1. Darius_Oak

Darius_Oak Thread Author The Snark Knight member

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U

Discussion in 'Entertainment Discussion' started by Darius_Oak, Apr 19, 2017.

[​IMG]

Okay, so spoiler alert, but I really like Smash 4. And I'm willing to bet quite a few of you do as well. So let's share in our love of the game, keep each other company, and form a little mini-community that isn't quite so volatile as the rest of it can be...

Post whatever you'd like, be it strategies, favorite modes, etc. I'll leave a template below for folks who don't have much to say but still want to get their information out there, and I'll be giving my own examples!​

Version(s): 3DS (planning to set up Wii U)
    Main(s): Ganondorf
    Favorite(s): Lucina
    Worst(s): Wii Fit Trainer
    Skill Level: Like a metronome swinging between competitive and casual, sometimes wildly so. At the time of this post, out of practice. Generally pretty good with all characters... with one glaring exception.
    Playstyle: No-holds-barred. I usually play with For Glory rules to keep my skills up to snuff (without going into the mode because that is some salt). However, I still enjoy varying modes when playing for fun or for special competitions. I just don't hold back in any of them.
    FC(s): 5043-2468-6186 (3DS)

gl;hf​

2. Tomix9tomix

Tomix9tomix Just a casual dude member

So I am an extremely casual player, I just play for the fun times with family and friends, never competitively. Although last year my 3ds' A button has been kinda broken and only works about 50% of the time, so I have been holding off games that need quick reactions such as Smash and Monster Hunter. Which is really quite sad. I am holding off buying a new 3ds for now, I feel like I have gotten my money out of it and hopefully we get a monster hunter game on the switch. Anyway, that is a bit off topic.
    Version(s): 3DS, but I play on WiiU at a friends house.
    Main(s): Zero suit samus
    Favorite(s): Link and Mewtwo
    Worst(s): Pac-man and Mega man
    Skill Level: Nothing special, I would say about average, maybe a bit below
    Playstyle: I normally just play items, two minutes and all random characters with friends. Although I do like having a few matches with a theme like pokemon or zelda. I also like sneaking into the settings and changing it to pokeballs and smash balls only :P

3. Evan

Evan in another life, Starrcasm starrcasm

Version(s): Both--I own the 3DS one but my housemate has a Wii U and the game
    Mains/Favorites: Mewtwo, Charizard, Roy (Koopa), Pikachu, Lucina
    Worst(s): I CANNOT figure out MegaMan. Also not great with Olimar
    Skill Level: Eh...can play competitively, will win often with friends, will lose often in serious settings.
    Playstyle: With Charizard, all out attack. Lots of aerials, lots of Flare Blitz. Keep them on the defensive. With Mewtwo, lots of dodging and rolling and charging B, and messing up everyone's day with a charged up smash. I've been known to do a lot of grabs, as well.

4. Radical Raptr

Radical Raptr 78% memes radicalraptr

I love playing both the Wii U and 3DS versions (though I prefer the wii u)

I have sunk so many hours into it, and bought countless amiibo (by which I mean 30)
    my favorites to play are corrin, cloud, mario, and ganondorf, and I cannot play sheik or olimar

I'm not super competitive with it, I go for all out attack, and usually get floored by people who play competitively or know all the meta stuff :sweat:
    I haven't played in so long, it would be fun to have some sort of relic event! or just a group fo people who still play it/want to play it get together and set up matches for fun! I would be all for that

5. Dragonite

Dragonite The cake is a lie, so give it to me member

Urgh, I am dreadful at Smash. I still pick it up once in a blue moon, though.

Version(s): 3DS
    Main(s): Shulk (?)
    Favorite(s): Aah
    Worst(s): Literally everyone
    Skill Level: Nonexistent
    Playstyle: basically button mashing

6. Capptier

Capptier i miss my wife karen please dont leave capptier

Version(s): 3DS (Wii U every now and then but I don't have one of my own)
    Main(s): Marth, Captain Falcon
    Worst(s): Probably ranged characters like Samus
    Skill Level: Pretty average I guess. Whenever I played with friends in the past I was usually the one to win the most though :joy:
    Playstyle: Usually try to just go crazy with combos and stuff, hence why Captain Falcon is probably my most played by far