An Important Announcement: Relic Reboot
Screenshot Showcase - Map Showcase - Project Sandbox
Progressing Projects - Project Showcase

Relic Game Jam #2: Discussion
(06-30-2016, 08:46 PM)Epic Wrote: I'm not working on a jam project this year but I'm pretty experienced with RMXP so if you need help with eventing, mapping or anything like that, I'd be happy to help! Good luck and have fun with all your guy's projects Smile

Dood I've been looking for an eventer for my Jam, but it seems everyone got taken. Mind helping me, you already know I'm mapping :b.
[Image: 0WtXm9X.png]
:3 I can't wait. Moving at the moment, but I can't wait for you all to see what my mind's been working on. Good luck to everyone who's making a game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DJTiki's post:
  • Aki
(06-30-2016, 04:48 AM)Platinum Cyndaquil Wrote: Oh, sure. You can discuss anything you want as long as it's not something you find in a game file!

Ooh, yay! Then I found something nobody else has mentioned yet! : D
In addition to the NO EVOLUTIONS (or NO EVOLUPTIONS counting Pokémon), your more recent post contained an image. That image said, in off-black writing on a black background (requiring editing to become visible)...
"Welcome to the Seiko region, the island above Tohjo!"
Below that was an encrypted message (Caesar cipher, shifted 23 letters) that said "WHERE TIME STANDS STILL"
"WHERE TIME STANDS STILL" and "NO EVOLUTIONS" may well be related, and even if not, both are obviously important because they were encoded. I am utterly intrigued!! : D

And regarding the possibility of a project of my own, still no word on getting my computer fixed. But at least I know everything on it was backed up, so it's more a matter of time than a question: I will certainly have everything I need to jump back into fangame making, including all of my own resources and RMXP itself (won't need to repurchase it or anything), so I hope that's soon enough that I can make an entry!
(06-30-2016, 07:19 PM)Aki Wrote: I'm waaaaaaaay too excited for the game jam, I've already got my opening hub all set up  Big Grin
[Image: OZ3qBBi.gif]
This time I'm going to find out how well I can create tense atmospheres...but even if the stories end up being silly or just kinda lame instead of scary, that's normal for a story told by some kids around a bonfire right?

I feel like having the character named "Cupcake" removes a lot of the tenseness of the situation Wink
[Image: 6Sbezmu.png?1]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shgeldz's post:
  • Domiok
(06-30-2016, 11:54 PM)Hematite Wrote:
(06-30-2016, 04:48 AM)Platinum Cyndaquil Wrote: Oh, sure. You can discuss anything you want as long as it's not something you find in a game file!

Ooh, yay! Then I found something nobody else has mentioned yet! : D
In addition to the NO EVOLUTIONS (or NO EVOLUPTIONS counting Pokémon), your more recent post contained an image. That image said, in off-black writing on a black background (requiring editing to become visible)...
"Welcome to the Seiko region, the island above Tohjo!"
Below that was an encrypted message (Caesar cipher, shifted 23 letters) that said "WHERE TIME STANDS STILL"
"WHERE TIME STANDS STILL" and "NO EVOLUTIONS" may well be related, and even if not, both are obviously important because they were encoded. I am utterly intrigued!! : D

Oh, so it was a Caesar cipher? I was trying to decode it myself but the ciphers I was using weren't working. Oh well.

Looking at others progress right now, I'm beginning to think that my game may not be ready by the deadline, but eh. I'll keep trying.
Master of none
[Image: 0AIU3SZ.png]
(07-01-2016, 10:00 AM)Shgeldz Wrote: I feel like having the character named "Cupcake" removes a lot of the tenseness of the situation Wink

Well I don't want to spook myself! Surprised
Hahaha I allways use the name Cupcake when I'm testing, my brain will casually gloss over "Aki" or "\PN" in the text...but Cupcakes catch my attention   Tongue
Also it's just like equal parts fun/cute to imagine every single character addressing the player by a cutesy nickname??
[Image: u8xRtYU.gif]  [Image: 7hJzmPy.png]  [Image: LiQTRi1.gif]
↓ Sometimes I try writing tutorials ↓
Animating Sprites, Requests, Tilesets, Aesthetics
What Does my Game Need?

[-] The following 3 users Like Aki's post:
  • Fontbane, Hoaxness, Shgeldz
^Cupcake IS an amazing name Big Grin
The Almighty PC giveth and taketh away
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoaxness's post:
  • Aki
Geeze, seems like I'll be the only one making a non-Pokemon game >.<
I make FREE Sprite Commissions*
If you're interested, PM me!
*Some quantity limitations may apply.
(07-01-2016, 11:11 AM)Aki Wrote:
(07-01-2016, 10:00 AM)Shgeldz Wrote: I feel like having the character named "Cupcake" removes a lot of the tenseness of the situation Wink

Well I don't want to spook myself! Surprised
Hahaha I allways use the name Cupcake when I'm testing, my brain will casually gloss over "Aki" or "\PN" in the text...but Cupcakes catch my attention   Tongue
Also it's just like equal parts fun/cute to imagine every single character addressing the player by a cutesy nickname??

I prefer AAAAAAA but that works too
Tongue
[Image: 55YTTrh.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fontbane's post:
  • Aki
Well... I'm breaking my rule of not talking about my game until it's finished, but I figure a little teaser wouldn't hurt. The following three images really set the tone of the game.

[Image: PyrLbeA.png][Image: XD0omai.png][Image: HVVA7V7.png]

Pardon the rather bland background. It ain't quite finished yet.
Proverbs 3:5
[-] The following 5 users Like SpartaLazor's post:
  • Aki, Fontbane, Hukon, PurpleZaffre, Speelunky