Demo Pokemon Recondite

I want to be more interactive with everyone who visits this page but not sure which route to go...

• Make/Update a progress chart

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Show what path I want to take my story which would include some spoilers

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Make a discord

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Post more/any comments

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing

• That was a bad pun man but fine I'll post a comment anyways (If you didn't realize it's route)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Allan5829

Rookie
(Download links at the bottom)

You just move into a new home to a region you know nothing about for a job your dad just recieved. You've always wanted a pokemon but never got the chance. You come to find out that this region was at war with the Kalos region 3000 years ago and you see what that has done to the surroundings. The first time you learn about gym leaders is from someone who's being a jerk to you and your new found friend Xavier. For some reason, trainers don't challenge gym leaders anymore but instead challenge certain trainers and that has become the new method to qualify for the pokemon league. You will encounter some foes who's goal you don't know of and face hardships for being seen as weak because you haven't beaten anyone "important yet."

You will discover more about the world and you will meet people with very diverse goals. Some of the themes are Knowledge, Power, Ideals, and Desire. Aside from you trying to challenge the pokemon league, you discover problems within the region and a "resistance" coming from regular trainers.

Features
-Custom Story with a brand new region and lore
-Overworld Battles: It's an attempt to replicate the battles from the anime
-Gym leaders are replaced
-Important characters like 5 Frontier Brains, Elite Four, and some leaders of important groups that are in the "market"
-New moves with similar mechanics
-Some what branched story
-Areas will change as events occur (ex. in sun and moon po town is the same before and after you beat team skull, what I would do if after team skull is driven out turn the city back to normal)
-Mega evolution (willing to add custom megas if I can get some art)
-Pokemon up to generation 6
-Pokemon Changes which includes types, stat redistribution, moves, and etc. (full list of changes in text document named CHANGES)
-HMs will be replaced with key items
-Custom Shinies (not made by myself)

The Plan:
-There will be 4-5 Versions (Version 5 may just be after game)
-Currently working on Version 2 (5/16/18)
-Version 2 will be a big update and I still have a lot of work to do before I release it

(yes these screenshots are a little outdated)
The first image is a part from the first overworld battle the player will see but as you can see it's not the best image of a flamethrower

The team:
-I'm doing everything myself but have some friends who are testers

If there are people who would like to help me, the areas I need help in are:
Mega Evolution art
Art of moves used that could be used in the overworld (not pokemon battles, for example the flamethrower in screenshot one)
Map making
Considerations- If you do want to help me I won't be able to provide rpg maker xp

( Full list of names will be in a text document titled CREDITS)
Credits to Poccil, Flameguru, and Maruno for "Pokemon Essentials"
Credit to everyone who worked on the "Project: Generation 6 Release" here on Relic Castle (credits for everyone who worked on this will be in a text document within the game folder)
Credit to whoever created the overworld sprites from the "Following Pokemon Resource" (I don't know who out of these people made the sprites but I'll mention everyone: Help-14, zingzags, Rayd12smitty, Venom12, mej71)
Credit to everyone who worked on Pokemon Reborn's 6th gen sprites, mega sprites, shiny spriting and Amethyst as many of the resources I'm using come from Pokemon Reborn (It is stated that anyone can use resources from Pokemon Reborn in the Reborn FAQ as long as credited http://www.rebornevo.com/index.php?/pr/gamefaq/#borrow)
Credit to SytheXP for Sinnoh Tileset
Credit to Crazyninjaguy for HGSS tileset
Credit to Obito at RHR for Tutorial:View IV/EV on Pokemon Summary

Music Credits: ( will add more artists as I add more music)
Junichi Masuda (Pokemon's Original Sound Tracks)
GlitchxCity
Emdasche
Mewmore
LOrbSheddy
VanilluxePavilion

Credit to Luca S.J. for Elite Battle System
Credit to Marin for Better Fast-Forward

Any feedback or questions are greatly appreciated and thank you for looking at this post!

Download links: (There is a speed up button but speed up at your own risk because it could cause lag or break the game during important events, most of the important events start off with the player being noticed so here's your warning)
Through Google Docs- https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-G-93IvYBLU85r2emmZc52E673rHfssO
Through MediaFire- http://www.mediafire.com/file/q49wh1ed4fv9c97/Pokemon_Recondite_Version_1.2.rar/file
Links Last updated 5/22/18
Here a discord link for those who would like to join https://discord.gg/zDtrpvN

Hopefully there aren't too many bugs...

Last edited:

Mewleon

The Nyoomster
Just by first impressions, I can see Potiental in this upcoming project, mostly due to the plot. The features being featured in your thread are intesting as well, especially the custom shinies owo). Can't wait to see further development!

Allan5829

Rookie
Been busy with life so I haven't made a lot of progress into Version 2 so I can't give any estimate on a release date.
Here's a progress chart for what it's worth
Events 5% (dialogue and important events)
Trainers 5% (make them)
Maps ~10-15% (putting the map together and all that fun stuff I'm slow at...)
Characters 20% (making/finalizing characters that will show up in Version 2)
Story 35-40% (overall plot of the story like after you do this then you can do that)
Scripts 0% (new moves, weather "enhance", replace hms, and anything else I think of)
Misc. 5% (everything else)

Once you find Atlas more things will unlock.
You will learn more about the status of the region in more ways than one.
Learn more about The Resistance and this other mysterious organization.
Meet more gym leaders and frontier brain(s).
Meet me! Wait, I mean the professor... yeah the professor!
Go on "missions".
A new overworld battle, maybe more.
A lot of changes to Pokemon in terms of moves and I shall dare to change up the resistances a bit :scream:.
I will update the download links soon because since Version 1 I have made some changes like add EBS. Credits will be updated when the links are updated.

If anyone is good at making maps and has RPG Maker XP that would like to help out make maps leave a reply or pm me if interested. Thanks!

Allan5829

Rookie
If you downloaded the game before 3/25, I updated the links that takes care of some problems and adds some features. (sorry if you recently downloaded it) You should be able to open up the new version anywhere but if there is a problem go into a Pokemon Center, save, and then load up version 1.1. I won't post another Version 1 update unless there's a game breaking bug... but please tell me about an minor bugs so that they will be fixed in Version 2. I'll post a Version 2 update in about 2 weeks, as long as I don't forget...

Allan5829

Rookie
Well here's an update.

Events 15% (dialogue and important events)
Trainers 15% (make them)
Maps 50-60% (putting the map together and all that fun stuff I'm slow at...)
Characters 35% (making/finalizing characters that will show up in Version 2)
Story 35-40% (overall plot of the story like after you do this then you can do that)
Scripts 50% (new moves, weather "enhance", replace hms, and anything else I think of)
Misc. 15% (everything else)

I made a discord for anyone interested. Feel free to join and ask me any questions or etc.
https://discord.gg/zDtrpvN

Allan5829

Rookie
I haven't done much in terms of progress but more so planning out the rest of Version 2. It won't be done anytime soon so I want to give a sneak peak of a character for those who are interested.
So this character is the leader of a black market group. When I mentioned "market" in features, I was referring to the black market of this region. His title is Underground Leader. I took inspiration from Shigaraki from My hero Academia. "Why should pokemon be restricted from only battling other pokemon? Why is there no consequence from losing a battle? If you lose you're defenseless, how would you stop the trainer who beat you in battle from attacking you? What's stopping the champion from destroying anything and everything? What will stop me from killing you after I beat you in battle? ... It's not rules because those are made by people who want to control people like you and me. This, this is the real world, and if you aren't ready for it, then play dead while you can."

NormanGuy

Rookie
I just arrived to Ozark Cave and I can't go any further because I can't cross the bridge for some reason. It's just like there's some barrier preventing me from going on it.

Allan5829

Rookie
I just arrived to Ozark Cave and I can't go any further because I can't cross the bridge for some reason. It's just like there's some barrier preventing me from going on it.
Fixed it, there shouldn't be anymore problems with crossing the bridge. Don't know how I missed that but thank you for getting that to my attention.
Patch links: http://www.mediafire.com/file/bog6zxy38wxk69f/Data.rar/file
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SQUR55XpDeWDMJctN8FIGc94nghfL3Nd
Once you download replace the old DATA folder with the new one that you just downloaded.