Pokémon Azurite: Crystallization Awaits
[Image: FdxRbz0.png]
The Kuria region is a young albeit prestigious region quite a bit south-east of Kalos, known for it's rather unique Pokémon. Professor's of this region have found several new types of Pokémon and more knowledge about the abilities of the Pokémon we already knew. Perhaps it's most interesting attraction are the crystals found all around the region, said to be fragments of an old Pokémon that came from above. These crystals have unique properties that have been known to make Pokémon far more powerful.
Founded originally by the current Curator's grandfather, Kuria has been lead by the curator for quite a while. Thousands of years, in fact. Why has the curator lived so long? No one knows for sure, but the people consider it a huge blessing as he has lead Kuria through harsh times and always gave hope to the people. Kuria's known to be one of the most powerful regions on the planet, with it's league being no exception.
Do you think you're up to the challenge?
[Image: hzf89Vh.png]
Team Vitreus is an organization of veterans that strive for perfection. This pursuit of perfection is ambitious and you'd be right to assume that it's a good goal. However, the actions taken to pursue this goals have been nothing short of questionable. From stealing Pokémon to outright terrorist threats if demands are not met, Vitreus is set out to achieve this goal no matter the cost, as they consider everything to be a worthwhile sacrifice if it means the next step of evolution for the world.
They do not accept just anyone onto their team. Even the Vitreus Grunts have to prove themselves through rigorous training. And they are the weakest tier in Team Vitreus. At the top there is the Vitreus Elite 4.
Meet the Vitreus Elite 4 :
Almand and Beryl, the business and the brains. Inseparable both in battle and as friends, they're feared for their near-flawless co-ordination.
Amber, the beautiful, known to be able to play mind-games with those she battles. Her charms alone have often been the cause of her victory in battle.
And Quartz the spiteful. The deaf musician who is nothing short of sadistic. He's not known to hold back in battle and is often vicious towards his opponents.
The Vitreus Elite 4 are feared even by Kuria's official Pokémon League. However, that won't stop you from wanting to battle them, will it?

[Image: G9FShFM.png]
Twigit
Twigit are rare rabbit like Pokémon found in deep forests around Kuria. While typically smug, if they see a Pokémon in need they will do what they can. The bush around their neck will actually grow berries, which they horde for the winter season. They exhibit mystical properties, often being used in magic shows for their ability to appear in hats. If you befriend a Twigit, they will protect the best they can. But if you anger a Twigit, get ready to have poisonious berries thrown at you from afar.
Kuuby
Kuuby are care free, fun loving balls of fluff who will seemingly float around without a care in the world. Inside of these small free flying pillows is a fire burning at immeasurable temperatures which shoot through it's exhaust-like tail. By aiming it's tail while floating in the air, it's able to shoot itself in a single direction to escape or shoot towards enemies. When doing this it looks very similiar to a comet in space !
Kikro
Kikro are loud Pokémon who fill the swamps of Kuria with noise. They're very territorial, and aren't afraid to get dirty to win a fight. Befriending one will earn you a trustworthy Pokémon, as they are not quick to quit a battle and will defend those they care about. If they can't overpower a foe, they will make extremely loud noises to hurt and confuse. Some say their powerful vocal sack could mean that it's evolutions will only get louder...
[Image: FEjdHVw.png]

Kuria is home to FIVE new types! These types are Sound, Cosmic, Mystic, Light and Crystal.

Cosmic type Pokémon are out of this world! ahem Sorry for that.
These Pokémon are generally from outer space. They can seemingly survive in space with no need for oxygen, and can sometimes even manipulate gravity to allow themselves to float. Some of them can even manipulate the opponents gravity as well.
Mystic type Pokémon are the more magical Pokémon.
They are typically found doing tips and tricks that have no other explanation other than their own abilities. They can cast spells and curses, so you don't want to get on their bad side!
Sound type Pokémon have amazing vocal and sound based capabilities!
These Pokémon use a seemingly invisible type, Sound, to do damage, confuse, and much more. They're typically very loud, and some can even be beautiful singers! Not all of them though...
Aw yes, the Light type! What a bright discovery!
These Pokémon are found to display brilliance of light in a way other than heat can cover. Often time very pure hearted, these Pokémon are usually expert healers! Lumeny over here was the frontier discovery to prove that the Light type exists! These Pokémon can be used as lamps in dark areas, easily lighting your way!
And a lot of Pokémon have been discovered to actually have these types! Much like fairy type, these classifications have been applied to previously known Pokémon!
Crystal type is something else.
Although definitely a type, it is rarely seen in natural instances. In fact, the next section might help you understand this a bit better...
[Image: DLCuv4C.png]
In the Kuria Region, a strange power was discovered that crystallizes Pokémon. This is the power of Crystallizations, a form of evolution studied by many Kuria professors over the course of time.[/size]
This seemingly ancient energy takes the form of crystal, but is actually something else entirely. Energy borne from a distant place, it shapes Pokémon into a new temporary evolution with a type exclusive to Crystallizations. Crystal Type!
The Crystallized Pokémon's power is greatly boosted, and it's new crystal type is very beneficial, with mono-type Pokémon gaining an additional STAB type, and dual-type Pokémon changing their secondary type.
But what is the Crystal Type?
A Truly Neutral Type
[Image: 9ba60a_9fe51c162cae4de4946a522b2a7f8b46.png]
The most powerful aspect of the Crystal Type is the fact that it's truly neutral. While this means it resists nothing, it also means it isn't weak against anything! The Crystal Type can hit any type at any time, and it won't resist or be weak to it. It is completely indifferent. Only Crystallized Pokémon will be able to get STAB bonuses from Crystal Type moves!
Crystallization is achieved through an item called the Crystal Fragment, an item scattered around Kuria that harnesses the power of Crystallization in a small object, similar to a Mega Stone. How the fragments came about nobody truly knows.
There is only one form of Crystal Fragment, and it works for all Pokemon that are able to Crystallize. Once the Pokemon activates a Crystal Fragment, it will immediately take it's Crystalline shape and continue to battle, gaining incredible power it otherwise wouldn't be able to acquire.
There is a catch, however. Crystallization is only available once per battle. The immense energy used from the crystal as well as taken from the land of Kuria around it has to recharge after battle, making other Crystal Fragments useless until the battle ends, effectively returning the energy to the land.
Check out the currently known Crystallizations over on the website.
Crystallization is caused by a Crystal Fragment, but this isn't the only powerful stones found around the land of Kuria !
[Image: UYXae4g.png]
In Pokemon Azurite, many Pokemon will be able to access their new found Mega Evolution to unlock their full potential. [/size]
New Mega Evolutions such as Cherrim, Porygon-Z and Luxray can be found within the land of the Kuria Region... Or seas. Who knows where those things are. That is something you'll have to find for yourself! One thing about the new Mega Evolutions in Azurite is that they'll all have their specialties and will all be a good addition to your team in one way or another, as in this game, viable variety is key to it's development.
See which Megas show up in Kuria over on the website.
[Image: WSqQidG.png]

Please enjoy the world we've constructed ! We're still early in development, but you can definitely expect a demo eventually!
We're also looking for sprite artists. If this projects interests you and you would like to help sprite or code or even art then feel free to contact me or check out the application section on the website!
Thank you for support!
Looking great Sleepy! Very excited for this project! You really gave me a laugh with the "coming eventually" but the passion you guys have will surely deliver a great experience.
Best part to the trailer: "Coming Eventually" laughed my ass off (I now I've could've written "lmao", but I didn't want to. Come at me!) Visited the website and my favourite things? Buff Professor, the evil team is badass, new pokémon. What I like the least? Crystallization, even though I'm sure is the basis of the whole plot, mechanically just looks like a Mega Evolution rip-off. Also, giving Crystallized forms to already existing Pokémon? Uh... This new form of evolution should only be applied to Pokémon that DON'T have Megas, because... two fucking (sorry) extra evolution forms? Eh... Too over powered. Another thing I'm very skeptical about are the FOUR new types you're introducing. Just too much. Fairy took some time to get used to and it's just ONE new type. But FOUR?! Also, I'd change the standard 5th graphics you have to a more custom 5th gen style.
Now, rants aside, this game is looking AMAZING! Props to you, my friends!
I'm really looking forward to this game! It's amazing until now! Also, I found something I think I shouldn't (xD): http://www.projectazurite.com/#!mega-mew/c8is
The concept behind this is incredibly interesting! I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.
Everything about this is beautiful ;-;
Cant wait for this project to come out, The thing I like the most about this is there are new types, and The whole Crystallization.
Wow! This looks really amazing! Also the way the website is designed... I love it! It feels alot like the X and Y website when they were revealing more and more stuff! :D

When I first read the post, I thought that Crystallization might replace Mega-Evos in this game... but the thought alone felt wrong and then, after more scrolling, the New Mega Evolutions part came. :D 
I think the idea of Crystallizations is really great! The whole Crystal Type thing makes it different enough from Mega Evolution to just call it a "Mega Evo with a different name" imo. Even though they are really similar... but so is Primal Reversion. So ye, nothing wrong with that. :D

The Artworks... The trailer... everything shown so far creates such hype, as shown by the other posts well. ^^

The only thing that kind of... concerns me are the many new types, not counting Crystal Type - as that is what the whole Crystallization is about, also it's not hard to remember that it's a neutral-only type. :D
However, with the other new types I feel like it'd take some time to get used to it while playing, especially with old mons getting retyped.
Not saying that it's bad though, it's just that... (like MadDeodorant already said) it took some time to get used the Fairy Type... and now there are 4 new types (again not counting Crystal, for mentioned reasons)? Not only that, the only thing you'd need to learn these types is for this specific game... While other fangames might introduce (some of) these types as well (as they are mostly fan favourites), it doesn't mean that type advantages will be the same.
I am kind of doubtful about them, yet I still look forward to how they will turn out in the game. ^^'

With that all being said, I really look forward to seeing updates in the future. :)
This looks awesome, im excited to try out the new types! The artwork and the story and everything looks amazing.
Hello, Sleepy here again!
I've updated the original post to be redone a bit to match a post we've made on a french Pokémon Website! So I hope it looks a little bit better than it did before. (Also added Maruno to credits, my bad!!)
I'd also love to address some concerns here, and thank everyone for their love and support!
(03-11-2016, 03:44 PM)MadDeodorant Wrote: Best part to the trailer: "Coming Eventually" laughed my ass off (I now I've could've written "lmao", but I didn't want to. Come at me!) Visited the website and my favourite things? Buff Professor, the evil team is badass, new pokémon. What I like the least? Crystallization, even though I'm sure is the basis of the whole plot, mechanically just looks like a Mega Evolution rip-off. Also, giving Crystallized forms to already existing Pokémon? Uh... This new form of evolution should only be applied to Pokémon that DON'T have Megas, because... two fucking (sorry) extra evolution forms? Eh... Too over powered. Another thing I'm very skeptical about are the FOUR new types you're introducing. Just too much. Fairy took some time to get used to and it's just ONE new type. But FOUR?! Also, I'd change the standard 5th graphics you have to a more custom 5th gen style.
Now, rants aside, this game is looking AMAZING! Props to you, my friends!
Crystallization is at first glance just another form of Mega Evolution like Primal Devolution may be seen as. However, it's uniqueness is in the gained type that can't really be found through other methods. While being neutral can be seen as a weird perk, the increased power and STAB to the slightly stronger than normal Crystal type moves will be more than worth it. Pokémon who can crystal or mega can only do one or the other. It's not exactly overpowered when you have to choose rather than can do both. As far as overworld graphical style goes, we're constantly on the fence of whether to use 4th or 5th gen, but we may be going with 4th gen after all.
(03-12-2016, 03:22 AM)94lolface Wrote: Wow! This looks really amazing! Also the way the website is designed... I love it! It feels alot like the X and Y website when they were revealing more and more stuff! Big Grin

When I first read the post, I thought that Crystallization might replace Mega-Evos in this game... but the thought alone felt wrong and then, after more scrolling, the New Mega Evolutions part came. Big Grin 
I think the idea of Crystallizations is really great! The whole Crystal Type thing makes it different enough from Mega Evolution to just call it a "Mega Evo with a different name" imo. Even though they are really similar... but so is Primal Reversion. So ye, nothing wrong with that. Big Grin

The Artworks... The trailer... everything shown so far creates such hype, as shown by the other posts well. ^^

The only thing that kind of... concerns me are the many new types, not counting Crystal Type - as that is what the whole Crystallization is about, also it's not hard to remember that it's a neutral-only type. Big Grin
However, with the other new types I feel like it'd take some time to get used to it while playing, especially with old mons getting retyped.
Not saying that it's bad though, it's just that... (like MadDeodorant already said) it took some time to get used the Fairy Type... and now there are 4 new types (again not counting Crystal, for mentioned reasons)? Not only that, the only thing you'd need to learn these types is for this specific game... While other fangames might introduce (some of) these types as well (as they are mostly fan favourites), it doesn't mean that type advantages will be the same.
I am kind of doubtful about them, yet I still look forward to how they will turn out in the game. ^^'

With that all being said, I really look forward to seeing updates in the future. Smile
Now to address the types thing. See, this game idea started 3 or 4 years ago as a quick project we were just going to throw TONS OF FAKE TYPES IN for no reason at all other than to do it. However, the original team being the way we are, cherished our idea so much it soon grew into a full fledged game idea. And now here we are.  We are going to try our best to make sure the resources are available for you to fully understand these new types. If everything goes as planned, you'll be able to quickly check a type chart wherever you are.
We actually had way more ideas for types when we started, cutting down to 5 was painful. Also interesting to note, we were originally going to cut Fairy type entirely and replace it with mystic and light type depending on the mon. As times change, we reincorporated Fairy and Mystic is seeing less use. But we stuck to it because it adds a fun element to the game. Think of it like a middle ground between psychic and fairy. Not quite a fairy princess, but not quite mind related. It's just pure magic.
Cosmic, Light and Sound are all types that I could see being realistic myself. Especially Sound and Light. These types fit and as you play through the game I'm sure you'll be able to tell which Pokemon is which just by looking at them.
And Crystal has a whole lot of secrets around it that I don't think it will bother you. If something is a Crystal type you will definitely know.

I thank you all for the support again on this! We're trying to create a truly unique experience with this game and pouring our hearts into it!
Thank you for positive words. I will be back to update as time goes on. If anyone has anymore questions or concerns I'd be happy to address them.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepyJirachi's post:
  • 94lolface, MasterBallz