Poll: Which Pokémon (if any) should have their type changed?
Arbok (Poison/Dark)
Persian (Normal/Dark)
Butterfree (Bug/Psychic)
Ninetales (Fire/Psychic)
Ninetales (Fire/Ghost)
Blastoise (Water/Steel)
Charizard (Fire/Dragon)
Gyarados (Water/Dark)
Gyarados (Water/Dragon)
Pinsir (Bug/Steel)
Pinsir (Bug/Fighting)
Seadra (Water/Dragon)
Hypno (Psychic/Dark)
Chansey (Fairy)
Porygon (Normal/Electric)
Dragonite (Dragon/Fairy)
Other (specify in comments)
DO NOT CHANGE ANY TYPE!
[Show Results]

Demo Pokemon Infinite Fusion (NEW DEMO - 8 GYMS)
Exclamation 
Please take some time to answer this survey to help guide the game's development on the right track!

We now have a subreddit for the game! Check it out!

[Image: CyFaspj.png]

Pokémon Infinite Fusion
Demo 3.0 is now available! Scroll down to download it!

Introduction

This is a game based on the pokemon.alexonsager.net Pokemon Fusion generator. All 22 801 possible fusions between the first 151 Pokémon are in the game.

Plot

Two years ago, Team Rocket introduced a gene in the wild that allowed wild Pokémon to fuse with each other. Soon enough, fused Pokémon became very common and the practice of fusing Pokémon together has now been widely accepted by trainers.

The point of the game is to make the player experience a Pokémon game with a ridiculous amount of Pokémon. And so, aside from the backstory, the plot remains very close to the original Kanto games. There are a few additional sidequests and slight differences but all in all, don't expect a completely original story. 

Features
  • 22 801 unique possible Pokémon.
  • Fusing any two Pokémon together using DNA Splicers
  • Wild fused Pokémon
  • All trainers do something after they've been fought, whether it's a rematch, offering a trade with the player or giving an item
  • Kanto region remade (almost) from scratch using gen V graphics
  • Wild double battles
  • An average of 50+ different wild Pokemon available in each area including fusions
  • Several new areas in Kanto, including underwater areas, Cinnabar volcano, an expended Safari Zone, and more!
  • Fairy type
  • And a bunch of other stuff I'll let you discover by yourselves!
Videos
Demo 2 trailer:

Screenshots
[Image: coYiiET.png]
Older screenshots

Download
Instructions
Choose one of the two versions. Download it and extract it to play the game. Choose on of the "Updating from a previous version" links if you don't want to redownload the 90k+ sprites.

Red and Blue versions are exactly the same except that in Blue version, all trainers have reversed fusions.  It is suggested to choose Red version if you're playing from an earlier version of the game.

3.0 Full download: 
Red version
Blue version

Updating from an earlier version
Red version
Blue version

The first thing to do after updating your game to 3.0 is to go to the top floor of a Pokémon Center and talk to the Update Man.

IMPORTANT: If you want to continue playing from an earlier Save file, you have to edit the Game.ini file and change the 4th line to 
Title=InfiniteFusion

Also, if you are updating from an earlier version, you might get stuck if you last saved in a map that no longer exists. These maps depend on which version you're updating from.
To be safe, I suggest you save inside of a Pokémon Center before updating and you shouldn't run into any problems.

What's new in 3.0?
  • Story up to the 8th gym
  • Unfusing Pokémon
  • HM items
  • Over 250 custom sprites made by the community
  • New UI
  • Speed up button (Ctrl key)
  • Wondertrade
  • Randomized mode
  • Several revamped areas
  • And a lot more. Check out the section below for the full changelog.
Changelog
This is quite a bit larger than pretty much every other Essentials games. The reason why is that it uses an insanely large amount of sprites (90k+). So it might take a while to download and install. I'm working on ways to make the game files smaller, but this'll have to do for now!

Known bugs

FAQ

What's in store for the future?

There is no set release date for the next version at the moment. Here are some of the things you can expect from it.
  • Victory road Elite 4
  • Gen 2 Pokémon (and possibly more)
  • Johto
  • Dive
  • Post game areas

Credits
[-] The following 4 users Like Schrroms's post:
  • Dead Ends, Fakemon123, QueenKami, Yotes
I love this one,

the possibilities are (almost) endless when fusing pokemon.

This has potential to say the least.
While I understand that making an original story can take time and be difficult, but I honestly believe something of this magnitude deserves more than just "yeah, team rocket did this thing :/" The storyline possibilities are endless with this (could be as simple as the kinda thing they did in Gen 2)... and are fused pokemon available in the wild? I dunno, that just doesn't seem as satisfying to me as, say, using an item (like the DNA Splitters) to fuse 2 pokemon yourself.
(07-02-2015, 08:11 PM)CarrEternal Wrote: While I understand that making an original story can take time and be difficult, but I honestly believe something of this magnitude deserves more than just "yeah, team rocket did this thing :/" The storyline possibilities are endless with this (could be as simple as the kinda thing they did in Gen 2)... and are fused pokemon available in the wild? I dunno, that just doesn't seem as satisfying to me as, say, using an item (like the DNA Splitters) to fuse 2 pokemon yourself.

Fused and regular Pokemon are both available in the wild. You actually can use DNA splicers on two regular Pokemon to fuse them too. DNA Splicers are now a consummable item and you can buy them in any PokeMart.

As for the storyline, like you said, making an original story can be difficult, and I find that it often ends up being a bit lackluster in many fangames (not that it's amazing in official games either though). So to avoid that, I chose to be fairly conservative with regards to the plot. Nonetheless, I probably will try to integrate Pokemon fusions in Team Rocket's motivations or something and tweak the plot accordingly, probably nothing too game changing tough. But this section hasn't been done yet and I haven't completely decided what I'm going to do with it to be honest. I'm open to suggestions and ideas.
(07-03-2015, 08:55 AM)Schrroms Wrote:
(07-02-2015, 08:11 PM)CarrEternal Wrote: While I understand that making an original story can take time and be difficult, but I honestly believe something of this magnitude deserves more than just "yeah, team rocket did this thing :/" The storyline possibilities are endless with this (could be as simple as the kinda thing they did in Gen 2)... and are fused pokemon available in the wild? I dunno, that just doesn't seem as satisfying to me as, say, using an item (like the DNA Splitters) to fuse 2 pokemon yourself.

Fused and regular Pokemon are both available in the wild. You actually can use DNA splicers on two regular Pokemon to fuse them too. DNA Splicers are now a consummable item and you can buy them in any PokeMart.

As for the storyline, like you said, making an original story can be difficult, and I find that it often ends up being a bit lackluster in many fangames (not that it's amazing in official games either though). So to avoid that, I chose to be fairly conservative with regards to the plot. Nonetheless, I probably will try to integrate Pokemon fusions in Team Rocket's motivations or something and tweak the plot accordingly, probably nothing too game changing tough. But this section hasn't been done yet and I haven't completely decided what I'm going to do with it to be honest. I'm open to suggestions and ideas.

you can let silver running around kanto and hating evryone who uses fusion pokemon.
[-] The following 2 users Like Shev's post:
  • Ryderdreemur, Schrroms
I really really like the idea and concept of this game, but the only thing that ruins it is the execution of using the sprites from that site that fuses pokemon for you. If you used it to see how they would look and then fused the sprites yourself and shaded them properly then it would be so much more amazing. But right now those sprites are just blatantly wrong with the way they're done. It wouldn't even be that difficult to whip up sprites of your own and it would look so much better by comparison.
(07-06-2015, 10:40 AM)Radical Raptr Wrote: I really really like the idea and concept of this game, but the only thing that ruins it is the execution of using the sprites from that site that fuses pokemon for you. If you used it to see how they would look and then fused the sprites yourself and shaded them properly then it would be so much more amazing. But right now those sprites are just blatantly wrong with the way they're done. It wouldn't even be that difficult to whip up sprites of your own and it would look so much better by comparison.

Problem is the scale of the project. It'd be literally years of work to fuse every pokemon with every other pokemon. Backsprites will make it even worse.
(07-06-2015, 11:17 AM)Ice Wrote:
(07-06-2015, 10:40 AM)Radical Raptr Wrote: I really really like the idea and concept of this game, but the only thing that ruins it is the execution of using the sprites from that site that fuses pokemon for you. If you used it to see how they would look and then fused the sprites yourself and shaded them properly then it would be so much more amazing. But right now those sprites are just blatantly wrong with the way they're done. It wouldn't even be that difficult to whip up sprites of your own and it would look so much better by comparison.

Problem is the scale of the project. It'd be literally years of work to fuse every pokemon with every other pokemon. Backsprites will make it even worse.

Yeah exactly. Just for the first 151 Pokemon, that would be 43 500 sprites to manually fuse, including backsprites. If I did it for all 721 Pokemon, that number becomes 1 038 240, which is completely insane. Let's be generous and say that I'd spend about 15 minutes per sprite (realistically it'd be a lot more than that), then it would take me 29 years of non-stop spriting to complete the task!

I have better things to do I think Wink
(07-06-2015, 12:35 PM)Schrroms Wrote: I have better things to do I think Wink

I think you should just down size your project. I'm telling you, people will be turned away from your project because of the weird janky sprites. Maybe work with a smaller amount of Pokemon? The Sprites just don't look good enough to be used in an actual project, the Pokemon fuser is for laughs. Undecided If there is a smaller amount of Pokemon that can fuse, you can spend more time on making the sprites look better and more presentable, which will make your game look much, much better.
Dawn makes a good point, but I think if the fact that the sprites are from the random generator is really pushed as a selling point (using "selling" loosely of course, you know what I mean) then it could get a good sized audience of people who see it as a funny game that doesn't take itself as seriously as other fan games.
[Image: wTa79tq.png]