Help Battle Sprite help

Hello. I am slightly new to all of this, but I have gotten a pretty good idea of what is going on. My game uses custom sprites, though not the best in the world. My issue is with them in battle. Either they don't appear or they are not in position. I have adjusted the values bothe in game using debug mode (which works until I leave the editor, as well as sets all values to +/- 65k in 'pokemon.txt, exceeding limits by 2x and throws that error code) and within the PBS file itself (which doesn't carry over when I save and test play it). I have found a script for the player side, but it throws an error code if I attempt to edit either enemy values and crashes the test play. Does anyone have any ideas that they could throw at me to fix my issue? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I wasn't home yesterday when I posted this, so I had no access to the codes mentioned above. They go as followed:

Code 1 (battle value code)

Exception: RuntimeError

Message: The value "BattleeEnemyY" must be from -32768 to 32767, got a value of -65506
File PBS/pokemon.txt, section 1, key BattlerEnemyY -65506

Compiler:317:in `pbCheckSignedWord'

Compiler:1761:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:1698:in `each'

Compiler:1698:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:1695:in `loop'

Compiler:1775:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:1680:in `each'

Compiler:1680:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:1679:in `each'

Compiler:1679:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Code 2 (script altered code)

Exception: NoMethodError

Pokemon_Sprites:419:in `getBattleSpriteMetricOffset'

Editor_SpritePosEditor:122:in `refresh'

Editor_SpritePosEditor:227:in `pbSpecies'

Editor_SpritePosEditor:220:in `loop'

Editor_SpritePosEditor:239:in `pbSpecies'

Editor_SpritePosEditor:287:in `pbStart'

Editor_SpritePosEditor:286:in `loop'

Editor_SpritePosEditor:294:in `pbStart'

Debug_Menu:655:in `pbDebugMenuActions'

Debug_Menu:652:in `pbFadeOutIn'

I am pretty sure I copied these correctly as I am using a cell phone. Lol

Last edited:
Honestly, I've gotten better at figuring things out and have yet to figure this one out, but the project in question has been cancelled altogether, so this thread is no longer relevant I suppose.

juliorain

Novice
"BattleeEnemyY" must be from -32768 to 32767,

refers to the y position. it's likely you acciendally erased that when editing your trainer code. the pbs txt are very whiny about missing information

I tried that when I was still messing attempting the project. Same results though.
Alas, I have a new project I'm working on and, due to the many issues with that one aside from the one in this post, it no longer exists.
However, I do thank you for taking the time to respond to this thread.