Screenshot Showcase - Map Showcase - Project Sandbox
Progressing Projects - Project Showcase

The Project Sandbox
Just want to mention that if you make the tutorial at the start too long, people might get turned off the game. Maybe just show an engaging picture of the type chart, without going on about it too long, otherwise people will instantly say "this game is boring and dragged out, I'm not bothered"
Oh, I don't plan for any of this to be in the introduction of the game-just in bits and pieces NPCs tell players. So, for example, after getting a starter Pokemon, a player that had selected that they haven't played Pokemon before would have the usual catching tutorial, but one that selected that they have would not. When reaching the Pokemon School, a player that hasn't played before would have multiple NPCs that would explain various type matchups, while one that has would have much fewer that only explained the new changes.
Sounds good. Can't wait to see it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Djaco75's post:
  • TechSkylander1518
I don't know if you're allowed to talk about non-Pokemon fangames/indie games here, but I had an idea for an indie game that I was thinking of making just in my free time for fun, even though it would take a lot of work and learning to script. I need to learn to script anyway, so this might be a cool way to get started. I came upon this idea while talking about Undertale with a friend, so I'm trying my hardest to keep Undertale out of this... Anyway, here is my idea for this indie game.

The concept of the game is that you wake up in a forest with no memories of your past life except for your name (kind of like the PMD series). You are awoken by a creature (probably a fairy) who explains to you that you are in the realm that bridges the gap between fact and fiction. The game would then be spent trying to recover your memory and exploring this mysterious land. You go along the storyline visiting places that seem somewhat familiar, and along the way, you would fight many mythological/fairy tale/legendary creatures and bosses in an attempt to learn as much as you can about your past. Certain events will make you remember more about your past and how you got to be in this situation in the first place. I do need a bit of help on deciding on a battle system, but I have thought of a few ideas:
-A system similar to bullet-hell, where you must first block as many enemy bullets as you can using a shield, and then you must avoid solid walls that form a kind of maze, and if you touch one of the walls, you lose health.
-A kind of turn based battle in which you spin a wheel that decides how much damage you inflict on the enemy, and the enemy can inflict damage using the wheel as well.
-A system similar to Pokemon where certain types of attacks are more effective on certain types of souls or something.

I'm mainly looking for feedback on the basic idea of the game and any ideas people may have. Thanks in advance!
[Image: 9MShJHn.png]
^ Click to go to Pokemon Aura's thread! ^

[-] The following 1 user Likes Fakemon123's post:
  • Dragonite
I feel like the wheel system should probably be avoided-battling that entirely luck-based won't exactly be popular.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TechSkylander1518's post:
  • Fakemon123
(01-14-2017, 04:38 PM)TechSkylander1518 Wrote: I feel like the wheel system should probably be avoided-battling that entirely luck-based won't exactly be popular.

Yeah that's true. It would probably make more sense paired with something else... What did you think of the plot concept though? Is it a bit too weak?

It seems pretty neat so far! I think I'll need to see where it goes before I have a full opinion, though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TechSkylander1518's post:
  • Fakemon123
I just had a quick idea for a new ability. It's called Impatience. It makes it so moves with charging turns before or after (Solar Beam, Rock Wrecker, etc.) can be used in one turn, at the cost of lowered defense (for moves that charge before) or heavy recoil (around 1/3, for moves that require a recharge turn) after each use.
Tongue
[Image: 55YTTrh.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Fontbane's post:
  • Dragonite, TechSkylander1518
(01-14-2017, 05:28 PM)TechSkylander1518 Wrote: It seems pretty neat so far! I think I'll need to see where it goes before I have a full opinion, though.

Alright thanks! I'll maybe post a thread in Other Games/ROM Hacks when I get enough progress done.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Fakemon123's post:
  • TechSkylander1518
(01-14-2017, 05:46 PM)Fontbane Wrote: I just had a quick idea for a new ability. It's called Impatience. It makes it so moves with charging turns before or after (Solar Beam, Rock Wrecker, etc.) can be used in one turn, at the cost of lowered defense (for moves that charge before) or heavy recoil (around 1/3, for moves that require a recharge turn) after each use.

It's funny; I actually had a similar idea (with more or less the same name), although I wasn't bothering to include recharge moves and the "penalty" I'd decided on to balance it out was reducing the power to something like 75% (although that wouldn't account for geomancy, I suppose; not sure what I'd do about it, although in practice that combination should almost never happen just for thematic/sig move reasons). I haven't actually done anything to test/implement it though, so I have no clue whether that's the best way to balance it out—I'd be interested in seeing how well your version works. If nothing else, I'm sure leaving the power unchanged is a more appealing option.
[Image: osgrave.png]
phoenix's fakemon . The PhoenixdexThe IdeaDex . fakemon inspiration tumblr
[-] The following 1 user Likes Phoenixsong's post:
  • Fontbane