Demo Pokémon Shadowstone

[Image: vKSdHM1.png]
Current Release: Beta 1.1
Hi, welcome to the Shadowstone thread. If you like getting straight to the point, click here to download the game! It's currently 4 gyms long, with 4 small sidequests. However, if you want a more interesting experience, I'd recommend waiting for Beta 1.2, which adds a lot of things that I forgot about or couldn't figure out how to implement in the original release. Beta 1.2 should release sometime next month.

Introduction
Pokémon Shadowstone was a game I thought of in 2010 with the help of a few friends. This is the second major attempt to make the game, as the first time we learned that idiotic 11-year-olds are not really cut out for game design. Six years later, here we are, and we've made more progress in three months than we did in two years of work on the first iteration. This game uses RMXP and Pokémon Essentials.

Story
It's not your birthday, but regardless of that today is the day you'll be receiving your first Pokémon from a recently set up Professor in a nearby town. Unbeknownst to you, the diabolical Team Chimera also has plans with the Professor, as he's developed a machine that could be very useful to them...

Through the brand new Jelra region, you chase down Team Chimera and their numerous hostages, but numerous trials await you. They control one of the biggest companies in the Pokémon world, Veloce Inc, and their admins will stop at nothing to impress their boss by smiting you. Your rivals, who start off as mere friends on a journey, soon become disillusioned, and may begin to question the morality of your choices. You learn of an ancient prophecy, one that predicts your fate, but you continue to believe that you can change your future. You can tear down Team Chimera from the inside or the outside, destroy the Delta Machine or harness its power to create the ultimate Pokémon! How will your story end?

Features
Delta Pokémon! 
every obtainable Pokémon* has a brand new Delta Form, complete with a shiny new alt-color sprite, a brand new typing and altered moveset. Use the Delta Machine to convert a Pokémon to its other form!
* eventually. We're working on it.

Chaos and Reputation
This is not just a story about you, it's a story about your actions. Shape your own fate - your decisions will culminate in one of two custom legendary Pokémon, varying reactions from friends and allies, and several very different endings.

Fewer HMs!
HMs are incredibly annoying, so we've left out all but the good ones. And also Rock Smash for some reason ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Remapable Controls!
For the tiny percentage of players who aren't used to arrow keys.

Sidequest System
There's much to do in the Jelra Region! Speak to NPCs to get interesting new sidequests, then review them using the new Quest Log!

Three regions!
Not only will the new Jelra region make an appearance - evil stirs in Hoenn and Sinnoh as well, and as such you will be able to explore these lands! This story takes place a decade after R/S/E/OR/AS. 

Extensive postgame!
Evil will not die, even after the fall of Team Chimera. A new beast stirs from the ashes, and two diverging post-game storylines await you!

Character Customization!
Shadowstone Beta 1.2 (coming soon) features several obtainable outfits than can be swapped at will. In even later editions of the game (ie, Beta 2), full on character customization should be available.

Mystery Gift!
Shadowstone Beta 1.2 (coming soon) features several exclusive Delta Pokémon that we will be distributing via the Mystery Gift system.

more features on the way

Screenshots
[Image: EDgPumh.png][Image: FDtxF0Q.png][Image: uOLg5Se.png][Image: Ps6Isi7.png][Image: CHLYYXn.png][Image: UMgCpfM.png][Image: c50QDId.png][Image: HAzJhNM.png][Image: 12zE33v.png][Image: LuFxrIb.png][Image: IaNUC72.png][Image: WP9tMRA.png][Image: lsql51x.png][Image: oYp0rqT.png][Image: 4FG5xpq.png][Image: R3x5GtN.png][Image: w6UFWDM.png][Image: WTUw3Sh.png]

Team & Credits
Rainbow - Project Leader, Mapper, Scripter, Temporary Artist
BlackMathgic - Character & Pokémon Design
Candy - Delta Pokémon Sprites
Cyan Orange - Delta Pokémon Moveset Design

Maruno - Essentials
Peter O. - Essentials
Flameguru - Essentials
Kyle-Dove - Tiles
Sagaxxy - Tiles
Omega - Tiles
Wesley FG - Tiles
mej71 - Gen 6 Project
Pockecheck.org - Sprites
Luka S.J. - Sprites
dragonnite - Sprites
Tebited15 - Sprites
Eli - Battle Backgrounds
Luka S.J. - Custom UI & Scripts
BadSamaritan - Sound Effects
N-Kin - Sprites
Branflakes325 - Sprites

Thanks for reading, everyone! This game is still very much in development so we'd appreciate any support or tips you guys could give.
[-] The following 4 users Like Rainbow's post:
  • Atomic Reactor, MasterBallz, Raspberry, Tlcwolf
This is interesting! Three regions, even. Sinnoh and Hoenn are some of my favorites, so that's a really neat feature. Can't wait for the demo!
I don't have much to say but the game looks really promising and interesting. Okay you might be too ambitious with having 3 regions. Completion of one region is already a lot of work but 3? I think you should focus on the jelra region first then consider the other ones in the future especially if you're the only mapper. My gripe with the delta pokemon that they're' just recoloured sprites of existing pokemon instead of setting them apart from the orginal ones but that just may be from playing insurgence soo much but other than that this game has a lot of potential.
This is an amazing game so far. I can't wait to see what else you do with it <3
The story is interesting and I enjoyed the Mystery Dungeon pictures when you pick your starter.
(06-12-2016, 02:54 PM)Raspberry Wrote: This is interesting! Three regions, even. Sinnoh and Hoenn are some of my favorites, so that's a really neat feature. Can't wait for the demo!
(06-12-2016, 09:13 PM)Tlcwolf Wrote: This is an amazing game so far. I can't wait to see what else you do with it <3
The story is interesting and I enjoyed the Mystery Dungeon pictures when you pick your starter.
Thanks both of you Smile

(06-12-2016, 05:49 PM)Dragonscud Wrote: I don't have much to say but the game looks really promising and interesting. Okay you might be too ambitious with having 3 regions. Completion of one region is already a lot of work but 3? I think you should focus on the jelra region first then consider the other ones in the future especially if you're the only mapper. My gripe with the delta pokemon that they're' just recoloured sprites of existing pokemon instead of setting them apart from the orginal ones but that just may be from playing insurgence soo much but other than that this game has a lot of potential.
Well, Hoenn (with the exception of Mossdeep City) is only accessible after the Elite 4 so it's not something we're currently working on right now. As for Sinnoh, I'm not quite sure but probably not all of it will be accessible. Also, the Delta Pokémon aren't just recolored, they do have altered movesets, and some of them in the future will have custom sprites that aren't just straight recolors.
Thanks for the tips!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rainbow's post:
  • Tlcwolf
(06-12-2016, 11:29 AM)Rainbow Wrote: [Image: Ps6Isi7.png]

I have always wondered this. Do you actually address it?

So, I like the wit in some of those screenshots. I am such a nine year old, I know, I know.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dragonite's post:
  • Raspberry
(06-12-2016, 10:27 PM)Rainbow Wrote: Snip

I know they are not just  recolored but I was talking about the designs and sprites.  Tongue
OK, I just beat the first gym and two things bothered me:
-Pokemon Centers were kinda hard to find and I suggest you move them closer to the entrance of the towns in the next version.
-The first gym leader was super-easy. All I had to do was spam absorb and that was it. I suggest you put 4 more levels for both Pokemon and probably have super effective moves against the Delta starters.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Raspberry's post:
  • Rainbow
This game looks creative and neat. I've downloaded it and look forward to playing it later when I have time.
Okay, I just beat the second gym with only one Pokemon again... I want challenge!