Screenshot Showcase - Map Showcase - Project Sandbox
Progressing Projects - Project Showcase

Poll: Which starter will you choose
Bazileaf, the Grass-type Pokémon
Flaruff, the Fire-type Pokémon
Hildew, the Water-type Pokémon
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Work In Progress Pokémon Adamant
[Image: db_XE7ci.png]

Introduction:
Hi! I'm MadDeodorant, the guy with the dumbest name on Earth! Thank you Mom and Dad! Anyways, I'm here to tell you about an alpha project fan-game that I started working on about 11 months ago: Pokémon Adamant. Though it looks ridiculously innocent and just like many random projects, I've begun planning this thing so it can become the ultimate Pokémon fan-game. 
So, without further ado, I'll explain what Pokémon Adamant is all about.

Features (everything can be changed, these are just kind of goals to achieve, so it's not final):
-A whole new region to explore
-New Pokémon
-A whole new story
-New characters and environments
-Custom music
-4th and 5th gen-like graphics

- The Region (can be altered):
Pokémon Project -rc-'s main region is called Gaelahm (pronounced gaylémm) and the name is a combination of the irish word "gael", that means "scottish/irish man" in Irish, and "talamh", that means "land" in Irish. This new area is based off of Great-Britain and the respective environments of the region. Great-Britain and Ireland have a hostile climate and environment. The rocky and mossy landscapes and the wild sea weirdely give these islands one of the most comfy atmospheres to be in. But! So you don't waste more time, here's the region to Pokémon Adamant!

[Image: map_Region0.png]
(Map not finalized)

Plot:
In the Gaelamh region, people with many different ideals and ambitions live to fulfill their dreams. Some have quite dangerous ambitions, but most of them have simpler and more innocent ones. One day, though, a group of people started gathering to defend their ideal that Pokémon should be separated from people, since they hold great and rather dangerous power that can harm humans. They'll be going around the region speaking to the population of Gaelamh in order to convince them to join their cause. During your journey, you'll be meeting many people, including this bunch of interesting characters, and many new and different Pokémon to catch and train. Aim for the top and become the Gaelamh League Champion!

- The Starters (can be altered):
If this is going to be a game with Fakémon, then how about some new starter Pokémon?
(It is to be noticed that none of these designs is final)

[Image: DA_Starters.png]

Bazileaf, the Grass-type Pokémon
Flaruff, the Fire-type Pokémon
Hildew, the Water-type Pokémon

Which one will you choose?
The Protagonists:

Martin:
[Image: player_male.png]

Maria:
[Image: player_female.png]

Screenshots:

[Image: dOqB58X.png][Image: 5Uk4ZzD.png][Image: KJvNa4K.png][Image: OFhv0VD.png][Image: JHnJaHU.png][Image: ecyPnaD.png][Image: iX2Ooeq.png][Image: 9U59AYJ.png][Image: ni32qFz.png][Image: ogskIhl.png]

Download Link:
There's not a download available... YET!

Credits:
Maruno and Poccil for creating Pokémon Essentials, this amazing set of tools that let us create our own Pokémon stories.
Graphics:
- Kyledove (Kymotonian)
- Magiscarf
- Wesley FG
- trueform
- Zetavares
- Speed (Speedialga)
Have you ever heard of Pokémon Adamant? If not, you should!
[-] The following 9 users Like MadDeodorant's post:
  • AlphaTrainer_Ark, Dragonscud, Ewery1, Infinipede, joker1000, MasterBallz, Raonak, TheRollinSpheal, Zalvus
I'd recommend turning the picture around by 180 degrees.

Unless of course they climb around on walls.
(01-30-2015, 04:43 PM)baaabuu Wrote: I'd recommend turning the picture around by 180 degrees.

Unless of course they climb around on walls.

I know, I just made a mistake uploading them and am working on it.
It's being a pain in the ass so they'll all have learnt Rock Climb for living.
Have you ever think of a Fire bug starter name Buireg or Storug just think about it well I hope that help if anything i can help with drawing anything justt name what you want be draw i will draw it
Those starters are cute! And the region map looks pretty good too, but what's the story going to be?
[Image: u8xRtYU.gif]  [Image: 7hJzmPy.png]  [Image: LiQTRi1.gif]
↓ Sometimes I try writing tutorials ↓
Animating Sprites, Requests, Tilesets, Aesthetics
What Does my Game Need?

[-] The following 1 user Likes Aki's post:
  • TheRollinSpheal
(01-30-2015, 05:01 PM)JLJDragonman Wrote: Have you ever think of a Fire bug starter name Buireg or Storug just think about it well I hope that help if anything i can help with drawing anything justt name what you want be draw i will draw it

As I said, the region is based on the Baltic States or Great-Britain, so most of the Pokémon will be influenced by this.
Can you at least give me a brief description of that bug starter? (if you could sketch it, I'd thank you a lot).

(01-30-2015, 05:03 PM)Aki Wrote: Those starters are cute! And the region map looks pretty good too, but what's the story going to be?

Thank you for your feedback! The story is still going to be planned. I cannot tell you about it just because it doesn't exist yet. I need to gather a group of members so we can discuss it.

If you're all interested in joining in, just mention it!
Quote:Thank you for your feedback! The story is still going to be planned. I cannot tell you about it just because it doesn't exist yet. I need to gather a group of members so we can discuss it.

Blush Sorry, not me. I've still got a lot to do-and to learn-with my own project right now.
[Image: u8xRtYU.gif]  [Image: 7hJzmPy.png]  [Image: LiQTRi1.gif]
↓ Sometimes I try writing tutorials ↓
Animating Sprites, Requests, Tilesets, Aesthetics
What Does my Game Need?

(01-30-2015, 05:53 PM)Aki Wrote:
Quote:Thank you for your feedback! The story is still going to be planned. I cannot tell you about it just because it doesn't exist yet. I need to gather a group of members so we can discuss it.

Blush Sorry, not me. I've still got a lot to do-and to learn-with my own project right now.

No need to say sorry! I just want to thank you for the support and interest and I'm also looking forward to hear from your project soon.
I really like that map, I would make icons for the cities and towns though to replace the roman numerals. The starters are also cool, but your links are broken. If you're trying to look for a team, I wouldn't waste your time right now. It's pretty hard to find people that will commit to your project since it's not technically theirs. The best thing to do is learn how to do most of the things you need to do yourself. From the looks of things, you aren't too bad at drawing and spriting!
(01-30-2015, 09:27 PM)Atomic Reactor Wrote: I really like that map, I would make icons for the cities and towns though to replace the roman numerals. The starters are also cool, but your links are broken. If you're trying to look for a team, I wouldn't waste your time right now. It's pretty hard to find people that will commit to your project since it's not technically theirs. The best thing to do is learn how to do most of the things you need to do yourself. From the looks of things, you aren't too bad at drawing and spriting!

Thanks for the feedback! But what do you mean when you say "make icons for the cities and towns though to replace the Roman numerals"?
About everything else, I know it's hard to find people that commit to this, but my objective is not to have a group working on a project, the group's project. Plus, I don't want to rush things. I'm not saying I have to release this game soon, cause it will end up being bullcrap, just like Sonic Boom, for example.
Fun fact, though I'm a fine drawer (best in my arts class, actually), I found a lack of quality in spriting.
Thanks again for your feedback!