1. MrSmash278

MrSmash278 Thread Author Captain Rowlex member

Work in Progress Pokémon Fierce Melody

Discussion in 'Progressing Projects' started by MrSmash278, Apr 11, 2018.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[ INTRODUCTION ]
    We welcome you to the Merodia region, where music and art have a very important place in the life of people.

[ STORY ]

You've always dreamed of becoming a Pokémon trainer but there's not a Pokémon League on the region where you come from. One day Dorian, your father, a dedicated archaeologist, made a very important discovery in Merodia and decides to move there with you and your mom to continue his investigation.
    Now living in Whistle Town, you hear a special report on the news about your father's discovery, an ancient musical instrument, being stolen. You talk to your mom about it and she mentions that you should visit you father's friend, Professor Pine, who should ve returning from an expedition soon. When you meet Prof. Pine, he's followed by two kids: Harmony/Reed and Selah, who have come to choose a Pokémon and become Pokémon trainers. Prof. Pine tells you that the people responsible for the theft are a group called "Team Noise", it is currently unknown why or what they want the instrument for, but he asks for your help to know more about their plans, he also tells you about your father's childhood dream of becoming a trainer an challenging a Pokémon League and gives you the opportunity of choosing one of three regional Pokémon for you to start and achieve your goal.
    It's now up to you and your friends to become Pokémon trainers and find out what Team Noise plans are, as you discover more about yourself and the legendary Pokémon of the Merodia region. ¿Are you up to the task?

[ STARTER POKÉMON ]

We introduce you to the three Pokémon trainers can choose to start their journey:
    [​IMG]
    -Shimpa: The grass-type Pokémon, they're very loyal to their trainers and will always try to help anyone who's in trouble.
    -Burny: The fire-type Pokémon, they keep an adorable look despite their liking for jokes and pranks, don't be fooled by appearances.
    -Typool: The water-type Pokémon, they're usually in a bad mood, if you bother them, they will react by shooting water.

[ CHARACTERS ]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Harmony and Reed are the trainers you can pick to start your adventure in the Merodia region.
    [​IMG]
    Professor James Pine lives in Whistle Town and studies the connection between human and Pokémon.
    [​IMG]
    Selah is your neighbour in Whistle Town, she's a very decided girl always pursuing her goals.

[GYM LEADERS]
    [​IMG]

[ POKÉDEX ]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[ SPRITES ]
    [​IMG]

[ SCREENSHOTS ]

[ NOTES ]

We are currently in the design and planning phase, we'll be updating with our progress in story and Pokémon, since we intend to include only fakemon.
    Any opinions or comments will be very helpful, thank you for your attention.

[ VIDEO]

[ CREDITS ]

The Pokémon Essentials Team
    Luka S.J. and Marin (Elite Battle System and Pause Menu)

[ DEVELOPMENT TEAM ]
    MrSmash278 - Creative Director, in charged of creating fakemon, characters, trainers, etc.

DaniPopplio - Graphic Designer, in charged of pixel art and ui.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018 at 10:30 PM
    xUMG and leilou like this.
  2. Anuran

Anuran Novice member

Wow.Eyerything looks so perfect from the main character to the sprites. Is there region covered by fully fakemon?
    Also a would love to see more of gameplay screenshot

MrSmash278 likes this.
  3. PancakeGuy55

PancakeGuy55 I'm really hungry, Magikarp again? Sigh. member

This looks like a very interesting game with a lot of potential. The screenshots and video all look very promising.

MrSmash278 likes this.
  4. MrSmash278

Thank you very much, my friend and I are finishing the animation trainers to continue with the tiles :D. Our plan is to have only fakemon on the region

Thank you :D, we are working so hard to get the first demo.

PancakeGuy55 likes this.
  5. Maor80

Maor80 Novice member

will we have a sound type as the the evil team called team noise and muscial instrument being stolen i seen the staters and from their entrys its seems like burny will be fire dark since its seems to be naughty pokemon and shimpa seems to be grass fairy or physic asits loyal and helping anothers so if i am right it could mean typool will be water fighting type even tho i could be wrong

6. TSComega

TSComega The Storm Bringer member

this game looks really interesting so far, I really like the fakemon, and everything looks really smooth, though I do have one question, will the game just have fakemon in it, or will it be both canon pokemon and fakemon?

MrSmash278 likes this.
  7. MrSmash278

Nice guesses :D but we won't have a sound type :/

We're planning to have only fakemon :D

8. BrickWildcat

BrickWildcat Nerd member

This looks really cool, especially since there's a Water type platypus Pokémon. (I'm totally calling mine Perry)

MrSmash278 likes this.
  9. MrSmash278

Hi everyone, we update with trainer Selah, your rival in Merodia :D
    [​IMG]
    Harmony/Reed's House Beta
    [​IMG]

VS. Batte Introduction
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Thanks everyone for the comments :)!!

MGriffin likes this.
  10. DaniPopplio

DaniPopplio Rookie member

Hi, I'm DaniPopplio, the graphic designer, we added Gym Leaders section with Gym Leader Glenda :grinning:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MGriffin likes this.
  11. Mozart

Mozart Annoying Twit member

Ooh I'm gonna keep an eye on this, this looks cute so far and I'm kind of a sucker for music-themed places. Real excited to see what comes of it!

MrSmash278 likes this.
  12. MrSmash278

Hi everybody, we update with a new gym leader, Janae :D!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018 at 8:53 PM
    Nic likes this.
  13. MrSmash278

We're back :D
    We aded two new Gym Leaders: Silka and Robbie

[​IMG][​IMG]

A new walking sprite for Reed

[​IMG]
    And two new Pokémon: Hushbee and Hazzie

[​IMG][​IMG]