Screenshot Showcase - Map Showcase - Project Sandbox
Progressing Projects - Project Showcase

Demo Pokemon Obsidian Version
The starters and just like 2 or 3 other lines, there's way more official pokemon than fakemon if that's what you're worried about haha
I suppose I should post some updated material. Haven’t been working on Obsidian as much as I should be lately, but here’s a little update of stuff that’s been done since the demo release (sadly not much).
[Image: zwEsroA.png]

As you venture north from Route 8, after getting the 5th badge (end of most recent demo) you go through Ayre Passage, which is a slippery mountain and cave system, very frigid. You end up in Diamondpeak Town, which serves as more of a pit stop than an actual story progression. I've really enjoyed mapping these areas since I've never really had experience making winter themed maps surprisingly. Very fun!

Sorry I don't update this often, I juggle several hobbies at once, and this one has been on the back burner lately. Not that I've given up, just haven't been interested in working on it. I will try to make more time for it in the future! Don't worry, it's not dead!
(02-10-2015, 05:36 PM)Atomic Reactor Wrote: I suppose I should post some updated material. Haven’t been working on Obsidian as much as I should be lately, but here’s a little update of stuff that’s been done since the demo release (sadly not much).
[Image: zwEsroA.png]

As you venture north from Route 8, after getting the 5th badge (end of most recent demo) you go through Ayre Passage, which is a slippery mountain and cave system, very frigid. You end up in Diamondpeak Town, which serves as more of a pit stop than an actual story progression. I've really enjoyed mapping these areas since I've never really had experience making winter themed maps surprisingly. Very fun!

Sorry I don't update this often, I juggle several hobbies at once, and this one has been on the back burner lately. Not that I've given up, just haven't been interested in working on it. I will try to make more time for it in the future! Don't worry, it's not dead!
I love your snow piles and all the tiles you have for the winter scene of your game.
They're so simple and elegant, I love it.
And the ice climber! It's such a simple and really awesome idea!
Great work, I love it all.
Alrighty, said I'd do this. Bug post. (All pretty much tile errors?)

Starting Town:
Other house - Door frame doesn't have priority.
Trees next to house can be walked through. (Showed you this one, just wanted to remind you in case.)

Professor's Lab:
The books on top of the shelf block your walking.

Nidopoint Woods:
Entrance and Exit have issues with the tiles not covering your head. Not sure if this can be solved as you need to walk above the stairs but below the overhang? The exit into the woods only occurs while moving through it though.
Also, it seems like Nidopoint Woods is two separate maps, as the name appears while walking halfway through the map.

That's as far as I've gotten and what I've found so far. Just a small thing which isn't an issue, but I think would improve it, is that the light effect from the windows seems like it should overlay you.

I'll do some more searching tomorrow, but yeah. ^.^
[-] The following 3 users Like PeckanPie's post:
  • Atomic Reactor, Dawn Bronze, Ice
This looks like a legit Pokemon game! You've done a really good job of this.
I wonder... Do you have any date in mind to when Obsidian's next demo will be released?
(02-21-2015, 04:14 PM)MadDeodorant Wrote: I wonder... Do you have any date in mind to when Obsidian's next demo will be released?

He says in the demo like... that's the last demo and the next release will be officially complete. I don't know if that's changed, but that's what's to expect right now.
I only just registered, but I just want to point out how amazing some of these fake pokemon look! definitely on par with the official ones, some even better. Please keep going! :"D
[-] The following 1 user Likes lastdragon's post:
  • Atomic Reactor
I love your Fakemon! Kokismash (did I type that correctly?), looks amazing, would totally train one! :3 Can't wait 'til you complete the game!
[Image: 11021316_364930867044074_8668438324221573128_o.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Yehterf's post:
  • Atomic Reactor
Just started playing this! I'm also working on a game [like most people here are] and i'm just making it a test game at the moment to try things out and see how everything works.