Solved Help with dialogue picture

Trinety

Rookie
Hello everyone,

I'm quite new to the reliccastle community. Sadly, I don't know much about Pokémon Essentials or RPG Maker XP. I've always wanted to give it a go, so now i've been experimenting and making my own game for the past few months.

I'll try to explain my question to the best of my abilities (my English is not that great). I'm intending for the player's character to have a picture with its dialogue. The male character for example, will have a face picture. I put it in there with 'Show Picture'.

But what if the player chooses the female character instead. How do I make the female face picture appear instead of the male? So, if you choose the female instead of the male, I want the same thing (the face picture of the female character next to the dialogue). But I don't know how to accomplish this. Is this possible to do?

Any help or tips on this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Trinety

Rookie
Thank you so much!!! I will try this out and i'll let you know if it worked :D I will credit you as Mr. Gela.------------------------
I made this a while ago! It's not up-to-date with the latest version of Essentials, but it probably still is compatible.
https://reliccastle.com/resources/23/

Thanks again, the script works! But I don't know if it will work if another player chooses a female. How do I make the female face sprite appear then (if I don't control if the player chooses male or female)? Sorry if this is a dumb question, still learning i'm afraid!

It'll look something like this:

(I personally use switches instead of variables for stuff like this, makes it a little easier to make sure it's clean true/false.)

This branch will check if the switch Male Player is on. If it is, it'll perform the command directly below it. If it isn't, it'll perform the command under Else.

If you just have a male and female protagonist, then this will work just fine, but if you've got a nonbinary protagonist, you should put another condition branch under Else for Female Player.

Trinety

Rookie
It'll look something like this:

(I personally use switches instead of variables for stuff like this, makes it a little easier to make sure it's clean true/false.)

This branch will check if the switch Male Player is on. If it is, it'll perform the command directly below it. If it isn't, it'll perform the command under Else.

If you just have a male and female protagonist, then this will work just fine, but if you've got a nonbinary protagonist, you should put another condition branch under Else for Female Player.
Thanks so much for taking the time to show this to me! I will try this out now. So then I just have to do this for every text/event/etc I imagine? The whole variable and switch thing is still a bit confusing for me, but i'll keep practicing.

EDIT: it worked for me! I can't believe it was something so small. Thanks again!