Progressing Projects - Project Showcase

Relic Game Jam #2: Discussion
[Image: nJpOkQS.png]
It's time to jam....again!
RELIC GAME JAM #2 has begun!
JUNE 30TH - AUGUST 10TH

Overview Thread - Recruitment Thread

Relic Game Jam #2

Welcome to the second Relic Castle Game Jam!

For the uninformed: a game jam is an event where developers will get together and make a game. (Usually on a much smaller scale.) It sounds simple at first glance, but making a good game is much more difficult and time-consuming than you might think. But that just adds to the challenge of it.

Last year we had a very successful first game jam! We were very surprised and impressed at the quality of the games submitted, and just how many there was! We had eleven entries with four of those games earning the Spotlight Award. You can view all the entries here, and all the Spotlight Winners here.

This year we're going to follow the same formula as last year with some small differences. Why change what isn't broken? The most noticeable change is that we've decided to use an entire forum for the game jam instead of one thread. This should help keep things more organized for everyone.

We have a larger amount of users around this year and some new, creative developers. We're very excited to see what everyone will be able to achieve. Good luck to all participants!

You can find more information on the Overview Thread.

Discussion Thread

Welcome to the Relic Game Jam #2 discussion thread! Here you can discuss the game jam, show progress off on your entry, get hyped about other entries, and all that good stuff! If you're looking to recruit, try the Relic Game Jam #2 recruitment thread! Otherwise, have at it!
[Image: 6KVlWOs.png]
Check out my public resources!
Custom Day & Night Tones - Gen 2 Overworld Pack
[-] The following 3 users Like Deo's post:
  • Dawn Bronze, Fontbane, plutokrasi
Yay, it's finally happening! I'm really excited to see everybody's entries, and hopefully you'll all be seeing something for me this year! This is going to be really fun, good luck with your projects everyone! Big Grin
[Image: 7jayddj.png]
[-] The following 6 users Like Dawn Bronze's post:
  • Aki, Deo, Fontbane, Kiedisticelixer, PurpleZaffre, Speelunky
[Image: tumblr_static_tcn-header.gif]

(None of Our entries are allowed to use the color green, as green is not a creative color.)

i'm rEally hyped to see what eVeryone does with this! shOrter games tend to have much denser pLots and more gimmick-based gameplay. the short time period also means yoU can't stay within the bounds of a normal 8-gym Pokémon game (or can you?). i'm inTerested to see what people can do wIth this pOtential! i hope everyoNe participateS!
Tongue
[Image: 55YTTrh.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Fontbane's post:
  • Involuntary Twitch, lilbluedemon
The Jam has been on my mind for awhile now, and I have been struggling to find what I wanted to do. Now I think I've found something, and have a clear vision of what I want to accomplish with it. I'm going to focus less on making everything logical, and shoving down too much narrative as I don't like explaining everything, and instead focus on making a fun game.
[Image: 0WtXm9X.png]
Meh. Truth be told, I'm just gonna wing it.
Proverbs 3:5
Yes !
I'm torn which will be coolest, making a game ... or playing everyone's games !
[-] The following 3 users Like Handsome Goblin's post:
  • Kiedisticelixer, lilbluedemon, Speelunky
So, are there any rules about what kind of entry?
Like, Game Themes, or such.

Or, does it just have to be a small game, with a certain amount of play time?
[Image: new_mart_by_lilbluedemon-dapy9vd.png]
Soon...
(06-23-2016, 03:28 AM)lilbluedemon Wrote: So, are there any rules about what kind of entry?
Like, Game Themes, or such.

Or, does it just have to be a small game, with a certain amount of play time?

According to previous entries... Anything goes! Let me quote!
Quote:Summary
  • Open theme/no theme requirements.
  • Doesn't have to a Pokémon game or be made with RPG Maker XP.
  • Group entries are allowed, with a maximum of 4 participants per group.
  • Graphical resources created for the entry must be included with submission post and be available for public use.
  • List of credits must be included with submission post and bundled with the game in a text file. (credits.txt)
  • Submitting an entry means Relic Castle can promote it via social media and create a game badge for your entry should it win the spotlight.

So it can be any kind of game, any length... If you want to win, you might want to make a good game! Heh! And that means whatever you want it to! Is it of a medium-length like Pokémon Marigold? Is it extremely full of memes? Does it have the most original plot ever, like Pokémon Jeff? You go and make the best game you can with the time we provide you!
[-] The following 3 users Like Kiedisticelixer's post:
  • Aki, Domiok, lilbluedemon
Fantastic, I'm excited to see the Game Jam make a return. Participating in it last year was a fun and rewarding experience, and I can't wait to see what kinds of new creations will get made for it this year!
[Image: secret%20screen6_zpsvjyidqrl.png]
The Secret of Cinnabar Mansion
Made for the Relic Castle 2015 Game Jam

Pokemon Uranium | Fakemon Design Blog
[-] The following 1 user Likes Involuntary Twitch's post:
  • Speelunky
This sounds like an awesome way to get back into the community! I feel like I haven't been nearly as active lately as I'd like to be, and so I'll just have to win and show everyone how cool I am... you all better get your game on!
[-] The following 2 users Like CarrEternal's post:
  • Aki, Speelunky