Resource icon

Resource HGSS Style Transitions Script 1.5

Jonas930

Is anyonre there?
Jonas930 submitted a new resource:

HGSS Style Transitions Script - HGSS Location Art

THIS IS FOR CLEAR ESSENTIALS V17.2. DIDN'T TEST ON OLDER VERSION OR WITH EBS.

This is the SIMPLE script makes your game like HGSS style.

Installation:
Now it is become a simplest Plug-and-Play script which not really need any skill or knowledge for coding. Just follow steps by steps, then you and your game will be fine.

1. Download the Resources file which has one folder and...
Read more about this resource...

Jonas930

Is anyonre there?
Didn't work for me. I think it only works with v17.2
@Jonas930. Love it. Works great. My only question is this:
How do you get the Map Name window to show above the transition picture? Thanks.
If you are using v16.2, now it have support on v16.2 too! Just follow the step at the end of Overview page. Then, it will work on v16.2 too!

Xerado

Novice
@Jonas930. Ahah, Sorry, I think I didn't make myself clear enough.
I know how to show map name on entry through debug, the issue what that when the transition picture is shown, it hides everything else under it.
Including the map name window.

Jonas930

Is anyonre there?
@Jonas930. Yes to both. Maybe my transfer event is set up incorrectly.
Could I perhaps have a screenshot of how you do it?
That maybe the problem too.
My event is look like this:
Code:
>Play SE:'Door exit',80, 100
>Change Screen Color Tone:(255,255,255,255), @6
>Wait: 8 frame(s)
>Transfer Player:[032:Ilex Forest],(005,012), Up, No Fade
>Script: pbHGSSTransitions("Ilex Forest")
>Change Screen Color Tone:(0,0,0,0), @6

Xerado

Novice
@Jonas930. Yep still does it. Don't know why. Specifically what happens it the map name drops down but quickly fades out at the transition picture fades in, masking it until the transition pictures fades out again. Should I try the v16.2 fix?

Jonas930

Is anyonre there?
@Jonas930. Yep still does it. Don't know why. Specifically what happens it the map name drops down but quickly fades out at the transition picture fades in, masking it until the transition pictures fades out again. Should I try the v16.2 fix?
v17.2 have that script already so you don't need to do the 16.2 fix. Maybe check that so we will see the problem.

Marina

Elite Trainer
How do you do that the map name window appears after the transition and not while the transitions is being shown?
Like the player enters the map, the transition appear - after the transition when the map is shown only then we can see map_name for example Ilex Forest

Jonas930

Is anyonre there?
How do you do that the map name window appears after the transition and not while the transitions is being shown?
Like the player enters the map, the transition appear - after the transition when the map is shown only then we can see map_name for example Ilex Forest
Then you probably need to put the script before the "transfer player", so that it will show the transition first.