The Project Sandbox
Brick 
Welcome to the Project Sandbox!

The concept of this thread is simple: just play around. If you want to get some quick feedback on plot ideas or game design elements before you even start your game or have a thread, this is the place to throw ideas around. If you're thinking about starting your own thread for your project but need some help determining if your first post is up snuff, this is also your place.

One thing to keep in mind while participating in the thread is to keep it civil and have fun. Now, have at it!
[-] The following 2 users Like Yuoaman's post:
  • pokemaster50000, Rooto54Rocks
Great Idea!

What do you guys think of a giant tree that has been grafted to grow every type of berry in existence on different branches. The evil team in my game take over the tree to get a large amount of Starf Berries to help strengthen Regigigas.
Also what do you think of this as Regigigas's battle theme:

[-] The following 3 users Like Spluff5's post:
  • Blankface345, pokemaster50000, Rooto54Rocks
Would the tree be something that the player would get access to at some point? (Post-game for instance.)

Also the ORAS music is great so I say go for it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Yuoaman's post:
  • pokemaster50000
(01-12-2015, 09:07 PM)Yuoaman Wrote: Would the tree be something that the player would get access to at some point? (Post-game for instance.)

Also the ORAS music is great so I say go for it.

Yes you get access to one of the branches after the third gym (With all the ver basic berries)
You get access to the rest of the branches in the post game.

Also that music is fan-made, not from ORAS although it uses that sound font.

What do you guys think about these names for towns and cities (in order of progression through the game)
All the names are based off rock, minerals and metals (except one)

1. Feldspar Town (Starting town)
  2. Tourmaline City (First city, no gym)
  3. Lazulia City (First gym, Water)
  4. Calacruss City (Second gym, Bug)
  5. Limostine City (Third gym, Grass.)
  6. Apalene Town (Home of that giant tree, no gym)
  7. Basaclast City (Fourth gym, Fire. Built into a volcano)
  8. Halloyan City (Fifth gym, Fighting. In a tropical area)
  9. Periduna City (no gym)
  10. Whitecliff City (Sixth gym, Ground. Possible rename to Quartzcliff City)
  11. Cobaltia City (Seventh gym, Steel. Next to a highly magnetic mountain)
[-] The following 3 users Like Spluff5's post:
  • Laytondan123, pokemaster50000, Rooto54Rocks
I think you should go with Quartzcliff. Sounds cooler.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TondehDondeh's post:
  • pokemaster50000
(01-12-2015, 05:24 PM)Spluff5 Wrote: Great Idea!

What do you guys think of a giant tree that has been grafted to grow every type of berry in existence on different branches. The evil team in my game take over the tree to get a large amount of Starf Berries to help strengthen Regigigas.
Also what do you think of this as Regigigas's battle theme:

I don't think the music is intense enough for a Pokemon battle, or legendary. Also it doesn't really sound fitting for Regigigas but that might just be me. I like the name of Quartzcliff much better than Whitecliff.
The berry tree idea is pretty cool, its a very interesting idea I never thought of. Why is it that you get access to some of the branches and not all of them? How are you being restricted and why does it make sense to allow access to some of the branches because you have 3 badges, and then all of the tree when you are champion?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Radical Raptr's post:
  • pokemaster50000
(01-13-2015, 12:18 PM)Radical Raptr Wrote:
I don't think the music is intense enough for a Pokemon battle, or legendary. Also it doesn't really sound fitting for Regigigas but that might just be me. I like the name of Quartzcliff much better than Whitecliff.
The berry tree idea is pretty cool, its a very interesting idea I never thought of. Why is it that you get access to some of the branches and not all of them? How are you being restricted and why does it make sense to allow access to some of the branches because you have 3 badges, and then all of the tree when you are champion?

You only get access to some branches because it would be really overpowered to get things like Enigma berries before the fourth gym. It's not actually having the badges that makes you able to access the branches it's just that you can't access the tree before the third badge. As for the Regigigas music. It not actually the final battle of the evil team plot. You can only battle and catch Regigigas post-game but you battle it when it's in the evil team leader's team during the game which has much more epic music:

[-] The following 1 user Likes Spluff5's post:
  • pokemaster50000
So I've been thinking of what to do for starters for a game and I don't really want to stick with the grass/water/fire thing. I know it's a staple, but it even feels like it's getting kinda old in the real games. Anyways, I also wanted to stray away from grass/water/fire completely, but the trios don't seem strong without at least one. So my mindset right now is Poison/Grass/Ground. I was debating between using existing Pokemon or making Fakemon, but I'm going with Fakemon because another thing I wanted to do with this is have secondary typing for these Pokemon that haven't been done. I listed them all out, and the only thing grass hasn't been paired with is Fire, so to keep the rock, paper, scissors thing going I worked the other types around that, keeping them as never-before-seen typing. So my trio has come down to being:

Grass/Fire
Ground/Fighting
Poison/Rock

I don't have much more than this, but I did some research on things to eventually base these Fakemon on.

For Grass/Fire: There is a fire-resistant plant called the Toyon Tree. It has bright red Christmas berries on it with long, skinny leaves.
For Poison/Rock: There is a mineral named Torbernite that is radioactive with a cool, geometric shape and green color.
For Ground/Fighting: I don't have anything as a base for this.

I don't know... just ideas that if people wanted to comment on, that'd be super cool.

(I kinda like this idea I have set, and it's the only one I thought about in detail, but I also jotted down two other possible basic trios. Ice vs Flying vs Fighting : Ice vs Ground vs Steel)
[-] The following 1 user Likes PeckanPie's post:
  • pokemaster50000
(01-13-2015, 02:22 PM)Spluff5 Wrote: You can only battle and catch Regigigas post-game but you battle it when it's in the evil team leader's team during the game which has much more epic music:

Do you have permission to use the music you're linking in your game? It wouldn't be hard to obtain if they're fine with it, but you should definitely do that. Especially since this one says to ask before using it in a video.
[Image: wTa79tq.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Deo's post:
  • pokemaster50000
(01-13-2015, 11:25 PM)PeckanPie Wrote: So I've been thinking of what to do for starters for a game and I don't really want to stick with the grass/water/fire thing. I know it's a staple, but it even feels like it's getting kinda old in the real games. Anyways, I also wanted to stray away from grass/water/fire completely, but the trios don't seem strong without at least one. So my mindset right now is Poison/Grass/Ground. I was debating between using existing Pokemon or making Fakemon, but I'm going with Fakemon because another thing I wanted to do with this is have secondary typing for these Pokemon that haven't been done. I listed them all out, and the only thing grass hasn't been paired with is Fire, so to keep the rock, paper, scissors thing going I worked the other types around that, keeping them as never-before-seen typing. So my trio has come down to being:

Grass/Fire
Ground/Fighting
Poison/Rock

I don't have much more than this, but I did some research on things to eventually base these Fakemon on.

For Grass/Fire: There is a fire-resistant plant called the Toyon Tree. It has bright red Christmas berries on it with long, skinny leaves.
For Poison/Rock: There is a mineral named Torbernite that is radioactive with a cool, geometric shape and green color.
For Ground/Fighting: I don't have anything as a base for this.

I don't know... just ideas that if people wanted to comment on, that'd be super cool.

(I kinda like this idea I have set, and it's the only one I thought about in detail, but I also jotted down two other possible basic trios. Ice vs Flying vs Fighting : Ice vs Ground vs Steel)

I've thought a lot on this and came to an interesting line-up

poison/dark - ground/psychic - grass/fighting

The dual type lineup doesn't make the rival have an OP advantage since the trio beats and is beaten by each other.
The pokemon also exist already in Stunky - Baltoy - Shroomish and each only has 1 other evolution.

Alternatively you could create your own fakemon and the tying is the most interesting to work with.
[-] The following 2 users Like Radical Raptr's post:
  • pokemaster50000, SidGames13