evil teams:
Team Sky: The main antagonists. Team Sky wants to catch Rayquaza and mega evolve it so they can finally rule the world (The leader of Sky said, he got vision where Arceus told him that Team Sky is supposed to rule the world which is a lie.
Team Glamour: A group funded by a rich man who is also the leader. They don't want to rule the world, get rich or destroy the whole region. They just hate people who are different (including you). So they want to stop you from taking part at the yearly tourmanent and becoming the champ.
  • The region has no E4. You only need to win the tourmanent to get the champ.
  • Some mons get new movepools, typings and stats (Example: Doduo gets a Flying/Ground type)
  • Side questing
  • Shiny rate got increased
More feature ideas may be added later.

Screenshots:

Water looks bad right now

Credits:
Team:
Haunted Ditto (dev leader, story writer and spriter)
SenKeyMaS (mapper)
Happystool (spriter)
Aldo(main eventer)
Comedioe (composer)
Tedx (Artist)
TSC (eventer)
TabletPillow (spriter)
Berkan (Name rater and support)

Other credits:

Graphics:
BackBurner
PkmnAlexandrite
akizakura16
Main Tileset:
WesleyFG
http://zetavares852.deviantart.com/art/P...-155863852
https://www.deviantart.com/thatssowitty/art/Public-Cave-Tileset-281775828

Resources:
Pokemon Essentials by - Maruno and Peter .0
Work by flameguru

If I forgot to credit someone, tell me.

Game's twitter account: https://twitter.com/PokemonLastHope
Discord fan server: https://discord.gg/ShU9awC

If you are interested in joining the dev team just tell me through a pm on this site. We are always open for new recruits.

Last edited:

PhantomTheEevee

Member of the Aether Foundation
Aww, that's a cool idea for a FanGame Project, I'm always curious if things leave the 'traditional' path of Gyms and similar! Especially that feature of being able to transform into different Pokemon to nullify the need for HMs as well as the Gen.5 graphic style catch me positively. (That Crustle looks REALLY cool too!)

Haunted Ditto

Pokemon Last Hope developer
Aww, that's a cool idea for a FanGame Project, I'm always curious if things leave the 'traditional' path of Gyms and similar! Especially that feature of being able to transform into different Pokemon to nullify the need for HMs as well as the Gen.5 graphic style catch me positively. (That Crustle looks REALLY cool too!)
Thanks for your nice feedback. The game has the HGSS graphic style not gen 5 btw

PhantomTheEevee

Member of the Aether Foundation
Whoops, sorry for the mistake and thanks for the hint! What I mostly mean, it's nice to see a Project using a different graphical style than the one used in FireRed and LeafGreen. :)