An Important Announcement: Relic Reboot
Screenshot Showcase - Map Showcase - Project Sandbox
Progressing Projects - Project Showcase

Map Showcase
[Image: 24mzz9j.png]

Alright new map, its known as Star Town, its called that cause the gym leaders uses Cosmic type (new type boi)
[Image: 2duvy4o.png]
(01-10-2017, 05:12 AM)Jampie Wrote: Alright new map, its known as Star Town, its called that cause the gym leaders uses Cosmic type (new type boi)

My only comment map-wise is that there appears to be a ledge on the right that's kinda pointless since there's a gap that the player can walk through. Just feels a bit odd.

Other than that, it's spelled "Jim" and not "Gim". Wink
Proverbs 3:5
(01-10-2017, 08:35 AM)SpartaLazor Wrote:
(01-10-2017, 05:12 AM)Jampie Wrote: Alright new map, its known as Star Town, its called that cause the gym leaders uses Cosmic type (new type boi)

My only comment map-wise is that there appears to be a ledge on the right that's kinda pointless since there's a gap that the player can walk through. Just feels a bit odd.

Other than that, it's spelled "Jim" and not "Gim". Wink

Yeah, it just felt empty so I put it there, also the Gim/Jim situation, the essentials came with that and I assumed that the mean't gym, I need to edit it.
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a bit of feedback on a few of my maps. I'll try and post a new one every week and a little synopsis to go with it.

First Map:
[Image: kPh_p_mcKbGPOzmbt5sthoD9LFAxheBt4ZUxpuCP...TFfAbV77Hg]

This map is a quite town, called Lyra Valley. It is optional in the story, but you will be rewarded if you go as there are many items to obtain. The mart is shut as there are open markets to buy from and the Pokemon Centre has a special surprise.

If there are any comments, feel free to make them.

Thanks.
[-] The following 2 users Like Djaco75's post:
  • MasterBallz, TechSkylander1518
The map is neat. If there's anything to be revised, I'd really like to see the cliff of the town border to be less square and shows more dynamic. Also how are we supposed to access the open market? I don't see any opening to the market.
Hey, sorry I didn't make it clear.

The salesperson will sell you the goods. I shouldn't have said open market as it would confuse people.
Hey guys, I'm here today with something a bit different than usual! In case you haven't seen yet, I'm starting up an indie game project due to the fact that Nintendo has been shutting down so many Pokemon Fangames. I was inspired by Undertale to try an indie game and started getting ideas for a plot and everything, so now I've spent the past few weeks working on the game. Anyway, to get to the point, I've been trying to create my own custom tileset, but feel like I'm failing miserably... So I tried toning it down a bit and going for a more 8-bit style, and I think it looks decent, but I'm still not too sure about them. So, here is a quick map I threw together to show off the (terrible) tiles. If I could have some feedback on the tiles (not the map), that would be extremely helpful! Thanks in advance!

[Image: ZQPZsUz.png]

(I haven't made too many tiles yet, but more will come if I decide this is the way I'll go.)
[Image: 9MShJHn.png]
^ Click to go to Pokemon Aura's thread! ^

[-] The following 1 user Likes Fakemon123's post:
  • tomix9tomix
(01-16-2017, 07:43 PM)Fakemon123 Wrote: -Snee Snaw Snippy, snippy snippy snippy-

Very cool and I fully support the idea of moving away from pokemon, it means your project is 100% yours and nintendo won't be taking it down. But onto the tiles...

The grass and flowers look very nice but I feel it is a different style than the trees. I find the trees look quite jarring compared to everything else and I think their shape and outline is to blame for that, although I think the stump is find with the dark outline because it deserves more attention.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tomix9tomix's post:
  • Fakemon123
@Fakemon123

Most of it looks very nice, the only problem is the trees, they need some adjusting.

But I really like the grass tile and path, its the patterns which I like the most.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jampie's post:
  • Fakemon123
(01-16-2017, 11:28 PM)Jampie Wrote: @Fakemon123

Most of it looks very nice, the only problem is the trees, they need some adjusting.

But I really like the grass tile and path, its the patterns which I like the most.

Haha, I figured the trees would be the problem, they do look very odd/out of place, is it the outline or the shading or the pattern on the leaves, or something that I am completely missing?

(01-16-2017, 08:51 PM)tomix9tomix Wrote:
(01-16-2017, 07:43 PM)Fakemon123 Wrote: -Snee Snaw Snippy, snippy snippy snippy-

Very cool and I fully support the idea of moving away from pokemon, it means your project is 100% yours and nintendo won't be taking it down. But onto the tiles...

The grass and flowers look very nice but I feel it is a different style than the trees. I find the trees look quite jarring compared to everything else and I think their shape and outline is to blame for that, although I think the stump is find with the dark outline because it deserves more attention.

Thank you for the feedback! I'll try redoing the trees, hopefully I can  come up with something better.
[Image: 9MShJHn.png]
^ Click to go to Pokemon Aura's thread! ^