Can you manage your way through the perils of playing with tiny little colored squares?
This is the Pixel Slam Jam! Relic Castle's pixel contest that happens... whenever!
Pixel Slam Jam Season 4 Trial I: Glitz and Gore!
Event dates: October 2nd to October 9th, 2021
Welcome to the most haunting Pixel Slam Jam yet... imagine the cutest Pokémon you can, but get it all spooked up for Halloween!
Awww, this Cubone is an adorable killer! Is its nickname Jason?
The Pixel Slam Jam is a friendly competitive event where participants create pixel art based on a theme. Submissions can be spliced sprites or scratch work, and do not have to fit the standards/limitations of Essentials or RMXP. If you have made something prior that happens to fit the current theme please do not submit it here; our goal with this event is to provide a fun exercise for our members. There is a special time window where submissions are accepted, and when that ends the judges take a short time after to collectively decide who to award and write up any critiques.
- Show us an adorable Pokémon! And make sure you spook them up, as October is Halloween month!
- While "gore" is in the title, keep it PG-13 please!
- Post your pixel creation in this thread, and include your design thoughts with it!
- Mention in your post if you'd like to receive critique during the Award Round.
- Check back here after the conclusion to see who earned themselves a Pixel Slam Jam Badge!
- No submitting anything that was completed prior to the event.
- The limitations of game engines don't apply here! Use any size, shape, perspective and style you want so long as it's Pixel Art.
- Do not critique in this thread. Got questions or comments? Post in the Pixel Slam Jam Discussion thread.
- One entry per person and one person per entry.
Is this Pixel Slam Jam not for you? Check out some of these links:
- Make a Fakemon Game where everyone takes turns editing a sprite to completion. Always open!
- Post ideas and feedback for Pixel Slam Jams in the Discussion Thread!
- Looking for the mapping competition? The Iron Mapper will return soon for Trial 2!
- Have other feedback or ideas about Relic Castles events? Shoot me a DM, use the Contact Form, or let us know in our Questions & Feedback Thread!