Screenshot Showcase
Star 
Screenshot Showcase

This is a thread for members to seek feedback on screenshots of all sorts from other members, whether you have a separate thread for your project or not. There are no set in stone guidelines for how to give feedback, but I will provide some suggestions and an example post.
  • If you notice something that has been posted but hasn't received any feedback please consider providing the poster with some form of feedback before you move onto later posts.

• Try not to focus on small, easily-corrected mistakes. This goes for both tile errors, tree shading, and grammatical/spelling errors - feel free to bring them up, but be sure to not make them the focal point of your feedback.

• If you are posting multiple screenshots that requires one to scroll to get through them all please consider enclosing them in spoiler tags or linking to them (via imgur or some other image sharing service) instead of cluttering up the page.

• The rules that govern the rest of the forum also govern this thread, try to refrain from posting short posts and instead take the time to provide worthwhile feedback to other developers.

Bad Feedback
Fake Yuoaman Wrote:
Fake Atomic Reactor Wrote:Hey, guys, got a new screenshot from my game for you to take a peek at today! Any feedback would be appreciated!

[Image: 1KYQ2zJ.png]

i like it

Good Feedback
Fake Yuoaman Wrote:
Fake Atomic Reactor Wrote:Hey, guys, got a new screenshot from my game for you to take a peek at today! Any feedback would be appreciated!

[Image: 1KYQ2zJ.png]

It's looking good, Atomic Reactor! I quite like seeing FRLG tiles being used in a game and from what I can see of the town you seem to be skilled at utilizing them. My only suggestion is that it might be an interesting idea to colorize Pokemon names like "Haunter" in the text box to make them stand out more. It's definitely not required, however, just an idea, good work and good luck!

That's about it, good luck and have fun sharing your work with the community!
I was working on a gimmick where the player would be able to either find bushes with openings, or use a move to create a small opening, and inside would be a Pokemon nest.
I haven't ironed out the details but here's what the inside would look like
[Image: sneak_peek__not_dead__eggs__by_theeatero...8avwk3.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Radical Raptr's post:
  • ReyJusTer
Interesting, would this feature be similar to the Hidden Grotto feature from Black and White 2? I'd recommend maybe varying the interior of the nests a little bit, with some different ground texture, rocks, and other elements to keep them from looking bland. I think it could definitely be a pretty interesting feature though.
I agree with what Yuoaman said, and other than that it looks nice. There's not too much to comment on though haha.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Atomic Reactor's post:
  • PokemasterTERI
(01-08-2015, 09:51 PM)Yuoaman Wrote: Interesting, would this feature be similar to the Hidden Grotto feature from Black and White 2? I'd recommend maybe varying the interior of the nests a little bit, with some different ground texture, rocks, and other elements to keep them from looking bland. I think it could definitely be a pretty interesting feature though.

Yes, I was inspired by the grottos and decided to make something similar. They would contain either a rare/hard to find pokemon - a pokemon from that route or area - or a pokemon from another region that could live in that route. The pokemon would have a hidden ability, and eggmove, above average IV's or some combination of the three. And the egg would respawn periodically, perhaps once a week or so. At least that's the general idea, it's hard to draw the line from just giving away pokemon to the player for free and making it fair, and trying to have it make sense. Ie, why would a pokemon leave their egg for a trainer to find? Why would more eggs show up if one has already been taken, etc.
I like the idea, and it's a neat way to get surprise special pokemon. You could have the mother defend the egg at some points, or even the father, I don't care what parent it is honestly.
(01-08-2015, 10:19 PM)Atomic Reactor Wrote: I like the idea, and it's a neat way to get surprise special pokemon. You could have the mother defend the egg at some points, or even the father, I don't care what parent it is honestly.
Or maybe it's an abandoned egg and a number of other Pokemon of the same species are protecting it... I really like this idea, though. Can't wait to see what you do with it.
[Image: wTa79tq.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Deo's post:
  • PokemasterTERI
(01-08-2015, 10:23 PM)Deouen Wrote:
(01-08-2015, 10:19 PM)Atomic Reactor Wrote: I like the idea, and it's a neat way to get surprise special pokemon. You could have the mother defend the egg at some points, or even the father, I don't care what parent it is honestly.
Or maybe it's an abandoned egg and a number of other Pokemon of the same species are protecting it... I really like this idea, though. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

I like these ideas, I could have it be a semi regenerating nest - I looked up Grottos, and it regenerates after about 256 steps and is a random range of pokemon or items, so working with something like that should be fine. I really like the idea of the nest not always being abandoned, and prompting the player with a battle against the pokemon living there upon entering.
Thanks for the ideas! I hadn't thought this idea through much further than finding an egg in a bush, so this helped a lot.
(01-08-2015, 10:36 PM)Radical Raptr Wrote:
(01-08-2015, 10:23 PM)Deouen Wrote:

I like these ideas, I could have it be a semi regenerating nest - I looked up Grottos, and it regenerates after about 256 steps and is a random range of pokemon or items, so working with something like that should be fine. I really like the idea of the nest not always being abandoned, and prompting the player with a battle against the pokemon living there upon entering.
Thanks for the ideas! I hadn't thought this idea through much further than finding an egg in a bush, so this helped a lot.

Seems very interesting,you could have a timer set up in which if the player does not beat the opponent pokemon in ???? amount of time the other pokemon/egg are taken away
For Fun

[Image: 2wq7i82.png]
[-] The following 4 users Like Worldslayer608's post:
  • DaybreakM, lilbluedemon, PokemasterTERI, Zerkrom the Hedgehog