Iron Mapper IRON MAPPER: Season 3 Discussion

Discussion in 'Events and Competitions' started by Deo, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Deo

Deo Thread Author Iron Mapper hype! deo

For this trial in particular, there isn't support for multiple floors aside from putting them on the same map. In the future I definitely want to have a few trials with that option on the table, but sadly it won't be for this trial. Apologies if that throws a wrench into any plans you or someone else had for the trial!

2. Arma

Arma A Martian Hyena member

I think we can define a dungeon as "an unsafe location, that isn't a route". Towns can be considered save because usually they wont have random wild encounters there. This doesn't mean your dungeon most contain wild Pokemon, but it needs to impose some sort of challenge for a trainer.

3. artcanary

artcanary doing their best member

If one has puzzles that might be confusing to work through in a still image, should/could one include a game file of the map in the entry?

4. Deo

Up to you! Feel free to attach some diagrams/additional images with how they work, a text explanation, or even a video/gif. Map files work too.

5. Deo

Just a reminder: today is the last day for submissions for Trial III! You have 12 and a half hours from this post to do so!

Edit: And it's closed!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  6. Deo

Just popping in to say: the results for Trial III will be up within the next day, and a day or two after that we'll be starting Trial IV. Trial IV will conclude on December 20th, so you should have lots of time for that!

Edit: And the results are up! Congrats to @artcanary@artcanary and @xThatOneGuy@xThatOneGuy!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  7. Arma

Arma A Martian Hyena member

Congratz ArtCanary and xThatOneGuy! I loved the many interpretations to the theme, I expected to see more caves for sure! I love the puzzles in the Temple of Zapdos, and the theme of the Jeweled Forest is so unique. I doubt I could've done it any better. Thanks to Deo again for having me as a judge, it's been really fun. There I think I've said that now on every platform XD

8. artcanary

artcanary doing their best member

oh, wow, thanks !!! O:

there were so many great entries, I really loved seeing them all come in (especially the lore on leilou and techskylander's maps)!

and hm, yeah - I was having trouble placing the red switch in a symmetrical layout, but I'd placed it up there before I greatly expanded the switch puzzle section (the first draft was a lot less big and cool, and a lot more small and confusing) - putting that elsewhere in the switch puzzle would probably have been a good idea, and make something else you have to backtrack to as well. thanks a lot for the input!!

9. Presley

Presley Fastest Man Alive presley

Would anyone like to be partners for Trial IV?

10. Sparkin

Sparkin Just another regular dev. member

I'm open for jointing for Trial IV, if anyone wants

11. Deo

Only four days left! Please make sure you're plugging away at your map with your partner! If you haven't started, there's definitely still time but get those maps in!

CloonieKing likes this.