I'm back already with the next update for this plugin.
- Fixed a bug with the list of berries planted not being displayed correctly
- Fixed a bug with the Button Box not going back to it's original position when hiding the Berry Preview Box.
- Fixed an issue with the Disctrict Names Setting Crashing the Game.
- Fixed an issue when there's no Player Position, it would crash the Game.
- Fixed a bug with the game crashing after every trainer or wild battle.
- On the Berry Mode, when you planted for example only 2 Oran Berries on the same location, it'll say that there were 2 Berries planted but it'll act like it's just 1 berry. Since it are 2 Berries of the same kind.
- On the Berry Mode, when you have more kinds of Berries planted on a same location it'll tell you, in the choice menu, how many of each kind you've planted and displays this as well on the top before the Berry name. This removes the "Total" line in the Berry preview. I might be adding a new (smaller) Graphic for just 1 line in a future update.
To make everything work correctly, make sure you've got everything set up correctly according to the Pokémon Essentials documentation for townmap and the mapmetadata pbs files. I'm always willing to help you out if you're unsure about anything.
- You might have already noticed the Percentage showing next to the Region's Name. I've now expanded this by making it count wild pokemon, trainers and items. The only requirement for counting trainers and items is that in the events, there's either "item" or "trainer" mentioned. I'll provide some settings in a future update if you prefer to not have it count trainers, items and wild pokemon. If districts are being used, it'll split up the progress and displays it for each district respectivily.
Also I'm working on a full detailed guide for this plugin. It's much more orginized than the Plugin's overview page since I can split everything up in individual tabs so it's much easier to find things you're looking for.
- Fixed an issue with the District Counter crashing the game when the total Counter is 0.
- Fixed the pathing for the Fly Icons.
- Added a warning message incase a Game Map has a invalid Region number defined for it's MapPosition.
- Added a Location Searcher including a Filter as well to quickly find locations on the Region Map.
- Added the possibility to set up fake locations depending on a Game Variable suggested by @REALMUGEN
I'll be updating the overview page of this plugin later this week with a new Showcase video and a more detailed guide for the new Features that have been added recently.
- Added a new Setting to enable or disable the Location Search Feature (or you can set a switch too).
- Added a new Setting to choose to include unvisited locations as well in the Locations list.
- Added a new Setting to set the minimum of locations that need to be unlocked in order to use the Location Search Feature.
- Added a new Setting to choose which button needs to be pressed to activate the Location Search Feature.
- Added a new Setting to choose which button needs to be pressed to activate the Quick Search Feature (filter option).
- Added a new Setting to choose which button needs to be pressed to filter or unfilter the List of Locations when the Location Search Feature is enabled.
- Added a new Setting to add Fake Location Map Positions (explanation is in the Settings file).
Also if you are interested in helping me testing new features for this plugin, I would appreciate that since it's very difficult for me to test every single possible scenario that could eventually cause issues or in worst case a crash. This Plugin is still going to pack out more features so it won't end any time soon
(v3.0.0 is on it's way)
If you have any questions or encounter any bugs, drop them in the discussion or hit me up in DM on either discord or here on Relic Castle.
- Fixed an issue with the Arrow (pointing upwards) not moving correctly when the Button Box is on the top left while viewing a Quest.
- Fixed an issue with the CAN_FLY_FROM_TOWN_MAP setting not being used.
- Fixed an issue with the button set to change Region Map not being used.
- improved the Button Text to display depending on the Region Map being opened from the Pokegear, Fly (field move) or the Wall Map.
- Improved the handling of modes being available depending on logical conditions. For example the Quest map is not available if there are no active Quests.
- Added Berry Mode with Preview and thus compability with wrigty12's Berry Planting Improvements Plugin.
- Added Roaming Mode and implemented -FL-'s Roaming Icon on Map plugin into this plugin. So you don't need to install -FL-'s Roaming Icon on Map Plugin for this to work.
This release also includes new graphic files so make sure to copy those over into your game's graphic folder.
- Added a new Setting to set for each Region to which region you can fly to.
- Added a new Setting to set a specific location the player needs to be on to be able to fly to another region set in the setting above. (this is like in HGSS that you could only fly to kanto or johto when you were on the Indigo Plateau).
- Added a new Setting to turn the Berry Icons on or off.
- Added a new Setting to set a Button for the Berry Preview.
- Added a new Setting to turn the Roaming Icons on or off.
CAN_QUICK_FLY and the setting that allowed to set a switch has been merged together, explanation is on the Settings file itself. This allows as well for other settings to be only turned on depending on a switch but that's clearly explained in the Settings.
If you have any questions or encounter any bugs, drop them in the discussion or hit me up in DM on either discord or here on Relic Castle.
I'm back already with another small update.
- Fixed an issue with NO_UNVISITED_MAP_INFO name replacement when the map isn't included in LINK_POI_TO_MAP. This would mean that the point replacement goes along the location name when the location has been visited.
- Fixed a crash when there are no highlight images defined for any locations in the Town_map.txt PBS file. It'll tell you in the Game's Console that there's no highlight image defined so you can add it. (This was reported by several people so it's an important bug fix.)
- Fixed an issue with the townmapgen tool so it doesn't add " 's anymore when loading in your points from the PBS.
Update v2.2 comes in a few weeks and will include
- Added Translation support so all text that would need to be translated can be translated and is used correctly by the plugin as well. (Check the essentials wiki on how to translate your game correctly (or ask me)).
Thanks again for supporting this plugin. Enjoy!
- Berry map with preview
- Roaming map
- and a suprise feature
Contact me if you encounter any issues or if you have any question, I'll be happy to help you :)
I know its a small update but the fix is pretty important.
- Fixed an issue with the highlight images positions not being correctly calculated by the script (reported by @sorryjzargo).
Keep an eye on these messages in the console. They might help you fix some errors you encounter.
- Added an error message in the pokedex script that tells you when there's no map metadata for a game map that you're opening the pokedex from. This will still crash the game but at least you'll know why.
- Added a warning message when there's no highlight image defined for a location.
- Added a warning message when there's no unvisited image defined for a location (for locations that have a fly location).
Just remember that the map_metadata is very important for your game, not only the town map so make sure you have it defined for every game map.
- The v20.1 and v21.1 plugin files have been merged. Once having the download extracted and opened, you should see this:
The only difference is here the Plugins folder being the same for both versions.
- Copy the Plugins folder into your game's root folder and replace when asked.
- For the Graphics folder, open the "Graphics (v20.1-v20.1) folder and open the folder of the essentials version you're using.
- Then copy the Graphics folder into your game's root folder but be careful when replacing the files so you don't loose your own Images for this plugin (make a back up first).
The overal installation process stays the same.
If you have trouble installing, you may always ask me.
- Reworked the way the Highlight, Unvisited and Fly Icon Images are drawn on the Region Map Completely.
- The Button Preview Text now changes after a certain amount of time to each time show one of the available Actions for the current position on the Region Map
- Added compability with FL's Set the Controls Screen which makes the plugin show the actual key button that needs to be pressed for an Action instead of the in game key you set in the Settings. (This doesn't change anything for the button set-up for each setting in 000_RegionMap_Settings.rb.
- Added Info log messages that'll show in the console when an Image is not found. I'll expand this by time to help you out and to prevent issues :)
(in the video, FL's Set the Controls Screen is installed and used.)
(I'm aware of the issue that sometimes the text in the Button Preview is too big. Having the Button Preview on any position except the top left fixes this in most cases.)
The Button Preview Box Image comes in 2 variants now: A small one (used in the video) and a slightly bigger one. Rename the one you want to use to mapButtonBox.png and remove the other.
- Fixed an issue with the Region Map centering wrong so the map gets moved too much over it's actual limit.
- Fixed the version number required for the Lin's Weather System Plugin in the meta file.
- Fixed the path used for the Weather Icons.
Next Update Features:
- Added a new Setting which allows you to link a Point of Interest to a Game Map (the ID). This has only effect if you use the NO_UNVISITED_MAP_INFO setting. This way the Point of Interest Text isn't revealed when the linked map hasn't been visited yet.
- Added a new Setting to change the amount of time that needs to pass before the Button Text changes.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Best wishes to you all. May luck strike you in 2024! (
The luck this update doesn't crash your game and brain)
I shall now start with the biggest update log since the start of 2024! Are you ready? Inhales
Installating this update:
PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY AS IT CAN CAUSE ISSUES IF YOU INSTALL THIS UPDATE WRONG!
You may skip this step if you haven't edited any graphic files used by this plugin.
You may skip this step if this is your first time installing this plugin or if you haven't changed anything in this file yet.
- Make a back up of all files and folders in:
- Graphics/Pictures/RegionMap/UI (v20.1)
- Graphics/UI/Town Map/UI (v21.1)
(Copy the files to a safe location on your Computer.)
- Make a back up of the 001_RegionMap_Settings.rb file in Plugins/Arcky's Region Map.
Don't copy the entire Graphics folder because I've only changed files in the UI folder, everything else should remain as it currently is (unless you haven't installed this plugin before. If that's the case copy the entire Graphics folder and replace if asked).
- Delete all files in
- Graphics/Pictures/RegionMap/UI (v20.1).
- Graphics/UI/Town Map/UI (v21.1).
- Plugins/Arcky's Region Map.
- Go to the downloaded Zip file of this plugin and copy the Plugins folder into your Project's Plugin folder.
If it asks to replace files, you might not have finished the above steps.
- Go to the downloaded Zip file again and go to:
- Graphics/Pictures/RegionMap/UI (v20.1)
- Graphics/UI/Town Map/UI (v21.1)
- Copy the 2 folders you'll find in there into your Project's
- Graphic/Pictures/RegionMap/UI folder (v20.1)
- Graphic/UI/Town Map/UI folder (v21.1)
In the downloaded Zip file's Graphics folder of this plugin, you might have noticed a second folder "Icons".
Copy the content to Your project's Graphics/Icons folder (this should be the same for both essentials versions).
The other file 001_RegionMap_LocationInfo.rb is used for the new feature coming with this update. I've provided a complete guide within this file and explained everything in this update log as well (I know it's terribly long).
- Now to make the plugin use your graphics again that you back up'd earlier, check the Improvements and changes list below where I list all changes in image names made. Rename your images to the new names and replace the images now existing in your project with your newly named images 1 by 1.
- For your Settings 001_RegionMap_Settings.rb file, I've added a ton of new settings and moved some to orginize it a bit more. Copy your setting values over into the new settings file which is now renamed to 000_RegionMap_Settings.rb and located in Plugins/Arcky's Region Map/000_Settings_and_Setup.
(further explanation is in the Settings file and on the overview page of this recource).
improvements and changes:
- Detailed Location Preview.
- Region Map Switching with Menu.
- Possibility to Change the UI for each Region or for some Regions.
- Possibility to Change the Max number of Choices being shown at the same time. (Most likely used for Quick Fly).
It might be most interesting to install this plugin as a fresh install as I've moved a lot of Graphics in the Plugin's Graphic folder (Graphics\Pictures\RegionMap for v20.1 and Graphics\UI\Town Map for v21.1).
But before you do that make a back up of the current folder.
Here are the changes I've made:
You'll see that aside from the Default Folder, there's also a folder name "Region1". This is only used for Region1. Default is used for all Regions that don't have a specific Folder.
- Renamed mapBackGround.png to mapBackground.png
- Renamed mapButtonPreview.png to mapButtonBox.png
- QuestPreview2.png to QuestBox2.png
- QuestPreview3.png to QuestBox3.png
- QuestPreview4.png to QuestBox4.png
- Created a new Folder named "Default" and moved all UI elements in there.
- Created a new Folder named LocationPreview and moved all LocationBox.png's in there (new graphics with this update).
- Created a new Folder named QuestPreview and moved all QuestBox.png's in there.
- Created a new Folder named WeatherPreview and moved the WeatherBox.png in there (new graphic with this update).
Now if you think that was a lot already, I'll now list all the new settings I've added, it are not that many (only 50). Here we go! Inhales again
- Fixed an issue with the Button to change the Map Mode not being applied by the Script.
- Fixed an issue with the quest Icons and system not properly working when opening the map from another Region.
- Fixed an issue with Quick Fly crashing the game on a Region Map that has no Fly Locations.
- Fixed an issue with being able to change Region on the Fly Map (used from the Field Move).
- Fixed an issue with Quick Fly showing twice on the Fly Map.
- Fixed an issue with the Button Text showing on the Wall Map.
That's all for this update log, enjoy =)
- Added 2 new Settings (BUTTON_BOX_TEXT_OFFSET_X and BUTTON_BOX_TEXT_OFFSET_Y) to change the X and Y positions of the Text in the Button Box.
- Added 2 new Settings (BUTTON_BOX_TEXT_MAIN and BUTTON_BOX_TEXT_SHADOW) to change the Color of the Text in the Button Box.
- Added 2 new Settings (REGION_TEXT_MAIN and REGION_TEXT_SHADOW) to change the Color of the Region and District Text.
- Added 2 new Setting (LOCATION_TEXT_MAIN and LOCATION_TEXT_SHADOW) to change the Color of the Location Text.
- Added 2 new Settings (POI_TEXT_MAIN and POI_TEXT_SHADOW) to change the Color of the Poin of Interest Text.
- Added 2 new Settings (MODE_TEXT_MAIN and MODE_TEXT_SHADOW) to change the Color of the Mode Text.
- Added a new Setting (CHANGE_UI_ON_REGION) to choose if you want the UI to change for a specific Region (Detailed explanation in the settings file itself.)
- Added a new Setting (MAX_OPTIONS_CHOICE_MENU) to change how many choices should be shown at the same time when for example using the Quick Fly feature.
- Added a new Setting (PREVIEW_LINE_HEIGHT) to change the line height for the Text in Previews (Location and Quest Preview).
- Added a new Setting (USE_LOCATION_PREVIEW) to enable or disable the Location Preview feature.
- Added a new Setting (SHOW_LOCATION_BUTTON) to change the button to activate the location preview for a location.
- Added a new Setting (CAN_VIEW_INFO_UNVISITED_MAPS) to enable or disable if you want to be able to view a preview box with the Text set in the Setting below.
- Added a new Setting (UNVISITED_MAP_INFO_TEXT) to set the Message text when the Setting Above is Enabled.
- Added a new Setting (MAX_DESCRIPTION_LINES) to change the max number of lines the Location Description Text may take on the Preview Box.
- Added 2 new Settings (DESCRIPTION_TEXT_OFFSET_X and DESCRIPTION_TEXT_OFFSET_Y) to change the X and Y positions of the Description Text.
- Added 2 new Settings (DESCRIPTION_TEXT_MAIN and DESCRIPTION_TEXT_SHADOW) to change the Color of the Description Text.
- Added a new Setting (CENTER_DESCRIPTION_TEXT) to choose if the Description Text should be horizontally Centered (true) or not (false).
- Added a new Setting (MAX_ICON_HEIGHT) to set the Max Height a Location MinMap Icon can be.
- Added 2 new Settigns (ICON_OFFSET_X and ICON_OFFSET_Y) to change the X and Y position of the Icon.
- Added a new Setting (CENTER_ICON) to enable to disable if the Icon should be centered Vertically (true) (if the Height of the Description Text is bigger than the Icon's Height) or not (false).
- Added a new Setting (DIRECTION_HEIGHT_SPACING) to change the distance between the Description Text and the Direction Text.
- Added a new Setting (DRAW_DASH_IMAGES) to enable or disable if there should be a dash line (true) between the Description Text and Direction Text of the Location Preview or not (false).
- Added a new Setting (DASH_OFFSET_X and DASH_OFFSET_Y) to change the X and Y Position of the Dash line.
- Added a new Setting (MAX_DIRECTION_LINES) to change the max number of lines the Location Direction Text may take on the Preview Box.
- Added 2 new Settings (DIRECTION_TEXT_OFFSET_X and DIRCTION_TEXT_OFFSET_Y) to change the X and Y positions of the Direction Text.
- Added 2 new Settings (DIRECTION_TEXT_MAIN and DIRECTION_TEXT_SHADOW) to change the Color of the Direction Text.
- Added a new Setting (LOCATION_DIRECTION_SPACES) to change the amount of spaces there are between each Direction.
- Added a new Setting (USE_WEATHER_PREVIEW) to enable or disable a small box showing the Weather on a location. (Requires Lin's Weather System)
- Added a new Setting (WEATHER_ON_LOCATION_PREVIEW_ACTIVE) to enable or disable if the Weather Box should only show when the Location Preview is Active (Normal Map only).
- Added a new Setting (WEATHER_ON_MODES) to choose on which modes the Weather Preview should be shown
- Normal Map either always or only when Location Preview is active
- All the other modes always or never).
- Added 2 new Settings (QUEST_NAME_OFFSET_X and QUEST_NAME_OFFSET_Y) to change the X and Y Position of the Quest Name Text.
- Added 2 new Settings (QUEST_TEXT_MAIN and QUEST_TEXT_SHADOW) to change the Color of the Quest Name Text.
- Added 2 new Settings (QUEST_INFO_OFFSET_X and QUEST_INFO_OFFSET_Y) to change the X and Y Position of the Quest Task and Quest Location Text.
- Added 2 new Settings (QUEST_INFO_MAIN and QUEST_INFO_SHADOW) to change the Color of the Quest Task and the Quest Location Text.
I know it's a small update but it does fix some important issues that might be frustrating.
- fixed a typo in the 002_RegionMap_Main.rb script that would cause a crash
- fixed a crash when pressing USE on the "Normal Map"
Make sure you always update to the latest version of the plugin before reporting an issue. Thanks and enjoy :)
(v1.5 coming really soon with an amazing new feature)
- Fixed a bug when the Region Map Height is bigger than the UI Height but not the Width that you can't scroll the Region Map in the Pokedex.
- Fixed a bug when the Region Map is smaller than the UI you can still strigger the scrolling.
- Fixed a bug when the Setting to expand the Region Map behind the UI is set to True, you can trigger the scrolling when the Region Map is still smaller than the Screen Size in this case.
- Fixed a bug with the Region Map not properly Centering based on the Player's Position on the Region Map and Pokedex.
- Added Support so that the Plugin works with any Screen Size you had set for your game. The text and Graphics will automatically adjust their position. Except for the UI image.
Remember to always install and try the latest version of the plugin before reporting an issue :)
- Added a new Setting where you can have the Region Map expand behind the UI, but the Cursor is still limited inside the UI area meant for the Region Map.
- Added a new Setting where you can choose for which Region Maps you want the player's Icon being displayed on the Region Map.
- Added a new Setting where you can have the Cursor being centered on the Region map when openened from a Game Map that has no Map Position Defined.
- When changing Quests on a same location, the boxes will now changes more smoothly.
- Fixed an issue when opening the Region Map from a Game Map that has no Town Map Location defined in the town_map.txt PBS. This is fixed for the quest map as well.
- Fixed an issue when viewing the Area of a Species from a Game Map that has no Town Map Location defined in the town_map.txt PBS.
Attention: This update comes with new graphics for the Quest Preview so make sure to replace them with the new ones.
- Added a new setting to set the max number of lines the Quest Preview can show. (This will need a custom Graphic if you set this to 5 or higher.
- Added a new settings to change the X and Y value for the
- Region Name
- Location Name
- POI Name (Point of Interest)
- Mode Name (this won't have effect for the Quest Preview's Information.)
- Added a new setting to change the color for:
- Region, Location, POI, Mode and Quest Name.
- Button and Quest Information.