Demo Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

PhantomTheEevee

Member of the Aether Foundation
Guess what, I think I'm just going to replay it all from scratch now that I've thought about it and reread the Patch Notes.
Would have done me well to take screenshots of what I equipped my party with as I spent quite some time using the Refine Feature to craft ideal Items for them. ^^;
Still would like to hear from your concerning my Launcher please, raonak - thank you already for your help!

Last edited:

raonak

Rookie
Guess what, I think I'm just going to replay it all from scratch now that I've thought about it and reread the Patch Notes.
Would have done me well to take screenshots of what I equipped my party with as I spent quite some time using the Refine Feature to craft ideal Items for them. ^^;
Still would like to hear from your concerning my Launcher please, raonak - thank you already for your help!
Whoa, that sounds like a bad situation regarding lost saves.
Let me try understand it; did you update from the v0.76 launcher, or did you download a new file from the website?

-If you downloaded a launcher from the site, you should be safe.
You can use the launcher's restore saves option (Extras > Restore Saves).
The best way would be:
  1. to go to the old version's launcher
  2. use the backup saves option, and chose a location (this will create a .zip file)
  3. close the old launcher.
  4. open the new launcher
  5. use the restore saves option, and chose the same zip file.

But If you used the update option in the previous version's launcher, and it managed to delete your saves, i'm unsure what could have happened... :(
The launcher auto-creates backups, so maybe you can restore your old saves (should be in the Save Backup folder). but it only keeps 5~ of the most recent backups...
I'm sorry if this happened. i'm not sure why the launcher could malfunctioned like that.
I'll have a look at the code to see if there's anything fishy...

In any case, all I can suggest is that you keep regular backups.

PhantomTheEevee

Let me try understand it; did you update from the v0.76 launcher, or did you download a new file from the website?
I've redownloaded it from the website.

All actually functions as normal apart from it fails to load an old savefile, the Game opens and I can start playing right away - if running the Version0.8-Launcher from the folder it displays 'the launcher will now restart', then 'Failed to load game configurations, error at line 0.' The Game DOES start anyway automatically then, but does state 'Version Error' and the SPEE Logo in the Menu is missing. Weirdly enough, I can still choose 'Update' and it'll download it.

I'm sorry if this happened. i'm not sure why the launcher could malfunctioned like that.
I'll have a look at the code to see if there's anything fishy...

In any case, all I can suggest is that you keep regular backups.
I will, and thanks a lot for looking into this issue!
I'll try redownloading once more later or tomorrow, maybe my PC's been having an issue which subconsciously messed things up.

PhantomTheEevee

Manually updating seems to have fixed most if not all the issues I had with the Launcher. Phew!

I'm having a question though, does anyone remember where to obtain a nametag in-game to rename a Pokemon? I can't seem to figure it out myself. :C Need it because as my Trapinch evolved into a Vibrava it is still named 'Trapinch'.

Last edited:

Poliswag

King of the Polys
This is probably one of the best fan games I have ever played!
Good story, unique game engine, great mechanics, perfect fusion of Final Fantasy, and Pokemon!
I would recommend this to anyone!

prateek21

Rookie
You
Manually updating seems to have fixed most if not all the issues I had with the Launcher. Phew!

I'm having a question though, does anyone remember where to obtain a nametag in-game to rename a Pokemon? I can't seem to figure it out myself. :C Need it because as my Trapinch evolved into a Vibrava it is still named 'Trapinch'.
You get them by your ManMan and you can buy them in some marts