Demo Pokémon Police Force
Pokémon Police Force

Introduction:

Hello! This is a game I worked on for the Game Jam, which I missed the deadline for due to being busy around the last few days. I then decided to continue what I made and have started making it to a bigger game. I hope you enjoy as it's a little different to the usual Pokémon Journey. It's being made in RPG Maker XP with Pokémon Essentials.

Story:

Today is the day! You've done the training and are now a fully fledged Pokémon Police Officer. From Vermillion City you get onto the S.S.Speed to travel to your first assignment.

Chapter 1: Three Island DEMO ENDS HERE.
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Features:

• Re-visit the Sevii Islands and the new Eight, Nine and Ten Island.
  • Play as a Police Officer, helping out citizens and solving mysteries.
  • HMless HMs! If your Pokémon can learn a HM they can use it outside of battle (they don't need to know the move, apart from Fly.)
  • 386 Pokémon available. (1st->3rd Gen)
  • Strange Looking Pokémon? Discover the mystery of Pokémon with odd typings and new moves! Where have they come from?
  • Sweet Nostalgic Gen 3 graphics with FRLG battle animations! (mostly)
  • Story based Chapters where you train your Pokémon from the start.
  • TURBO mode! Use ALT to speed up the game, just like a ROM.

Resources Used In Game: https://www.mediafire.com/?19ar6alas3hztzo (free for all to use)
Download: DEMO #1 (First Job) http://www.mediafire.com/download/mfc0dj...rce+V1.zip (FIXED BIKER BUG)
Credits:
[-] The following 4 users Like NoodlesButt's post:
  • Aki, Capptier, Deo, xCamero
One sek, let me level up.

Lol I love the idea of a Pokemon police force
Nothing happen when Buu beat all the bikers. Buu can't talk to Ethan, exit town, or get in the Pokemon Center even though they've all been defeated.
This looks pretty awesome, i'll have to put it on my list of things to play for sure. It looks pretty well polished. Some of the fogs look maybe a little too opaque (non tranparent, idk what the words are). After Chapter 3, do you plan to continue this? Or will it only be that long?
(08-14-2015, 01:08 PM)Majin Buu Wrote: Nothing happen when Buu beat all the bikers. Buu can't talk to Ethan, exit town, or get in the Pokemon Center even though they've all been defeated.

Oh damn... that was a massive mistake on my part. I forgot to increment the variable for that scene. If you could send me the save file I could fix it for you? Or I'll just make a quick fix which you can download.

(08-14-2015, 01:16 PM)Atomic Reactor Wrote: This looks pretty awesome, i'll have to put it on my list of things to play for sure. It looks pretty well polished. Some of the fogs look maybe a little too opaque (non tranparent, idk what the words are). After Chapter 3, do you plan to continue this? Or will it only be that long?

Yeah I may have made the forest a bit too dark...
The plan (hopefully) is to have a system similar to collecting 8 badges but instead your character does 8 jobs. So there will be 8-10 chapters in this.

EDIT: FIXED GAME STOPPING BUG WITH BIKERS. Make sure to re-download.
[-] The following 2 users Like NoodlesButt's post:
  • Atomic Reactor, Ice
So I tried it as the outlined sounded interesting.

I was however lagging a lot in the first biker map and in the town, outside my house, and I ended up quitting due to this.
(08-15-2015, 09:10 AM)baaabuuu Wrote: So I tried it as the outlined sounded interesting.

I was however lagging a lot in the first biker map and in the town, outside my house, and I ended up quitting due to this.

I'm sorry about that. I do notice a slight drop in frame rate during that scene (probably because of the 47 events on the map) but not bad enough to stop me from playing. I'll try converting audio to a smaller file size.
I really like this concept. Now I could be police officer. Its not the typical get all badges beat the pokemon league. The features are great. Some questions for you. You said strange looking pokemon so does that mean delta pokemon or fakemon? My last question is what are the starters?
(08-18-2015, 02:39 PM)Dragonscud Wrote: I really like this concept. Now I could be police officer. Its not the typical get all badges beat the pokemon league. The features are great. Some questions for you. You said strange looking pokemon so does that mean delta pokemon or fakemon? My last question is what are the starters?

Yes, Delta Pokémon. I should be probably update the post with more details on that.
The starters are Psyduck, Growlithe, Machop, Hoothoot and Electrike. I went with the theme of Pokémon policemen use in the games.
(08-19-2015, 02:33 AM)NoodlesButt Wrote:
(08-18-2015, 02:39 PM)Dragonscud Wrote: I really like this concept. Now I could be police officer. Its not the typical get all badges beat the pokemon league. The features are great. Some questions for you. You said strange looking pokemon so does that mean delta pokemon or fakemon? My last question is what are the starters?

Yes, Delta Pokémon. I should be probably update the post with more details on that.
The starters are Psyduck, Growlithe, Machop, Hoothoot and Electrike. I went with the theme of Pokémon policemen use in the games.

My top picks are growlithe,machop and electrike. Are you looking to add any more features to the game.