Created With: RPG Maker XP, using the Pokemon Essentials engine
- Pepperton - Coding, spriting, game design, mapping
- rpgfaker - Coding, spriting, game design
Hi everyone! My brother and I have been working on this game for a couple of months now and I'd like to begin to share our progress publicly leading up to a release. I've dipped my toe into the waters of Pokemon fangame development a couple times in my life but I've never really done work I'm proud of, until this project. I set out to make a Pokemon game that is something I myself would enjoy playing - a game rich with interesting and unique fakemon, traditional Pokemon mechanics, and a compelling story that drives the gameplay. This is about as close as I've gotten, and I hope you guys like what we have to offer you.
Team Wild is a team of rebel bandits who mainly scourge around Goldwhite Desert in the eastern bounds of Ario. They’re constantly searching for something but it’s not easy to know what. The player is slowly made aware of Team Wild’s ultimate plan, and what they’re searching for.
It seems that deep in the ruins of Goldwhite Desert lies an extremely powerful and mysterious legendary Pokemon. However, the only way to encounter this Pokemon is by using a key that is hidden somewhere in the mystery of Ario, and there are several riddles scattered throughout the region that, if solved and pieced together, lead one to the key needed to unleash this beast.
Team Wild’s leader wants to capture this legendary Pokemon because it has the amazing ability to wipe the memory of entire populations. The leader wants to use this power to clean the Pokemon world’s memory of how Pokemon ought to be treated and afterwards create a new society in which Pokemon are seen as currency, and slaves of sorts. He’ll be able to put himself at the top of the ladder in this new society as the owner of the most rare and unique Pokemon in all of Ario, the legendary Pokemon, therefore become the unrivaled dictator of Ario. It’s up to you to stop Team Wild from realizing this terrifying reality!
- 100+ New Pokemon - The Ario Region is inhabited only by Pokemon native to its land, based off the beautiful Australia. In this tropical region you'll find tons of new faces to bond with! The number is subject to change, could be more or less.
- 8 Gyms, Elite Four and a Champion - This game follows the traditional system, but don't fret, each gym leader will come with interesting puzzles and challenges galore!
- Completely Original Region - Ario is like no other region in the original Pokemon games. It features multiple climates and atmospheres that'll keep gameplay feeling fresh.
- Custom UI - Several gameplay mechanics will be revamped to have new, custom UI.
- Pokemon Contests - This has not been implemented yet but the plan is to bring back Pokemon Contests with new and improved features that more closely resemble the anime.
- And much more! - The game has been in development for roughly six months to this point, and a lot is still to be laid out, so expect this list to grow much more as time goes on!
I'd like to keep a good majority of the new Pokemon in this game to ourselves prior to the first beta, however there are some key critters that you'll be encountering that I think are worthy of showcasing now. To be more exact, the starters!
Marleaf, Chardillo, Salave
Who will you choose?
Spreadsheet containing information about all Pokemon in Beta v1.0:
NOTE: A Pokedex of all currently designed and sprited Fakemon will become available shortly after the beta is released. All Fakemon will be subject to change and not final.
Currently: Working on content up to fourth gym.
Planned progress to include in second beta: Six gyms.
Percent completed to second beta:
- Mapping - 10%
- Coding - 10%
- Spriting - 20%
- Design - 60%
Planned release: Not sure.
- Beta v1.1 - Released July 24, 2018
Link: Click here
Length: Three gyms
Notes:Last updated 7/24/2018.
PATCH NOTES FROM v1.0:
-Fixed random transport tile in Bancerra Town
-Fixed issue with exit to Melbourne City Gym
-Fixed events lagging when random NPCs get in the way
-Fixed the Intro naming icon when you choose female to be a male
-Build ends after you defeat the 3rd gym OR after you defeat Axel outside the Pokemon Whisperer’s house, depending on which order you decided to do them in.
-Content is about ~3.5-4 hrs of game-play according to early estimates.
-55 new Pokemon, 43 of them obtainable in this build
-If you make a New Game while in the “Large” window option, the introduction’s graphics will have an odd error where 75% of the screen is black.
-Similarly, if a Pokemon gets poisoned while in the “Large” window option, the flashing red while the player moves to indicate your poisoned Pokemon is losing health experiences this same resizing error.
-If you give a Pokemon a Rare Candy to make them evolve, their level will glitch and revert to a lower level than it should be. This doesn’t seem to happen when you give a Pokemon a Rare Candy normally.
-Some catchable Pokemon in this build don’t have their evolutions included in the game at this time. For example, Pokemon X may have an evolution at LV40, but since we don’t expect someone to naturally get their Pokemon to that level, we haven’t sprited and implemented the evolution yet.
-Many items are unattainable in this build.
-Surfing regions that would normally be explorable once achieving the third gym badge are closed off in this beta because they haven’t been designed yet.
Please take the time to fill out this survey after playing through the game, it will help a lot with improving the game in the future:
Archive of Downloads:
- rpgfaker - Lots of sprite/artwork, game design, ideation, concepts, help with coding
- Maruno, poccil, Flameguru - Pokemon Essentials engine
- Apple Juice - Several Pokemon concepts
- Magiscarf - Tiles, pokemon trainer base templates, VS sprites
- Newtiteuf - OW base template
- Killerkitty4 - Female trainer backsprite template
- PurpleZaffre - Pokemon Breeder OW sprites
- princess-phoenix - Various tiles
- WesleyFG - Various tiles
- LotusKing - Various tiles
- chaoticcherrycake - Various tiles
- Ultimo-Spriter-D - Various tiles
- PeekyChew - Various tiles
- Moontik - Various tiles
- Momokahimari - Trainer front sprite base templates
- Thexicer - Trainer front sprite base templates
- PkmnAlexandrite - Day-Care house tile
- Kyle-Dove - Various tiles
- donlawride - Various tiles
- clara-wah - Various tiles
- zetavares852 - Various tiles
- ThatsSoWitty - Various tiles
- speeddialga - Various tiles
- Pokemon-Diamond - Various tiles
- Kizamaru-Kurunosuke - Various tiles
- Epic-Day - Various tiles
- Thurpok - Various tiles
- Dewitty - Various tiles
- Minorthreat0897 - Various tiles
- Heavy-Metal-Lover - Various tiles
- kaitoooo - Various tiles
- CrimsonTakai- Various tiles
- BoomxBig - Various tiles
- Alculus - Various tiles
- Zeo-254 - Various tiles
- TyranitarDark - Various tiles
- Evolina - Various tiles
- Phyromatical - Various tiles
- Kaliser - Various tiles
- spaceemotion - Various tiles
- The-Red-eX - Various tiles
- This list of artists - Various tiles
- This list of artists - Various tiles