An Important Announcement: Relic Reboot
Screenshot Showcase - Map Showcase - Project Sandbox
Progressing Projects - Project Showcase

Demo Project S.P.E.C.T.R.U.M.
[Image: y2BfnaJ.png?1]
[Image: BZOc327.png]

Introduction: 
Project SPECTRUM is a fan game being made by myself with Essentials and some other resources. I've been working on this on/off in my spare time since February last year.

[Image: UruDrNm.png][Image: xDfwIFB.gif]
Plot:
You are a person in a little known region, living in the small town of Lildune. However, an opportunity arises and you decide to go explore the region with all its native Pokemon that can't be found in other regions. There is an unknown world out there, with Gyms and Pokemon Trainers just like many other regions, along with myths and lore you must learn about for yourself. Can you catch them all, defeat them all, and rise to the top?

[Image: 5BFMpkn.png]

[Image: SJDruhF.png][Image: LzBsKZM.gif]
Features:
  • 50+ available fakemon in this demo alone including evolutions. 100+ are being planned and sprited
  • New region based on a part of the real world you may find particularly obvious
  • Animated sprites
  • Trainer customization
  • Handful of official Pokemon are also catcheable with some of them having new evolutions
  • Demo is currently at 2 Gyms
  • HMs are now item based. No need for HM slaves in this game.
  • Gen 6 mechanics
  • Increased shiny rate (ridiculously high; about 0.8% chance of encounter)
[Image: RmhskEX.png][Image: 4OX5Pku.gif]
Screenshots:
[Image: ZM4Z1Zm.png] [Image: xy5TmAL.png] [Image: hTbI2zq.png]
[Image: uVtOTdK.png] [Image: 0e0pOwN.png] [Image: HfKrRfq.png]
[Image: L9QVzrR.png] [Image: RaEM4xs.png] [Image: 53Ep1KA.png]
[Image: MQyOGF1.png] [Image: 8g4MC36.png] [Image: hbP01WT.png]

Pokédex (SPOILERS):

*******Download Link: ********
Download Link (Follow Instructions below first if you are using a previous version)

Updating instructions for people who want to keep their save file intact
Credits:

Changelog

TODO - things planned to be included in next update:

Old version links (look above for newest update):
Hmm I've seen a lot of fan ideas based on Australia, but this is the first time I've seen a fan game attempt the feat! It actually looks pretty good do far. Is that an evolution of Rotom? Also something just seems off to me about Pirott, I'm not sure what it is, it just doesn't look great. The Player Character does look really cool tho!
Looks good for me so far. Give it a try. Smile
What...?! A new fakemon game?! With a 2-gym playable demo? Fantastic! Downloading this now; I can't wait to try it out! I'll let you know what I think after I play it.

EDIT: Downloaded and played some of it, here are my thoughts so far.

- The intro is kind of... well, generic would be the best way to put it. It's not bad, but it might be a good idea to put something at the start to grab people's interest right off the bat, like a cutscene or something. People have seen this kind of thing hundreds of times before, so why not do something different?
- Maybe give the characters some more personality. All that I learned so far is that Nite is always in a hurry.
- The maps seem a bit too big and empty, but they're not bad.
- I suggest aligning your overworlds properly. It's only the difference of a few pixels, but it really helps immerse the player in the game.
- The music is nice. I love Pokemon Black and White's soundtrack.
- I like the fakemon! The sprites are fairly good too, although there's always room for improvement. I started with Pyroo.
- I also like that there's a mix between fake and official Pokemon. Nice.
- Annnnnnnd, my game crashed when I went to heal in the 2nd town's Pokecenter. Looks like a graphic is missing in the healing machine Pokeball animation. I'm tempted to keep playing, but based on the error I can guess that that will happen in every Pokemon Center, and i really don't want to play a no-heal challenge mode... so, as much as this game intrigues me, I'll have to wait for an updated version that fixes that bug.

I'm enjoying this game, looking forward to further updates! Smile
[Image: secret%20screen6_zpsvjyidqrl.png]
The Secret of Cinnabar Mansion
Made for the Relic Castle 2015 Game Jam

Pokemon Uranium | Fakemon Design Blog
Bruh. Someone finally makes a pokemon game on Australia. The fakemon look legit, gen 6 mechanics,hm items plus evolutions for old pokemon and increased shiny rate. This game is looking pretty good. Am impressed and I didn't even play it yet so I probably play it sooner or later.

EDIT: I defeated the second gym so far and I don't really know where to go. I think this the end of the demo. Anyway this game is pretty good and I had a blast playing it. My thoughts on this game.
The fakemon are pretty good and like twitch said, there is always room for improvement. Some of the fakemon may need to be more cleaned and detail. I also recommend using the normal pokeball healing animation since this current one doesn't really fit in. There is an animation in the tutorial and resources.
I had a few lag issues every time I won a battle very early in the game but the lag is gone now.
Now for the bugs.
The old lady in Gobi village outside close to one of the houses I couldn't interact with at all, same with one of the juggler and clown in the festival area in Sahara City.
The two large buildings that are close to the sewer entrance.I could walk on them.
This is by completely accident but I found myself able to walk in the middle of a few trees and even one where I could walk left and right. Can't remember the areas. Thats it for the bugs.
This game is really good and I can't wait for more updates.
I added a TODO list in the OP for bugs I am currently aware of and looking to fix soon.

(09-11-2015, 12:34 PM)Involuntary Twitch Wrote: What...?! A new fakemon game?! With a 2-gym playable demo? Fantastic! Downloading this now; I can't wait to try it out! I'll let you know what I think after I play it.

EDIT: Downloaded and played some of it, here are my thoughts so far.

- The intro is kind of... well, generic would be the best way to put it. It's not bad, but it might be a good idea to put something at the start to grab people's interest right off the bat, like a cutscene or something. People have seen this kind of thing hundreds of times before, so why not do something different?
- Maybe give the characters some more personality. All that I learned so far is that Nite is always in a hurry.
- The maps seem a bit too big and empty, but they're not bad.
- I suggest aligning your overworlds properly. It's only the difference of a few pixels, but it really helps immerse the player in the game.
- The music is nice. I love Pokemon Black and White's soundtrack.
- I like the fakemon! The sprites are fairly good too, although there's always room for improvement. I started with Pyroo.
- I also like that there's a mix between fake and official Pokemon. Nice.
- Annnnnnnd, my game crashed when I went to heal in the 2nd town's Pokecenter. Looks like a graphic is missing in the healing machine Pokeball animation. I'm tempted to keep playing, but based on the error I can guess that that will happen in every Pokemon Center, and i really don't want to play a no-heal challenge mode... so, as much as this game intrigues me, I'll have to wait for an updated version that fixes that bug.

I'm enjoying this game, looking forward to further updates! Smile

Thanks for the feedback. I made a new a upload, the issue with the Pokemon Center should be fixed now. I didn't realize I would run into compression issues with things in the graphics folder so I just decided to explicitly include it to be safe. In addition I also added some events later in the demo to make it more clear that certain routes are unfinished and inaccessible.

(09-10-2015, 08:48 PM)CarrEternal Wrote:  Is that an evolution of Rotom?

It's a new artificial Pokemon someone in the story made to get rid of HM obstacles. It is indeed inspired by Rotom, though.
C.olour
T.itan
U.ranus

These are my guesses.
This looks super cool, nice job on the sprites and stuff. could you give me some tips on doing his I had some pretty cool ideas but have no idea where to start.
 [Image: 2MfCssn.png] 
The future of Pokemon ladies and gentlemen!
Oh, yooooo. I remember seeing you dump your Fakemon in a thread on /vp/ a couple of weeks ago. I remember some of them looking hella cool, like the ice dog. This project looks great, it's nice to a see a game based on Australia that isn't dead.
im downloading this right away, it looks great and yeah... I want a Koala