Screenshot Showcase - Map Showcase - Project Sandbox
Progressing Projects - Project Showcase

Questions/Feedback Thread
(07-06-2016, 11:36 AM)Dragonite Wrote: I sometimes go through the Unread Post list and sometimes I see threads that I swore I'd been subscribed to previously with new posts, but without any alerts from them. Do thread subscriptions expire after a certain amount of time, or something?

The last forum update (happened on June 22) may have reset your subscriptions, sorry! If you're not getting alerts from those threads then please double check to make you're subscribed to them now.
[Image: u8xRtYU.gif]  [Image: 7hJzmPy.png]  [Image: LiQTRi1.gif]
↓ Sometimes I try writing tutorials ↓
Animating Sprites, Requests, Tilesets, Aesthetics
What Does my Game Need?

I don't remember when I noticed it, but that might have been it. *looks at 214 "new" posts* Seems like I've got some reading to do . . .
Does anybody know how to make the name you assign the player's character (/PN) not appear in the battle text (like "/PN defeated Youngster Joey" and instead say something blocked like "Steve defeated Youngster Joey", eventough you named it /PN, or whatever)?

Also, does anyone know how to assign the player Pokémon without appearing the text "/PN received Eevee!" and then "Would you like to give a nickname to Eevee?"?
Have you ever heard of Pokémon Adamant? If not, you should!
(07-06-2016, 05:29 PM)MadDeodorant Wrote: Does anybody know how to make the name you assign the player's character (/PN) not appear in the battle text (like "/PN defeated Youngster Joey" and instead say something blocked like "Steve defeated Youngster Joey", eventough you named it /PN, or whatever)?

Also, does anyone know how to assign the player Pokémon without appearing the text "/PN received Eevee!" and then "Would you like to give a nickname to Eevee?"?

I think it's because you're using /PN instead of \PN. \ is generally more used with this kind of stuff because nobody uses it in actual in-game text.
Tongue
[Image: 55YTTrh.gif]
(07-06-2016, 05:29 PM)MadDeodorant Wrote: Does anybody know how to make the name you assign the player's character (/PN) not appear in the battle text (like "/PN  defeated Youngster Joey" and instead say something blocked like "Steve defeated Youngster Joey", eventough you named it /PN, or whatever)?

This thread is for Questions/Feedback about Relic Castle, not game questions, those get their own threads here  

As for answers:
  1. I dunno
  2. Try pbAddPokemonSilent(:EEVEE,20) for no message or nicknaming screen, or one of the other methods at the top of this page  Tongue
What Does my Game Need?

Hey there ^^

I like making art and I was wondering if maybe we could start an advertising thread for the forum. If you click here you will see what I'm talking about Smile. I've seen them on a lot of forums and it just allows members to use artwork that is donated to the forums to help bring more members here. I just find it as a fun way to pass time while contributing in some way!

( I attached the link above to just provide an example, hope I'm not breaking any rules)

Thanks,

Mana Smile
I have a question about where to post something. It's more like looking for advice on how to do something rather than a tutorial/resource, but I figure it would also be a way to trade feedback on it...But where would I post a thread about how people organize their thoughts when making a game? Would that go in the basic Game Dev area or...?

I know there are no stupid questions, but I still feel stupid needing to ask. So...thanks in advance?
(07-20-2016, 07:33 PM)Juneberry Wrote: I have a question about where to post something. It's more like looking for advice on how to do something rather than a tutorial/resource, but I figure it would also be a way to trade feedback on it...But where would I post a thread about how people organize their thoughts when making a game? Would that go in the basic Game Dev area or...?

Hey asking if you're not sure where to post is a great thing, thanks!  Smile
What you're describing sounds like it might be...a discussion thread on how different devs organize their game plans? Well I think posting a discussion thread here would be the thing to do then.
What Does my Game Need?

i feel ike im wayyyy too new
(07-20-2016, 08:38 PM)rygonmaker Wrote: i feel ike im wayyyy too new

Well if you have any questions about the forum, how it works or where to find anything, this is the place to ask!
What Does my Game Need?