Overview Community Streams

Deo

the north star
Administrator
Here at Relic Castle, we love streams. Streams are a fantastic way to interact with the community and create awesome content -- be it you working on your fan game, playing a fan game, or something not at all related to fan games! That being said, it can be tricky to know when someone in the community is streaming unless you already follow them, right? Don't worry, we have you covered.

Introducing community streams, where we feature content streamed by you, the community! We have a list of community approved streamers, and when one goes online the Streams tab on the navigation bar of every page will have an indicator for how many community streams are live.
We also have a #streams channel on the Discord server where a bot will announce when a community stream goes online.

From within the Streams tab, you can find the list of streams that are both online and offline. If a stream is online, you can even view the stream and use the chat from the Relic Castle site!

We encourage you to check out any online streams (there's even some badges related to community streams), and we hope that community streams become a big part of Relic Castle!

List of Community Streamers
Buttjuice
Cadorade5
Deo
Dragonite
Jephed
NuclearOmega
NurseEthi
Rhyden
Evan

How do I become a community streamer?
While we don't have any set in stone requirements, we'll likely add you to the list if you follow these guidelines:
  • Have at least 10 posts, or be a reputable community member.
  • You don't need to have a stream schedule, but we may remove inactive streams if you haven't streamed in a year or so.
  • You are not required to stream content related to fan games, but we encourage it.
If you feel you would be a good fit as a community streamer, please reply to this thread with a link to your stream and describe the type of content we can expect from you!

We reserve the right to remove you from the community streams at any point. If you have a complaint about a community stream, please send a direct message to a staff member. However, keep in mind that different streams have different rules, and they're your responsibility to follow.

If you have any questions, or just want to talk about community streams, feel free to do so in this thread!

Last edited:

Evan

in another life, Starrcasm
Howdy!

I stream a bunch on my "Starrcasm" twitch channel, where I'll do a variety of programs, with, unfortunately, no exact schedule. I usually try to let people know several hours in advance if I'm streaming, though!
My programs include:

- Drunk Fangames! Usually with my pal Scott [@Shgeldz], we'll play through longer fangames in a many-part series, while (legally!) inebriated. We've completed Uranium, and have moved on to Prism.
- Let's Play Fangames! Occasionally, like after a Game Jam or an April Fools Release, I'll play several shorter fangames that have been released, and we have a good time in the stream.
- Evan Gets Creative - This one is a new one, but I'm thinking of doing some creativity streams during events here at Relic Castle (pixel jam, game jam, etc). I'm unsure how long that will last, but I'm going to try to do it! Everything's more fun when you do it for an audience!
- Evan Starr's Ding Dang Fan Game Talk Show - ???

I'm also looking into doing perhaps some tutorial videos, or even a series where, with the chat, we develop a short fangame in order to teach the very basics of RMXP/Essentials specific eventing.

Tune in! We're gonna have a Ding Dang Time.

Yo, hi! I do all kinds of Twitch dev streams on Wednesdays for my game, Pokemon Plastic Pyrite! Like sketching/spriting Pokemon/characters, mapping, making new moves,-- pretty much everything. If anything's recommended in the chat, it's bound to get in the game! :joy:
I also play Pokemon fan-games, challenge runs, & all kinds of other games on stream, too. I'm planning on getting fan-game streams up for Fridays/Saturdays soon, & when Splatoon 2 comes out, I'll be hosting viewer matches!

I'll tweet when I'm about to go live on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NuclearOmega
My Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/nuclearomega
My YouTube (I upload the Twitch streams there, as well as Let's Plays!) https://www.youtube.com/user/NuclearOmega

Jephed

Trainer
Hello!

If it's okay with you guys I'd like to become a community streamer! I usually stream at least once a week on Twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/jephed_theominousone

Things I do on Twitch will be one of the following:
- Work on one of my projects. (usually being busy with mapping, eventing and tilesets)
- Mess around with Essentials V.17 for educational purposes (for both me and the viewers).
(I might do more in the future, but for now I'm going to keep it simple)

Most streams are with commentary, because viewer interaction is something I really enjoy.

I always announce when I'm about to go live on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/TheNewJephed

If people miss my stream, they can also watch it later on my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/c/jephed

I hope this is possible :)

Aki

Administrator
Administrator
I updated the main post to list more of the streamers, because I don't think it's been edited since the initial announcement. :yum
If you were suddenly tagged, that's why!

If you're on the streamer list but don't see your name up there, I was finding who's active by who's streams Curry announced in Discord! So:
  1. Either you haven't streamed yet,
  2. Or sorry, I overlooked your stream
  3. Or sorry again, I made a small permissions mistake and Curry has been ignoring you! Please DM me and I'll fix that.

Dragonite

The cake is a lie, so give it to me
Oh, I guess I should drop mine here too? I'm currently split between fan games and Gen 7 Battle Spot but I'll probably do other types of games . . . eventually.

Also my current schedule is "whenever I'm not feeling lazy," so I'll have to do something about that.

https://gaming.youtube.com/c/DragoniteSpam/live

Deo

the north star
Administrator
With our site upgrade, our list of streams was wiped. We will be taking this oppertunity to insist that anyone who wants to have their stream featured should make a post. We won't be adding your stream otherwise.

If your stream was previously here, please consider posting. (Unless you're one of the above posters!)

Cadeorade5

Novice
I've been on and off streaming for the last few months and with the game jam coming up I might be streaming a little bit of the development, but I will for sure play other games and you can also find me playing other games such as overwatch.
Twitch- twitch.tv/cadeorade5

Dragonite

The cake is a lie, so give it to me
I'm not sure how much I'll be streaming on the future but I guess I'll re-apply anyway? There's like one or two games I'm interested in streaming right now and neither of them are Pokémon—I prefer the traditional Let's Play format—but I might do that again by the end of the summer.

Also my current schedule is "whenever I'm not feeling lazy," so I'll have to do something about that.

https://gaming.youtube.com/c/DragoniteSpam/live

Eyyyyyyyy what's good my 🅱️eople? Did you know that I stream on WorldWideWeb.Twitch.Television?
Because I do 👈😎👈 "But Rhyden" I hear you say, "what exactly do you stream?" I'm glad you asked, anonymous, undisclosed citizen.

For the most part, my stream has become a metaphorical home for unconventional off-brand Pokemon games. I've played games like PokeMMO and various ROM hacks that mix up the formula to provide a fresh, yet familiar Pokemon experience for everyone. There's also the occasional variety game that (even if you're strictly a Pokémon fan) I'm sure you'll enjoy watching for one reason or another. Heck, you might even be able to participate just like when I streamed through Starbound on an open server with others. There's also rumors that once in a blue moon, you can find Rhyden making some rad music on stream.

By the way, we got some heckin' nifty emotes if that's something you look for in a stream!

So come take a look at Twitch.tv/RhydenRaichu and see what all the hype is about!
I'm looking forward to seeing you (yes you!) over on my channel!

As a footnote here, I'd like to say that I take great pride in my stream and that I work hard and put a lot of time into making it the best it can be with the tools and skills that I currently have. I'm also constantly investing finances and research into making it a better experience for me of course, but also my viewers. I can never find the words to express my gratitude to the people who have supported me along the way and I would just like to remind everyone that a streamer means literally nothing without the people that support them and indulge in their content. So thank you just for reading my post and showing interest. 🧡

Buttjuice

happy dev
I stream on a (almost) daily basis excluding weekends over on YouTube. I usually end up playing Pokémon fan games, but have in the past played other games (like Mario ones, FighterZ, and more). I plan on streaming some more jam entiries this week and probably next week to figure out what game I’d end up voting on for the community spotlight, and usually give feedback during and at the end of the game. ^^

Ouroboro

Novice
hey i kinda just wanna use my stream i hope i'm kinda considered enough of a community member to start streaming regularly!

https://twitch.tv/ourobouro

i actually haven't played a ton of the fan-games, and combined with some free time i now have:

i definitely wanna knock out all the Game Jam games, talks some fan-game dev and stuff (it's like my favorite thing), play some of the bigger games i haven't touched yet, and some amas i think that'd be fun!

other stuff i kinda already do:

stream fighting games, mostly pokken, because playing that game is like, my job

stream card games, mostly pokemon TCGO and shadowverse

stream other dumb things

stream touhou fan-games

fun and games!