Solved Starting Over Position

ZachBudd

Novice
I am trying to make my player go to their mom's house when they are forced to start over( pkmn die) and It is going to the house in Lappet town instead of the place where I want it to go. I have copied and pasted the page that the mom in Lappet town has into my mom, and then deleted the page from lappet mom. Whenever my character dies, they go back to lappet mom, even though the mom does not have that page for starting over anymore, AND my mom has it now. Any suggestions? I have looked on the pokemonessentials wiki and could not find anything useful.

Sparta

Someone who does something.
The location of the player's home is defined in the metadata.txt PBS file. You should see a field named "Home" there, followed by four numbers. Looks like this:

Code:
Home=2,27,10,2
The numbers look confusing, but it's really simple to wrap your head around.

The first number, 2, is the map ID that will be used as home. This should be set to the map ID of your player's home. Toward the bottom right of RMXP there's a little footer that shows the map ID, name, width and height.

The next two are the location on the map - they'll be set to the tile located at 27,10. The tile location can be found toward the bottom right of RMXP's map editor with the map name and ID.

The last number is the direction they'll be facing. It's basically arrow keys but if it were on the numpad. 2 is down, 4 is left, 6 is right, and 8 is right.

ZachBudd

Novice
The location of the player's home is defined in the metadata.txt PBS file. You should see a field named "Home" there, followed by four numbers. Looks like this:

Code:
Home=2,27,10,2
The numbers look confusing, but it's really simple to wrap your head around.

The first number, 2, is the map ID that will be used as home. This should be set to the map ID of your player's home. Toward the bottom right of RMXP there's a little footer that shows the map ID, name, width and height.

The next two are the location on the map - they'll be set to the tile located at 27,10. The tile location can be found toward the bottom right of RMXP's map editor with the map name and ID.

The last number is the direction they'll be facing. It's basically arrow keys but if it were on the numpad. 2 is down, 4 is left, 6 is right, and 8 is right.
Thank you so much! I appreciate it!!!