Solved Triggering evolution without player input

Aki

Starry eyed
Administrator
Basically I want to trigger a location based evolution, but without the player having to level up. Is there already a script call to force the evolution scene to start?

If not I think I'll try making the method a new kind of evolution stone, and not making the stone available in gameplay but triggering it when the player is in the location.

leilou

A wild Minun appeared!
try this:

Ruby:
evo = PokemonEvolutionScene.new
evo.pbStartScreen(pokemon,newspecies)
evo.pbEvolution
evo.pbEndScreen
pokemon is the Pokémon object (probably $Trainer.party[i] with i being the position of the mon to evolve) and the newspecies is the id of the species the mon evolves to. I'm not sure whether or not the mon has to be in the trainer party ... i think it has to though.

Edit: lol it made [i] to italic so I had to fix it

Aki

Starry eyed
Administrator
try this:

Ruby:
evo = PokemonEvolutionScene.new
evo.pbStartScreen(pokemon,newspecies)
evo.pbEvolution
evo.pbEndScreen
pokemon is the Pokémon object (probably $Trainer.party[i] with i being the position of the mon to evolve) and the newspecies is the id of the species the mon evolves to. I'm not sure whether or not the mon has to be in the trainer party ... i think it has to though.

Edit: lol it made [i] to italic so I had to fix it

Oh this is perfect! I was able to to use it to even evolve the pokemon into a completely unrelated species, that's just funny. Thanks!