• The Relic Castle Game Jam #4 is almost halfway done! From June 30th to August 10th, users have just a bit over a month to make an entire game. Check this thread for details!

Help Gen 6 Project Graphics issue

Cannaboss

Rookie
I am trying to use the Gen 6 project's battlers by mej71 and am having trouble positioning my sprites. A lot of them are going off to the sides and are too large. Here is an example.

I am wondering what I am doing wrong and what I can do to fix this. Also thank you to anyone who can help me!!

xUMG

Elite Trainer
You're using the EBS formatted sprite right? this one.

It was ripped from the original Pokémon sprite it's a gif, as you can see i placed outlines on the gif. Notice the sprite itself is on the edge of the template.

The error is on the sprite itself nothing else.
Most of the SM and ORAS style battle sprite is like this.

I recommend ask someone for a download with the sprites positioned in the right place, Or reposition it yourself in debug.

https://imgur.com/a/WHImg

Last edited:

Cannaboss

Rookie
You're using the EBS formatted sprite right? this one.

It was ripped from the original Pokémon sprite it's a gif, as you can see i placed outlines on the gif. Notice the sprite itself is on the edge of the template.

The error is on the sprite itself nothing else.
Most of the SM and ORAS style battle sprite is like this.

I recommend ask someone for a download with the sprites positioned in the right place, Or reposition it yourself in debug.

https://imgur.com/a/WHImg
How would I go about positioning it myself in debug? I have tried using the positioner that comes with EBS, but that only allows me to move the sprites up and down.

xUMG

Elite Trainer
How would I go about positioning it myself in debug? I have tried using the positioner that comes with EBS, but that only allows me to move the sprites up and down.
Sorry! i can't help you with that, I recommend you try change the sprite template size, So that the sprite is in the middle of the template. From the original gifs and use the gif to png converter.

Luka S.J.

Wastage of Time
Essentials doesn't have additional parameters to handle the x offset of sprites, so by default, neither does EBS. EBS wasn't designed to be used with those Gen 6 rips, so it never guarantees to look or function properly when using them.

Uax

Novice
I had a similar problem if not the same . Resizing the pngs worked out for me ( at least for the most of the animations ) ,even if I know it's not probably the correct solution but it's a cheap way to get them working.

xUMG

Elite Trainer
I had a similar problem if not the same . Resizing the pngs worked out for me ( at least for the most of the animations ) ,even if I know it's not probably the correct solution but it's a cheap way to get them working.
Yup! you should try to change the size of the sprite (like iv'e said).
The sprite positioner places the sprite in the middle (IDK Probably?), so if you take advantage of that it should hopefully work.