Completed The Holy Mountain: A Pokémon Adventure
Hello everyone. Here's a project I completed a long time ago for the Relic Castle Game Jam.

[Image: a9XCuFz.png]

You play as Kazuo, a monk living atop a remote mountain in Japan. One day, you decide to travel to the mountain's peak in order to confront the evil spirit that is responsible for the death of your sister.

It's a game about mood and atmosphere instead of instant gratification, i.e. there are no trainer battles or running shoes, only wild Pokémon and sporadic NPCs. I've tried to pack as much as possible into its brief running time - there are three endings, depending on how you defeat the final boss.

Having played it again, I'll admit it's flawed - the opening stages are too reliant on dialogue, for instance, and some bits just don't work. But there's plenty in there that's important to me as a game developer and storyteller. And if you like Legends of the Arena, well, you'll probably find this interesting.

Download Link: Mediafire

Credits:
  • Concept - Nintendo/Game Freak
  • Pokémon Essentials - Flameguru/Poccil/Maruno
  • Tiles - Kyledove/Chimcharsfireworkd
  • Music - Okami Original Soundtrack (Rei Kondo/Masami Ueda/Hiroshi Yamaguchi/Akari Groves)
  • Splash Screen - Pukahuna
[-] The following 3 users Like WackyTurtle's post:
  • Deo, Menta, Raonak
Thread approved! I remember this game from the jam-it's very beautiful and I'd recommended it to anyone. Smile
[Image: wTa79tq.png]  

The download link is broken :|
(03-16-2016, 06:01 PM)Ewery1 Wrote: The download link is broken :|

Should be fixed.
I took a quick glance at the screenshot and already knew I was going to like it. I can already tell it looks very atmospheric, and being a Monk makes it even better. Certainly going to try this one out one of these days!
Erm... I'm not totally sure what's wrong?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)