Demo Pokémon Rusty

xUMG

Hoho-oh?
This game was inspired by Pokémon Rusty, it's based on an animated series on YouTube, made by Dorkly. It has a RomHack that's where I get most of the sprites, obviously I wouldn't rip the sprites from the RomHack, so I asked Dorkly for permission.

Q:
How can I get to Route 17?

A:
In order to get to Route 17 (Not Cycling Road, they are two different areas), you will need to have finished "Celadon Mall" and head to route 4. (In other words only Route 4 has acces to Route 17, which is needed to progress)

Q:
Why do I directly go to Pewter City:

A:
The next event happens in Mt. Moon, so, we needed to skip most part of the original games. If you'd like to see Viridian City I recommend waiting for the episode "Viridian City Gym".

Q:
How can I get to Team Rocket HQ?

A:
Head to East of Cinnabar Island.

Q:
How can I get to the episode "Team Rocket Ride Along"?

A:
Head to East of Cinnabar Island, again. (Note that this is for the next update, and not the current one you can download)

Notes:

If you'd like a more in-dept guide for the game the original series is your friend.

If there's a game update, I recommend replaying the game, or else glitches will be everywhere. (I know it's annoying but I can't keep that from happening, especially this game is filled with cutscenes which uses a lot of switches.)

The game's mapping is really confusing please bare that in mind.

Overview

Pokémon Rusty is all about a Pokémon Trainer that calls his "Kakuna" Pikachu, his name is Rusty, he's the most stupidest trainer, he goes around creating catastrophes around him, eventually creating the most powerful Pokémon that ever existed; Perfect Bidoof, he and some other trainers tries to stop Perfect Bidoof using Dialga as a base to create a time machine to try to stop Perfect Bidoof.

Enjoy the Game!

Screenshots

Credits

no copyright infringement is intended on the makes of the game, please support the official releases.
Just to be clear, I do not work with the Dorkly Bits company.

Pokémon Rusty by
Dorkly Bits Company

Pokémon Essentials by
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

Scripts/Resources by
KleinStudio
Speed-up in Debug

Luka S.J.
Ultimate Title Screen

Pokémon by
Game Freak
Nintendo
Creatures Inc.

RPG Maker XP by
Enterbrain

Team Members
Me (eventing) (mapping) (spriting) (scripting)
Ampharos 2.0 (scripting) (eventing)
Haunted Ditto (spriting)
ZmeyKolbasnik (beta tester) (music/theme recognizer)

With contributions from
leilou - Deleting a Specific Pokémon
MGriffin - Changing Party Postion

If you do find bugs, wrong grammar, or anything like those, please contact me here or on discord (xUMG#4982)​

Download:
Mediafire

We are also looking to recruit members,
check it out!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1628

Update 2

Changes:
  • Added new Pokémon called Snorcrash.
  • Balanced Encounter and Trainer battles.
  • Improved cutscenes.
  • Demo now ends in "Snorcrash" episode.
  • Bug fixes.
[btn=#ffcc33|http://www.mediafire.com/file/w6hr7t85hp9a9rd/Pok%C3%A9mon_Rusty.rar]Mediafire[/btn]

I decided not to have multiple download links.
I shall play it when I get home.------------------------But I am wondering. Do you plan on adapting the whole series into a game? Either way I'm excited to play it. I really enjoyed Pokemon Rusty.

D

Deleted member 1628

So I played a bit of your game. It is very faithful to the series it's based on. But I think the grammar, punctuation, and capitalization could use some work. I notice multiple instances where the wrong kind of "your" was used or the letter "i" was lowercase when it should have been capitalized. But you can correct that in future updates.

xUMG

Hoho-oh?
So I played a bit of your game. It is very faithful to the series it's based on. But I think the grammar, punctuation, and capitalization could use some work. I notice multiple instances where the wrong kind of "your" was used or the letter "i" was lowercase when it should have been capitalized. But you can correct that in future updates.
I wouldn't wanna fix those yet, You see i wrote the exact same thing in the subtitles written on YouTube.

D

Deleted member 1628

Hey! I'm not much of a technical guy so I wanted to know if we can play it on Android and if we can, what kind of emu or player do we need
It's an RPG Maker game. So simply put, you can't play it on an Android phone. You need a Windows PC.

xUMG

Hoho-oh?
It's an RPG Maker game. So simply put, you can't play it on an Android phone. You need a Windows PC.
Hey, thanks for answering the question while I didn't realize it, but that asides,

Updated link in the main thread.
I just made more progress, so here's more updates.

Changes:
  • Changed intro scene, so it looks more like the original games now.
  • Made the game look more like FireRed.
  • Changed battle scene for the Rival battle on Route 1. (See on the new screenshots for more information)
  • Demo now ends in "Celadon Mall" episode.
  • More grammar fix, the ones that I missed from the last update.
  • Bug fixes.
Well since I saw this video on YT I was quite inspired to continue and try to finish the game, I also am better at grammar punctuation now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1628

The sign in Beige Town still says "Pallet Town", just thought I'd point that out. I just got through Celadon Mall. Since you worked on stuff like the grammar, and other updates, the game is so much more enjoyable, and it's quite faithful to the original series as well. Really good job.

xUMG

Hoho-oh?
More updates are rolling in! We (The team) decided to post updates once a week, if not we will be late for like 2 or 3 days.
Download link in main thread updated.

Changes:
  • Pokémon Rusty intro is finaly here!
  • Little improvements on cutscenes.
  • Demo now ends in the episode "HM Madness".
  • Bug fixes.
Well, it's not that big of an update, I have to fit in the game and working in school so bare with me.
Pleas do read the Notes.

But for the next update we're gonna release it within two weeks which means one week from now.

Last edited:

xUMG

Hoho-oh?
More updates. I'm pretty lazy so it took me 2 weeks to, fix the warp bugs, cutscene improvements, the next episode, and a lot more, so here it is.

Changes:
  • Improved cutscenes (so much, especially in Route 17).
  • Demo now ends in "EV Trainer" episode.
  • Added throwing pokéball scene in Mt. Moon.
  • Pixel art improvements (check it in the new screenshots).
  • Bug fixes.
Yeah... from the list it doesn't look like that much but it actually is.

I forgot about april fools so I didn't get to set something up for the game.

Last edited:

xUMG

Hoho-oh?
After the last more than two hours of doing some clean ups, brainstorming, for the game's release, it's finaly done.

Changes:
  • Demo now ends in "Gym Fight" episode.
  • Bug fixes.
Major credits to Ampharos 2.0, I couldn't have made it work without his dialouges.

Uh-huh, yeah, not that much, 'you wonder why it took us so long? We needed to figure out a lot of stuff that's needed for the gym battle, thankfully we got it working, and I'm a little lazy.

As per usual I've updated the link in the main thread.

100th posts's a charm right?

Last edited: