Report Bugs in the Latest Version of Essentials

Hollow_Ego

Trainer
I encountered an issue with the summary screen in battle.
When you are in battle and open the summary screen of a pokemon and press X you can still give an item. This shouldn't be possible as that would break the held item mechanic (as you could just keep giving berries to a Pokemon or switch around items)

Xerado

Novice
Hello. There's only a few bugs pertaining to some moves which bug out. No crash occurs, only an error message and the battle turn ends as normal.
It happens when using Magic Coat when an enemy is going to use a stat-lowering move against you. Also, i'm unsure what exactly the Chatter scripts are for, but Chatter replicates a similar bug. Showing the move animation, then error message. Then the next turn starts.

Maruno

Pokémon Essentials dev
Essentials Developer
Do you want to show us the error messages you're getting? They contain information about the errors and are quite useful.

Xerado

Novice
Another bug, this one is inexplicable and I can re-create it almost every time.
For some strange reason, in a double battle, if an opponent sends out a new Pokémon and you switch a new Pokémon in yourself on the same turn-
the chat box text goes to the absolute smallest setting, making it completely illegible.
But then resets on battle end. I don't know where to begin with this one, lol.
EDIT: It seems like this was happening because in a double battle, if the trainer name has the '&' character it will result in an underscore when put into comment and script commands. This apparently somehow causes any simultaneous switch-ins on the same turn to resize the default text about as small as it seems possible. I don't know why, but it does.

Last edited:

MGriffin

Trainer
If you have two connected maps that both have fog you get some pretty funky effects from them overlapping as you transition between those maps.

I have a really nasty fix where I change Game_Map to delay running autorun/parallel process events until the player is physically on the map, and also change MapFactory to immediately set the fog opacity to 0 when the player leaves the map, but I imagine there has to be a better solution?

Code:
# Game_Map
    # Only update events that are on-screen
    for event in @events.values
      if in_range?(event) or event.move_route_forcing or
-        event.trigger==3 or event.trigger==4
+        (event.map_id==$game_map.map_id and (event.trigger==3 or event.trigger==4))
        event.update
      end
    end

# MapFactory
  def setCurrentMap
    return if $game_player.moving?
    return if $game_map.valid?($game_player.x,$game_player.y)
    newmap=getNewMap($game_player.x,$game_player.y)
    if newmap
+     $game_map.fog_opacity=0
      oldmap=$game_map.map_id
      if oldmap!=0 && oldmap!=newmap[0].map_id
        setMapChanging(newmap[0].map_id,newmap[0])
      end
      $game_map=newmap[0]
      @mapIndex=getMapIndex($game_map.map_id)
      $game_player.moveto(newmap[1],newmap[2])
      $game_map.update
      pbAutoplayOnTransition
      $game_map.refresh
      setMapChanged(oldmap)
    end
  end