Demo Pokémon Plastic Pyrite
Wink 
WELCOME TO THE CAPTOAD REGION

"What's up?" ~Oak

Hey everybody  welcome to a brand new world filled with Pokémon you've maybe probably never seen!

PLOT:
You start in a brand-new world as either Radical Red or Fashion Passion Leafy. Today is the day you get your starter!
Unbeknownst to you, the happy-go-lucky Professor Oak has a secret up his sleeve:
NEW STARTERS!!!!!!!!!

The Captoad region is filled with many adventures that you'll need to discover on your own!

FEATURES:

There's pretty much no plot

There's over 20 FAKEMON
I sprited them. Front, back, & the little menu ones too. All in a month.
I made the cries too...

There's maybe two original moves

SCREENSHOTS:

[Image: DJOJ7mU.jpg][Image: nEuKvZw.png]
[Image: d1dZZ63.png][Image: FhazGfn.png]
[Image: EPGnUCb.png][Image: jKIgIGK.png]
[Image: W5LDAnU.png][Image: F4iry0O.png]

Credits:

Made with RPGMaker XP and Pokémon Essentials. This game was made using the resources and tutorials from the Essentials wiki.
All resources are from the 16.2 download.

Thanks to Deo saving the day, helping with the Pokedex, the "mom", & a whole bunch of other bugs!!!!

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST VERSION HERE:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/dndgxc...eBETA2.zip
Fixes various bugs, the Pokedex works(!), updated cries, stats, level-up movesets, trainers have been balanced, some maps updated, & more!
No new Pokemon or new areas were added. This update was mainly to squash bugs first.

The original entry: https://www.mediafire.com/?a6vntgvq3f6lkym

LET'S PLAYS:

Here's some playthroughs of Plastic Pyrite by some great fellas!!!!!

Atomic Reactor streamed a bit of the first release: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ94LZ6hEgM
awesumsauce1 gets into a kinds of wacky scenarios: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MKbK4RFVOc
MrLance228's nicknames will soothe your soul: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ypPUnGqzaM
(Let me know if you started a Let's Play!)

BETA 2 BUGS/THINGS TO FIX:
(please save often & report any weirdo things you find!)

-lower a few trainer levels
-lower a few wild Pokemon levels, too
-some trainers have Pokemon with moves that they can only get later on

BUGS IN THE ORIGINAL ENTRY:
(please save often I don't want y'all losing progress!)

-Don't pick up the Pokedex in Oak's Lab! I never figured out how to get an NPC to give it to you but I really wanted it to work 'cuz I put Pokedex entries for everything so I just tossed it to the side & didn't realize it glitched the game! It like, crashes the game if you catch something.
-If you get a game over before healing at Alagolaso Town you'll get trapped in one of mom's infinite loops
-Monogre evolves into itself. Every level. Unless you want to use an unevolved Monogre then just go for it.
-The Termini for a Stribite trade in doesn't work even if you have a Termini. Kind of rude of the guy to say "You don't have a Termini?!?" when you clearly do.
-The Sinnoh Underground Minigame guy in the Funglace Cavern is just copy+pasted from the "demo" area, haha
-Dig/some multi-hit moves go on an infinite loop
[-] The following 7 users Like NuclearOmega's post:
  • Dawn Bronze, Deo, Fontbane, Hukon, Kiedisticelixer, Mantager, SimonX
Cool! I remember seeing the sprites made on a live stream, So far the image show only 2 starters even though it might be because one is chosen, now I wonder who named Tailith? Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Taquillastudios's post:
  • NuclearOmega
When I got K-O'd, and the "game over switch is turning off" thing played, I got stuck in a loop where that dialogue kept repeating itself. Was that intentional?
[-] The following 1 user Likes SmokedPaprika's post:
  • NuclearOmega
I have to admit that I didn't play this game personally, but I watched someone else do so and I feel like maybe I should just go for it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Yuoaman's post:
  • NuclearOmega
I think it's great that you were able to get Fake mob in a Game Jam game, well designed ones at that! I'll definitely give it a try once I can get to my computer! Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fontbane's post:
  • NuclearOmega
So, I think the most impressive thing about the game so far are all the nice designs you've done for the game - it's impressive that you did all of this within a month. I think the music choices you use are also very pleasant, and give the game a nice atmosphere - especially song that plays when you win. However, once you reach and get past the first gym, the difficulty seems to spike up, and it isn't as fun to play. As much as I want to explore the setting more, not knowing when it ends and how much I'll need to grind, as well as my Monogre seeming to evolve into Monogre every single level (it got fainted at level 20 - is that when it was properly supposed to evolve?) just makes it exhausting at this point. I don't think I'm going to be able to finish it.

Good job, however! I can see you put a lot of work into the game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SmokedPaprika's post:
  • NuclearOmega
Big Grin 
(08-11-2016, 04:13 AM)Takuastudios Wrote: Cool! I remember seeing the sprites made on a live stream, So far the image show only 2 starters even though it might be because one is chosen, now I wonder who named Tailith? Smile
Yes! Thank you! I really want to stream when I'm making designs/naming again sometime! It really helps.

(08-14-2016, 10:39 PM)SmokedPaprika Wrote: When I got K-O'd, and the "game over switch is turning off" thing played, I got stuck in a loop where that dialogue kept repeating itself. Was that intentional?
Yeah it only happens if you lose before getting to the first town's Pokemon Center, I think. I couldn't figure out to not make that happen, so I made it loop. Sorry about that! I think I'll add a "bugs" area on the first post in a bit.

(08-14-2016, 11:44 PM)Yuoaman Wrote: I have to admit that I didn't play this game personally, but I watched someone else do so and I feel like maybe I should just go for it.
Who played it???? Was it streamed somewhere?????? "just go for it!" Cool (that's from Viewtiful Joe, for anyone wondering)

(08-15-2016, 05:09 AM)Fontbane Wrote: I think it's great that you were able to get Fake mob in a Game Jam game, well designed ones at that! I'll definitely give it a try once I can get to my computer! Smile
Thanks for the kind words! Some of the sprites are half-done to be honest 'cuz I was running out of time, but do check it out when you get a chance!

(08-15-2016, 09:56 PM)SmokedPaprika Wrote: So, I think the most impressive thing about the game so far are all the nice designs you've done for the game - it's impressive that you did all of this within a month. I think the music choices you use are also very pleasant, and give the game a nice atmosphere - especially song that plays when you win. However, once you reach and get past the first gym, the difficulty seems to spike up, and it isn't as fun to play. As much as I want to explore the setting more, not knowing when it ends and how much I'll need to grind, as well as my Monogre seeming to evolve into Monogre every single level (it got fainted at level 20 - is that when it was properly supposed to evolve?) just makes it exhausting at this point. I don't think I'm going to be able to finish it.

Good job, however! I can see you put a lot of work into the game.
Thank you! I'm a rather slow designer & spriter so that took up even more of the Game Jam's time for me! There were a few Pokemon that I designed but didn't like how they came out by the time I started spriting (Rock/Fairy gargoyle, Fairy chocolate bunny, Bug/Steel ladybug, & some others), but by the end of July I only finished 19 & then started to map the game out.

The areas before the first gym are the areas that I actually play-tested, but the rest was all hypothetical 'cuz I ran out of time, haha. The trainers after that area were added on the last two days & some of them are out of order & I had to delete some 'cuz I glitched the game out with some of them (fixed it though!).
Also I only practiced the game using Tailith & Soarrel, oops. Monogre does have an evolution, though. Sorry! I'll put out a patch of sorts soon... Not to be apart of the Game Jam, just to fix the game.

----------------

Thanks everyone for playing! This is the first game I've ever put out & I'm really proud of what I accomplished. With that said, I'm working on a patch to fix the difficulty & more!!!!!
OMG I found a shiny Termini while i was traning for the first gym! It looks really werid, but its still awesome! This is for sure the best fan game ive played so far, I hope you keep updating the game cuz I really wanna keep playing! Keep up the awesome work, and i cant wait to see more from you!
(08-21-2016, 02:47 AM)SimonX Wrote: OMG I found a shiny Termini while i was traning for the first gym! It looks really werid, but its still awesome! This is for sure the best fan game ive played so far, I hope you keep updating the game cuz I really wanna keep playing! Keep up the awesome work, and i cant wait to see more from you!

Wow, congrats! You're the first person to report finding a shiny!!!!!! Unfortunately I haven't actually added shiny sprites for anything yet... I just inverted the colors! I'm so sorry it looks so bad!! Despite that, it's cool you got one 'cuz it's still a 1 out 8192 chance of encountering one!

Thank you for the kind words, by the way. Because of the great feedback I've been getting, I plan on updating the game as often as I can, with a new thread on the Project Showcase section here once I have a new update ready! My goal at the moment is to have as many Fakemon as I can, 10 badges, & a story! Maybe.
[-] The following 1 user Likes NuclearOmega's post:
  • Aki
(08-22-2016, 09:11 AM)NuclearOmega Wrote: Because of the great feedback I've been getting, I plan on updating the game as often as I can, with a new thread on the Project Showcase section here once I have a new update ready!

One of the reasons we had Game Jam entries submitted through their own threads this year (besides the fact that it's crazy easier to keep track of everything) is that we can move them all to Progressing Projects afterwords. So you won't have to start fresh and get anew thread approved, you'll be able to keep this one and of course make the edits you want.  Smile
[Image: wTa79tq.png]  

[-] The following 2 users Like Aki's post:
  • Fontbane, NuclearOmega