An Important Announcement: Relic Reboot
Screenshot Showcase - Map Showcase - Project Sandbox
Progressing Projects - Project Showcase

Questions/Feedback Thread
Quick question: Are there any certain criteria that a game need to have before getting put into the Project Showcase? I know that it needs to be playable with few or no bugs and glitches, and that there needs to be a good amount of progress done, but is there any other things that are looked at?
Proverbs 3:5
(03-15-2016, 03:00 PM)SpartaLazor Wrote: Quick question: Are there any certain criteria that a game need to have before getting put into the Project Showcase? I know that it needs to be playable with few or no bugs and glitches, and that there needs to be a good amount of progress done, but is there any other things that are looked at?

There's no set criteria other than having a demo that isn't a tech demo/super short. We also try to avoid having extremely broken games in the Showcase. Other than that, the staff privately review each game before it goes into the Showcase and discuss if it belongs there or if it needs some improvement first.

If you're curious about your game, it's next on the list for review but we haven't gotten around to it yet. If in the next couple weeks it still isn't in there, feel free to send us a PM inquiring if there's a reason. We generally don't let the authors know why they haven't been moved unless we're asked.
[Image: 6KVlWOs.png]
Check out my public resources!
Custom Day & Night Tones - Gen 2 Overworld Pack
(03-15-2016, 03:18 PM)Deouen Wrote: There's no set criteria other than having a demo that isn't a tech demo/super short. We also try to avoid having extremely broken games in the Showcase. Other than that, the staff privately review each game before it goes into the Showcase and discuss if it belongs there or if it needs some improvement first.

If you're curious about your game, it's next on the list for review but we haven't gotten around to it yet. If in the next couple weeks it still isn't in there, feel free to send us a PM inquiring if there's a reason. We generally don't let the authors know why they haven't been moved unless we're asked.

Oh wow. Next? That's a lot sooner than I had expected. Would it be too much to ask to move it a little lower down the list? There are still some bugs that I need to work out, and some content to add before hand.
(03-15-2016, 03:26 PM)SpartaLazor Wrote: Oh wow. Next? That's a lot sooner than I had expected. Would it be too much to ask to move it a little lower down the list? There are still some bugs that I need to work out, and some content to add before hand.

Sure, we can wait. Feel free to send us a PM when you're comfortable with us giving it a shot!
(03-15-2016, 03:31 PM)Deouen Wrote: Sure, we can wait. Feel free to send us a PM when you're comfortable with us giving it a shot!

Will do. Thanks!
Not sure if this is where this goes, but I got an error when I tried looking at the list of posts I got liked for. It happens on other people's pages too.

Tongue
[Image: 55YTTrh.gif]
(04-17-2016, 10:58 AM)Platinum Cyndaquil Wrote: Not sure if this is where this goes, but I got an error when I tried looking at the list of posts I got liked for. It happens on other people's pages too.

Very strange, it doesn't do this for me. Either way, I'll look into this. Thanks!
Suggestion: Graphical fan game organization on Relic?

A couple months ago, I made a test site of pokefanworks to make something practical to test HTML, CSS, PHP coding skills. I had displayed each fan game I could find with a picture, short description, and stats, in an easy to read, standardized format. It got some positive feedback, but it was impractical, as I updated all the stats myself

Instituting this type of thing in a center for fangames, however, would be very practical. Each user could have and manage their own game format, and update it themselves, registered to a relic account. Games could be all displayed, in random or sorted order, for someone to find, pick, and choose a game to play, without needing to stare at blocks of text to get to a download link.

Basically, simplicity.

However, there are a few issues. This could lead to more unwanted attention. It would also require someone with professional web design skills. That's not me Tongue
The play of the internet goes on, and I haven't contributed a single verse.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNchino's post:
  • Involuntary Twitch
I'm having trouble posting to the Screenshot Showcase.
(05-23-2016, 04:50 PM)Zen Mode Wrote: I'm having trouble posting to the Screenshot Showcase.

Hi Zen Mode!  Smile
What exactly is the issue you're having? Is it just making a post, or something to do with adding an image to your post maybe...?
[Image: u8xRtYU.gif]  [Image: 7hJzmPy.png]  [Image: LiQTRi1.gif]
↓ Sometimes I try writing tutorials ↓
Animating Sprites, Requests, Tilesets, Aesthetics
What Does my Game Need?