Pokemon Wisteria (IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT)
[Image: JzTb0K1.png]
Introduction
Hello, my name is Mantager. I've been dabbling in game making for almost a year now, but this is my first "big" project. I've scrapped a lot of older projects due to broken files or lost motivation. I'm really hoping I can one day finish this game, but we'll see!

Story
Set 20 years after the events of X/Y and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, the Pokemon world has changed quite a lot. Even now, there has been advancements in technology and laws. No new Pokemon have been discovered, but lots of new variations, abilities and moves have been found. Even new systems have been established. One of these new systems is the Wisteria Tournament.

The Wisteria Tournament is the replacement for the Pokemon League system, which was stopped 4 years ago. Every four years, a worldwide tournament is held, for the best Trainers in the Pokemon world. It is a clash of wills and ways. And now, the first ever Wisteria Tournament is about to start.

Features
  • Explore the never-seen-before Tomen region in a GBC style!
  • A new story that will go on for loads of hours!
  • 660+ Pokemon avaliable! (full 5 generations + some kalos mons)!
  • A more challenging game!
  • Battle Routes, where you have to battle multiple trainers with limited healing!
  • Hidden Grottos!
  • New moves and abilities! (such as Sunbathe, an ability that restores HP in sun!)
  • New forms! (such as Meowth with different breeds! Fancy a ginger moggy?)
Screenshots

Credits
Download
https://t.co/vqvvIGhKWq
[-] The following 8 users Like Mantager's post:
  • Capptier, CarrEternal, COMBOY, Deo, Epic, joker1000, Kiedisticelixer, Zenarii
I love seeing GS Essentials stuff : D

I might be releasing a really big GS tileset soon!  Mostly because I'm losing interest in my proyect If you need some help, ask!

Also, I'd recommend not doing all five generations. A dex of about 250 should be enough, and more makes it sooo hard to place them all.

I'm interested in the plot, what exactly is it about? From what I read, I would expect more of a sandbox-ey / not-super-linear experience, kind of like FL's Pokémon Island. Or is it a bad guys->Legendary thing?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kiedisticelixer's post:
  • Mantager
(09-14-2015, 02:32 PM)kiedisticelixer Wrote: I love seeing GS Essentials stuff : D

I might be releasing a really big GS tileset soon!  Mostly because I'm losing interest in my proyect If you need some help, ask!

Also, I'd recommend not doing all five generations. A dex of about 250 should be enough, and more makes it sooo hard to place them all.

I'm interested in the plot, what exactly is it about? From what I read, I would expect more of a sandbox-ey / not-super-linear experience, kind of like FL's Pokémon Island. Or is it a bad guys->Legendary thing?

The plot is about a worldwide tournament called Wisteria. The game is split into two notable halves, the first being all about the qualifiers and regionals, and the second about battles that will challenge you and make you think, at the center of the world. The game will be quite story driven, with lots of characters who want to disrupt the tournament and get in everyone's way. Things will be mostly quite linear for the first half of the game, because you still explore a whole region. Then once you move on to the second half, the game opens up a lot, as the second half is more about training and battles than going on an adventure.

Aye, thanks for the input on the Pokemon. I'm still not sure what I'll do, because I'd like to include as much Pokemon as possible so people can use their favorites.

I'd really appreciate grabbing that tileset, because imo one of the drawbacks of making a GSC style game is that you don't have much tiles to really make an area unique.
This sounds pretty cool and I like the screenshots you've included. Question: How exactly does this tournament work? Because the way it's been described so far makes it sound like the Pokemon World Tournament from B2W2, which would be a great idea, I just don't know if I'm understanding it correctly.
[-] The following 1 user Likes CarrEternal's post:
  • Mantager
I like the name and the title. Good work with those. I hope this game becomes a reality.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pokealex12's post:
  • Mantager
I really love the mapping it is very impressive i am totally gonna play this game Smile!
[-] The following 1 user Likes JakeLong's post:
  • Mantager
(09-14-2015, 04:58 PM)CarrEternal Wrote: This sounds pretty cool and I like the screenshots you've included. Question: How exactly does this tournament work? Because the way it's been described so far makes it sound like the Pokemon World Tournament from B2W2, which would be a great idea, I just don't know if I'm understanding it correctly.

Thanks. Well, the tournament will be a kind-of one time thing, where once you've beaten a part of it (such as the regionals) you can't rebattle all the competitors.

As for the actual tournament, well there are 3 sets of qualifiers for each region, each set of qualifier is for a different part of the region. Firstly, the player needs to beat the qualifiers. After that, the top 4 from each qualifier go onto the regional battles. And the winner of the regional tournament goes off to Arcensal Island, which is an island in the middle of the world where they will battle each region's representive.

The tournament is a bit complicated, so sorry. If you still don't understand, you might want to play the game when it comes out to get a better understanding.

Thanks Slyarch and pokealex.
This looks great, I love seeing Gen2 styled stuff. Something key that I see in this thread is the Chesnaught backsprite, as Gen6 Pokemon aren't in GS Essentials normally.

Excited to see this project develop.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Capptier's post:
  • Mantager
Thank you everyone for your feedback!

I'd like to present:

Wisteria Update #1!

Firstly, I have a new area to show off.

Next in line, here's some "new" Pokemon!

Finally, here's a little teaser I'd like to show off...
@Mantager Nice update. I haven't really been keeping my eye out for this game, but it's really cool to see 6th gen sprites put into a 2nd gen style game. You might want to redo that Sylveon screenshot so you don't "Minimise".
[-] The following 1 user Likes NinjaBoyz's post:
  • Mantager