Screenshot Showcase - Map Showcase - Project Sandbox
Progressing Projects - Project Showcase

[Developing] Pokemon Celestite Version (Demo Out Now!)
Okay so, I can make a list of specifics at a later date, but for me it felt like there were a lot of little mistakes that went under the radar. You need to play through your game and try every possible thing the player -could- do. For example, when Professor Oak gives you your Starly you can ignore the beginning of the game and leave to play the rest. I imagine that gives you issues when you try to face your rival the second time but you can do quite a bit. Also there were a bunch of tile errors and a few spelling errors here and there (one in the intro of the game).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ewery1's post:
  • Fontbane
(01-21-2016, 04:49 PM)Shgeldz Wrote:
(01-21-2016, 04:45 PM)Yogensai Wrote: I will remove unappreciated pop culture references and puns if people don't want them there, just wanted to lighten the mood a little. Sorry if it offended you in any way :]

But thank you for this, it helps out a lot! :]

I mean that's just my opinion, and I wasn't offended. I really like that kind of stuff, but I just personally think there ought to be a balance. A few of them made me laugh, but it got old I guess :/

I'd love to go back and try out the new megas and forms but alas I'm stuck.

DJ Khaled got me too man.
Fakemon designer (with pencil and paper) and Fakemon lover <3
(01-21-2016, 07:09 PM)Ewery1 Wrote: Okay so, I can make a list of specifics at a later date, but for me it felt like there were a lot of little mistakes that went under the radar. You need to play through your game and try every possible thing the player -could- do. For example, when Professor Oak gives you your Starly you can ignore the beginning of the game and leave to play the rest. I imagine that gives you issues when you try to face your rival the second time but you can do quite a bit. Also there were a bunch of tile errors and a few spelling errors here and there (one in the intro of the game).

Yea, we have noticed that some tiles and events shouldve been placed to prevent issues like this. We will be addressing this, and doing a better job of finding these, before another content release! We will also try to fix the current issues so that the demo can be played without worry!
I just played the demo, nearly completed it (@last gymleader) and I can already tell the full game is going to be amazing. The jokes/puns, the different types of cities, the people in the world itself are just wonderful^^ Can't wait to mega-evolve some Pokémon. Also, the balance between Pokémon of all the generations is really well done!
Very impressive graphically; my only complaint is that the dialog is... not very well written. Some of it is grammatically... wrong. That's really my only problem though, the rest looks really really nice, and I'm sure that will improve with time. Smile
Pixel Artist | Fangame Enthusiast | Awkward

Icon by the lovely @DaybreakM
[-] The following 1 user Likes SimplyPixelizing's post:
  • Fontbane
(03-07-2016, 07:25 PM)SimplyPixelizing Wrote: Very impressive graphically; my only complaint is that the dialog is... not very well written. Some of it is grammatically... wrong. That's really my only problem though, the rest looks really really nice, and I'm sure that will improve with time. Smile

thank you so much! that really means a lot Big Grin
I just started and was messing round in Moonlight Forest and realized that after Oak gave you the Starly its marked as caught in the Pokedex. Just wanted to bring that to your attention  Smile good job so far though!
(03-14-2016, 12:12 AM)chinnchilla Wrote: I just started and was messing round in Moonlight Forest and realized that after Oak gave you the Starly its marked as caught in the Pokedex. Just wanted to bring that to your attention  Smile good job so far though!
Thank you! and i'll look into that Smile
Oh, and speaking of Oak's Starly, you didn't block off the exit to the forest, meaning the player can continue on their journey with Starly. It won't obey them if it reaches level 10, but it's still pretty OP.

I also found some potential balancing issues besides that but I'll wait until I can finish the demo before I talk about them. But for starters, people who use Chikorita would probably white out instantly to all those Grunts with Zubat and Houndour.
Tongue
[Image: 55YTTrh.gif]
(03-14-2016, 03:34 PM)Platinum Cyndaquil Wrote: Oh, and speaking of Oak's Starly, you didn't block off the exit to the forest, meaning the player can continue on their journey with Starly. It won't obey them if it reaches level 10, but it's still pretty OP.

I also found some potential balancing issues besides that but I'll wait until I can finish the demo before I talk about them. But for starters, people who use Chikorita would probably white out instantly to all those Grunts with Zubat and Houndour.

Oak's thing is fixed in 1.3 when it comes, balancing will come later when we do a bigger update than a patch fix. As this was only a demo, we still had a lot yo learn from it, and we're gonna do our absolute best to fix it later