Completed The Secret of Cinnabar Mansion
[Image: secret%20of%20cinnabar%20title%20screen_zps2ucj6tzc.png]
The Secret of Cinnabar Mansion
[Image: GGkfMw0.png] Relic Castle Game Jam 2015 -- Judge's Choice [Image: GGkfMw0.png]

Introduction:
Hi everybody! I'm Twitch, and this is my game, The Secret of Cinnabar Mansion. I made it over the course of about a month for the Relic Castle Summer 2015 Game Jam. It was my first time using Pokemon Essentials to make my own game entirely from scratch, and developing it was a fantastic learning experience. I wanted to explore making a game in the style of Gen One and expand on some areas of canon that I felt had a lot of potential. I'm so thrilled and flattered by the positive reception this game has gotten! I was not at all expecting to win Judge's Choice for my little hour-long game, either. I'd like to thank Relic Castle so much for the inspiration and the encouragement I needed to make this -- thanks so much, everybody!

Plot:
A narrative-focused game in the style of Pokemon Red and Blue. Explore and discover the mysteries of the ruined mansion on Cinnabar Island. You play as a scientist tasked with delivering a package. Read all the journals and uncover the mystery of why the mansion was abandoned -- but be wary of hostile trainers and wild Pokemon!

This game takes about an hour to complete. There are 2 endings, so try and find them both! It's not too hard, but if you get stuck on trying to get the Good Ending, feel free to PM me and I'll tell you how you can do it.

Features:
  • 100% Completed Game
  • Nostalgic 8Bit Graphics
  • Choose between three partner Pokemon: Magneton, Porygon, or Weezing!
  • 2 Endings
  • Fantastic music by GlitchxCity

Screenshots
[Image: secret%20screen1_zpsm5vqruke.png] [Image: secret%20screen2_zpslgz95cdu.png][Image: secret%20screen6_zpsvjyidqrl.png] [Image: secret%20screen5_zps8vk2dwqa.png][Image: secret%20screen4_zpsjhoadgk7.png] 

Download:

Credits:
  • Concept - Nintendo/Game Freak

• Pokémon Essentials - Flameguru/Poccil/Maruno

• GSC Essentials - Comboy

• Tiles - RBY Tileset from the Spriters' Resource, custom edits by me

• Music - Pokemon Mansion Remix by GlitchxCity, Pokemon RBY music from VGMusic
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed making a little game. I've heard a lot about you, doing sprites, mostly, and I've heard that you're a great person. I haven't played this game myself, and I probably won't anytime soon, but I do feel like there needs to be a game like this. A game where you aren't a good guy. It's just a game that I feel is an idea that might pop into someone's head here and there, but it was never really done until you came along. Nice job!
For the love of god, fix the download  Confused IT LOOKS FREAKING AWESOME! :3
(10-02-2015, 04:25 PM)Zebra Wrote:

Seemed to download alright for me, what's the issue you're having?
[Image: wTa79tq.png]  

(10-02-2015, 04:30 PM)Aki Wrote:
(10-02-2015, 04:25 PM)Zebra Wrote:

Seemed to download alright for me, what's the issue you're having?

Nevermind xD Works now properly
Wow! I just finished it, that was really cool. Thanks for making it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ebisaleth's post:
  • PokemasterTERI
Just finished, absolutely amazing!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bobbysushi's post:
  • PokemasterTERI
Nice throwback to the old days. How much of the tiles are custom? They look so official it's hard to say if any are custom at all or not. Either way, nice work. Smile
(11-10-2015, 05:55 PM)MidnitezREMIX Wrote: Nice throwback to the old days. How much of the tiles are custom? They look so official it's hard to say if any are custom at all or not. Either way, nice work. Smile

I'd say about 1/3 of the tiles are edits that I made of existing RBY tiles. Actually, I'm glad you mentioned this, because I'm making the tileset I made for this game publicly available, in case anybody wants to use it in their own RBY-styled fangame.

Here it is:
[-] The following 1 user Likes Involuntary Twitch's post:
  • PokemasterTERI
Seems like a cool project! I have never played the official gen 1 games (As in on gameboy) a lot of people say they are the best out of all, but I think that's just nostalgia saying.
(Not hating on gen 1, I have played it on emulator and it IS a pretty good gen)