Demo Pokemon Dreams (Working Title)

Omegas

Novice
Hey, everybody. I have good news and bad news. Good news is I just got a new laptop! The bad news is why I needed that new laptop. My laptop blue screened me while working on a sprite. There was no warning or anything. Afterward, it would crash immediately after loading with a new error each time. I do have a pretty up to date back up of Pokemon Dreams, but it stll may not have some of my more recent edits. This may set back how soon i can get the next update out. I will do what i can to make up for lost time, but i cannot guarantee that it will be out as soon as i was hoping. I am sorry for the inconvenience, and i will do all i can to get the next update out.

Sorry once again. I hope everyone has a great day, and, hopefully, next time I'll have some good news. Until then, I await any critiques or bugs you wish to make known to me.

EDIT: Everybody, i have fantastic news! I managed to get my laptop in good enough order that I was able to retrieve the game's files. Now, i do not have to worry about any progress loss. I should, hopefully, have the next update ready... well not soon, but it should not be that long of a wait. Here is hoping nothing goes wrong from here.

Last edited:

LoLxDiS

Rookie
Glad to hear that :DDD
I've been playing this game for a while and its really good so far!
Hopefully nothing like that would happen again...
Good luck on the game!

Omegas

Novice
Hello, everyone! I hope you all had a fantastic holiday season, and a wonderful start to the new year. However, I have some
slightly bad news.
It is nothing dramatic. I am still working on the project, my laptop has not bluescreened again,
everything is fine, except for one thing. I got burned out and spent pretty much the entirety of
December attempting to shake it off. My goal for the next update was to get to the fifth gym.
However, time started to slip away and I struggled to get motivated. I wanted to work on it.
I wanted to progress, but I would open up the program and immediately draw a blank on what to do.
However, that did not stop me from, at the very least, getting a good chunk out of the game.
As such, I went on ahead and released the demo. There is a lot here for anyone interested.

New areas are available. Feel free to explore them as much as you desire.
New Pokemon are available, around 160... I think I may have a problem.
New minor Legendary Pokemon have appeared in the Somni region, the Plaguemasters.
Only one can be captured in the current demo, but the data for them is there.
Some sprites have been edited, mostly in regards to characters.
Finally, some more of the story is available.

I may not have gotten to the point I wanted, but I would be lying if I said this was a small update.
I cannot wait to hear what you all have to say. Until then, I will do what I can to get my rhythm back and work on the project.
Have a great day, and enjoy the new year!​

Emy

Rookie
Hi there!
I've been playing through the demo, and I think that it's really good and pretty well-made. But I've got to the ship after beating the gym, and when you're about to battle Luc and he shows you the trainer programe, they keep repeating the dialogue for every step you take. Kinda annoying but not a biggie.
When Penelope arrives, and invites your character to battle, it skips ahead to some more dialogue, where they take everyone but Luc off the ship and game over happens. I'm not really sure why it's happening, but I do hope it's just a scripting error since the game looks absolutely fantastic.

I hope this game goes far!
:)

Omegas

Novice
where do i go after betting the second gym i have resuced the girl from ice peak
Look around N-Vision Labs at Sils City. It should be around the top right corner of the map. There should be someone in front of the building. If you already talked to him, look for a spot in the snow that looks a bit out of place.

katrina48

Rookie
which area do i look for a spot od snow out of place is it in silas or by the lake or caves thanks

i think there is the error in game when you do the lstanding ay gym she still there after the ice peak resuce and every time you go back after to cave it wont let me go on i think i stuff my game up again

Omegas

Novice
Hello, everyone. A small update today. As the above post pointed out, there is a game-breaking bug that occurs in the game.
If you chose Carter as your protagonist, you should be fine. If you chose Lin, I highly suggest you update your game.
My apologies and I hope to hear more about what you all have to say about the game.
Hopefully, the next update won't be purely to patch out a bug.
Have a nice day, everyone!​