Screenshot Showcase - Map Showcase - Project Sandbox
Progressing Projects - Project Showcase

Questions/Feedback Thread
A couple suggestions.
Maybe add some more forum categories? I'm not saying go overboard. But maybe make it where's there's more for people to talk about.

Just make the site a bit more unique when it comes to the posting. I'm a web designer, so maybe add a section where people could talk about stuff like that?

Or a section designated for other games? Not just Pokemon. Like I know there's an entertainment section, but perhaps make it a bit more organized? Like sub-forums for movies, music, games, etc. Sure the suffix's help. But me personally, if I have something on my mind and I wanna browse through topics to see if anything there, its a lot more helpful than just having one section for everything.

That's all I got.
(06-01-2016, 11:59 PM)Ryz Wrote: Maybe add some more forum categories? I'm not saying go overboard. But maybe make it where's there's more for people to talk about.

Just make the site a bit more unique when it comes to the posting. I'm a web designer, so maybe add a section where people could talk about stuff like that?

Or a section designated for other games? Not just Pokemon. Like I know there's an entertainment section, but perhaps make it a bit more organized? Like sub-forums for movies, music, games, etc. Sure the suffix's help. But me personally, if I have something on my mind and I wanna browse through topics to see if anything there, its a lot more helpful than just having one section for everything.

Generally when we add new forums and new categories, we make sure it's an organic growth from activity. We can guide the forums a bit and add new ones should we feel we want to grow a particular part of the site, but overall we'd rather have less forums and categories rather than having too many and confusing new users.

While your suggestions are appreciated, they don't really align with this. Entertainment Discussion gets decent activity, but nowhere near enough to warrant any sub-forums. There hasn't been any or much discussion on anything related to web design. Maybe we'll add a Pokemon General forum when we get closer to Sun & Moon, but I don't think that it is necessary right now.

(06-01-2016, 11:59 PM)Ryz Wrote: Or add a section where you could play forum games. Just a tip, if you do the forum games, don't let it count towards post count. People would spam that trying to get their count up.

That's been a thing since the site launched, actually. It wasn't a sub-forum until recently, but it wasn't getting much activity and thus it was moved under General Discussion.
[Image: 6KVlWOs.png]
Check out my public resources!
Custom Day & Night Tones - Gen 2 Overworld Pack
[-] The following 1 user Likes Deo's post:
  • Aki
(06-02-2016, 12:14 AM)Deouen Wrote:
(06-01-2016, 11:59 PM)Ryz Wrote: Maybe add some more forum categories? I'm not saying go overboard. But maybe make it where's there's more for people to talk about.

Generally when we add new forums and new categories, we make sure it's an organic growth from activity. We can guide the forums a bit and add new ones should we feel we want to grow a particular part of the site, but overall we'd rather have less forums and categories rather than having too many and confusing new users.

While your suggestions are appreciated, they don't really align with this. Entertainment Discussion gets decent activity, but nowhere near enough to warrant any sub-forums. There hasn't been any or much discussion on anything related to web design. Maybe we'll add a Pokemon General forum when we get closer to Sun & Moon, but I don't think that it is necessary right now.

(06-01-2016, 11:59 PM)Ryz Wrote: Or add a section where you could play forum games. Just a tip, if you do the forum games, don't let it count towards post count. People would spam that trying to get their count up.

That's been a thing since the site launched, actually. It wasn't a sub-forum until recently, but it wasn't getting much activity and thus it was moved under General Discussion.

Yeah. I noticed that after I posted. Edited it and removed it.  And I see about the others. I would say make a mobile friendly site. But I doubt many people do this on mobile.
For the role in our profile, can we have a text field to say our role when we select Other? For people who get more specific or less common jobs (Tile Artist, Marketing, etc.). Or at least have a "Director" role for people who lead their game and are multiple roles at once.
Tongue
[Image: 55YTTrh.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fontbane's post:
  • Dragonite
Hi,
I'm kind of new to forums and how they work and stuff. I'm trying to get rid of my newbie status so I can ask for help about scripts that I want to implement into my game that I think some people here might be able to help with. Does replying to threads like this help alleviate the newbie status or is there something else I have to do? Sorry if this is a dumb question. I don't fully understand forum sites yet.
[-] The following 1 user Likes At Night's post:
  • Epic
(06-17-2016, 11:17 PM)At Night Wrote: Hi,
I'm kind of new to forums and how they work and stuff. I'm trying to get rid of my newbie status so I can ask for help about scripts that I want to implement into my game that I think some people here might be able to help with. Does replying to threads like this help alleviate the newbie status or is there something else I have to do? Sorry if this is a dumb question. I don't fully understand forum sites yet.

You need to have 10 posts to get rid of the newbie statues. So yes, replying to threads and making posts would eventually get you there. Also note that it sometimes takes a little while to process those 10 posts, so if you're still not able to make those posts after getting 10, just give it a little time.
When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. But that lemonade will taste like crap because life doesn't give you the sugar and the water.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SpartaLazor's post:
  • Aki
Thanks for the help! It was good to know about how it doesn't automatically process the posts too. That probably would've been confusing.
(06-18-2016, 12:19 AM)SpartaLazor Wrote:
(06-17-2016, 11:17 PM)At Night Wrote: Hi,

You need to have 10 posts to get rid of the newbie statues. So yes, replying to threads and making posts would eventually get you there. Also note that it sometimes takes a little while to process those 10 posts, so if you're still not able to make those posts after getting 10, just give it a little time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes At Night's post:
  • Aki
Pretty simple question I hope this isn't something very obvious that I'm missing how do I change my name?
(06-23-2016, 06:02 PM)PokitMonster Wrote: Pretty simple question I hope this isn't something very obvious that I'm missing how do I change my name?

Within your User Control Panel, there's a Change Username link. Alternatively, you can click right here. After submitting a name change request, an administrator must approve it.
[Image: 6KVlWOs.png]
Check out my public resources!
Custom Day & Night Tones - Gen 2 Overworld Pack
I sometimes go through the Unread Post list and sometimes I see threads that I swore I'd been subscribed to previously with new posts, but without any alerts from them. Do thread subscriptions expire after a certain amount of time, or something?