Completed Pokémon: Tentin Redux

drawntoast

Trainer
Is there any way to edit this information without debug mode?
Something like a save editor.
One thing you can do is edit the PBS files yourself, but that might be a bit complicated. I'm not actually sure about any save editors because I've never used one for a fan game.

Kanne85

Rookie
I just downloaded the game and was really looking forward to playing it. But everytime I try to start a new game I just get a black screen. Why??

drawntoast

Trainer
I just downloaded the game and was really looking forward to playing it. But everytime I try to start a new game I just get a black screen. Why??
Thanks for telling me about that, I messed a tiny detail up there. It's a super-quick fix, you should test it out right now! If it doesn't work, I'll try to re-upload it.

rainbowbridge

Rookie
So I'm trying to download this, but for some reason it won't download. it gets partway downloaded, then stops. Help, please?

EDIT: it downloaded, but how to enable Mystery Gift?

Last edited:

drawntoast

Trainer
So I'm trying to download this, but for some reason it won't download. it gets partway downloaded, then stops. Help, please?

EDIT: it downloaded, but how to enable Mystery Gift?
You can unlock Mystery Gift by talking to the old man in Shashine City after getting all 8 badges.

rainbowbridge

Rookie
so...i picked Popplio as my starter, not knowing the 1st Gym was Grass Type, and now I have a lvl 11 Popplio (basically screwed) and a lvl 11 Pikipek in my party and i'm at the first gym. is there any way for me to win with Popplio as my starter?

drawntoast

Trainer
so...i picked Popplio as my starter, not knowing the 1st Gym was Grass Type, and now I have a lvl 11 Popplio (basically screwed) and a lvl 11 Pikipek in my party and i'm at the first gym. is there any way for me to win with Popplio as my starter?
You can train a Scatterbug to Vivillon and it'll be very helpful once it learns Gust. Route 2 has Scatteebug. Or train a Zubat l in Zubat Cave too.

skoobadive

Rookie
Hello! I tried playing this, but my rockruff runs into an error whenever it's out, saying this:
cannot convert false into Integer.
I would like to proceed without errors! Can you please help me, drawntoast?

drawntoast

Trainer
Hello! I tried playing this, but my rockruff runs into an error whenever it's out, saying this:
I knew I wouldn't see the end of this Rockruff glitch. What you can do is avoid using it for now while I address this glitch again. Hold tight while I really dig through code, OK?

drawntoast

Trainer
I've got an update already. I'm sure starting a new game with the new update should fix things nicely.

Iron_Rx

Novice
I believe if you zip the game files before uploading to Google Drive, it will download faster for the rest of us. When I downloaded it, Google took ten minutes to zip it, and then 60 seconds to download the resultant zip file.

Looking forward to playing it!

Quasar_9000

Rookie
Bugs Found (June 6th Revision):

1. Rockruff still crashes game when trying to use it, early in the game.

2. "Teleport" crashes game when pressing the F5 key (have to remove pokemon from party, to regain function). Currently assigned to [Ralts].

3. "Draining Kiss" does not drain HP from opponent at all (just keeps failing). Currently assigned to [Cutiefly].

drawntoast

Trainer
Bugs Found (June 6th Revision):

1. Rockruff still crashes game when trying to use it, early in the game.

2. "Teleport" crashes game when pressing the F5 key (have to remove pokemon from party, to regain function). Currently assigned to [Ralts].

3. "Draining Kiss" does not drain HP from opponent at all (just keeps failing). Currently assigned to [Cutiefly].
Thank you for finding these bugs for me! I've got fixes for all of them!
If you start a new game, that fixes the Rockruff issue. I've tested this many times and it does work after you start a new game.
I attempted to fix Teleport before, and I actually forgot to remove it from the movesets because it didn't send the player to the correct place.
It shouldn't crash the game when you use it in-battle, so I'm not sure if I can fix it any more.
Though I was able to fix Draining Kiss easily, so these should be fixed in the next update, coming out tomorrow for sure, along with
other changes!

Quasar_9000

Rookie
Thank you for finding these bugs for me! I've got fixes for all of them!
If you start a new game, that fixes the Rockruff issue. I've tested this many times and it does work after you start a new game.
I attempted to fix Teleport before, and I actually forgot to remove it from the movesets because it didn't send the player to the correct place.
It shouldn't crash the game when you use it in-battle, so I'm not sure if I can fix it any more.
Though I was able to fix Draining Kiss easily, so these should be fixed in the next update, coming out tomorrow for sure, along with
other changes!
1. "Teleport" doesn't crash the game when used in battle (it only crashes the game when a pokemon has learned the move, and then you try pressing the F5 hotkey to bring up the quick "Key Item" screen).

2. I'll start a new game, and see what happens with 'Rockruff'.

Quasar_9000

Rookie
Rockruff bug update:

1. Started a new game.
2. Captured a Rockruff on Route-02.
3. Get the following error, as soon as I try to use Rockruff in battle (wild pokemon and/or first trainer battle) on Route-02:
[Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]
Exception: TypeError
PSystem_PokemonUtilities:241:in `[]='
PSystem_PokemonUtilities:241:in `pbSeenForm'
PokeBattle_Battle:523:in `pbSetSeen'
PokeBattle_Battle:1302:in `pbSendOut'
PokeBattle_Battle:1326:in `pbReplace'
PokeBattle_Battle:1336:in `pbRecallAndReplace'
PokeBattle_Battle:2791:in `pbAttackPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:2758:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:2758:in `pbAttackPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:2559:in `pbStartBattleCore'
4. I believe this is the solution: http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:10928#2

Last edited:

drawntoast

Trainer
Rockruff bug update:

1. Started a new game.
2. Captured a Rockruff on Route-02.
3. Get the following error, as soon as I try to use Rockruff in battle on Route-02:

4. I believe this is the solution: http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:10928#2
I already tried that solution, and looks like it didn't help much. I swear I fixed this glitch already...
Rockruff is a problem that I've tried to fix. I'll look more into it.

Quasar_9000

Rookie
I already tried that solution, and looks like it didn't help much. I swear I fixed this glitch already...
Rockruff is a problem that I've tried to fix. I'll look more into it.
If I knew how to use RPG-Maker, I would help you out. But alas, I would need someone to give me a crash-course on how to use this program.