- Pokémon Essentials Version
- v17.2 ✅
The following is a visual upgrade to the Pokémon Essentials starter kit. It was created to resemble the Gen 5 battle system in both the scene and behaviour.
All the scripts and graphics are 100% plug and play. This system does not support GIFs and is not styled or optimized to the likes of Gen 6 games, so the resources provided, and the positioning of the scene elements will not work ideally with new Gen 6 sprites/graphical resources.
Should you wish to make changes to the system, you may do so, but I will not provide you with any support or assistance. Tweak at your own risk! Everything you could possibly need is already included in the kit, and should some resources be missing, or should you wish to add more, you can do so manually.
Carefully read all the instructions .
Q: Help, the game is throwing out errors about missing Pokémon sprites!?
A: Run your game at least once in Debug mode to re-index the sprites.
Q: Help, I'm getting a 'NameError' 'uninitialized constant' error!?
A: This just means that you haven't compiled your game data yet. Please do so.
Q: Can I use GIFs with this system??
A: No. It's that simple
Q: Can I use static and/or default Essentials sprites in this?
A: As stated in the features list, yes. You can still use single frame, static sprites.
Q: How do I get this to work with a DS layout?
A: As of version 4.3.3, EBS no longer supports DS engines.
Q: HALP!!!! My sprites are huge/tiny?
A: If you're not using the resources provided, you'll have some issues at first. The system is not magic. However, you can use the Positioner.exe to position the sprites, and the scaling constants (in the SJPlugins_Settings script) to automatically scale your sprites.
Q: My Mega Pokémon are all over the place in this. What gives?
A: Unfortunately that is not an issue with EBS, but rather a limitation with Essentials, as it doesn't have a separate method to position mega Pokémon sprites.
Q: Can you make this compatible with online play?
A: No. That is none of my concern. Essentials has no PvP aspects to it, so neither will EBS.
Q: I'm getting 'Critical Error' messages!?!
A: That has nothing to do with EBS, and could occour from a multitude of reasons. A common one being that people tend to use pirated versions of RMXP. Another, is a mismatch of the version of RMXP that you are running and the RGSS10xE.dll Library in your project folder.
Q: Can you make this more like 6th generation?
A: No. I have no interest in that.
Q: How can we disable the zooming and scene motion?
A: The dynamic battle scene is the whole point of this system. By default, you can't. You'll have to go through and edit a lot of the scripts to achieve that.
Q: How do I use the new VS animations?
A: Read the top portion of the EliteBattle_EntryAnimations script.
Q: My game is telling me that I'm missing some Graphics resources??
A: Run your game at least once in Debug mode, and update your plugins when prompted.
Please credit all the following people for their contributions, when using the Elite Battle System.
• GameFreak | Original sprites from B/W/2 games• Pokecheck.org | Ripping the sprites from B2/W2 roms• [b]Luka S.J.[/b] | Indexing and formatting the sprites• PinkCatDragon | GIF to PNG conversion• Tebited15 | B/W styled trainer Red sprite• Spriters-Resource (redblueyellow) | Gen 5 ball spritesBattle Backgrounds:
• Eli | Ripping and compiling the backgrounds• lilatraube | Some B2/W2 battle basesCustom UI:
• [b]Luka S.J.[/b] | Design, formatting and implementationScripts:
• [b]Luka S.J.[/b] | Elite Battle System• [b]Maruno[/b] | General help and support• PinkCatDragon | GIF to PNG converter• Pokémon Essentials | Base systemSound Effects:
• GameFreak | Original sound effects from B/W/2 games• BadSamaritan | Ripping the sound effects