An Important Announcement: Relic Reboot
Screenshot Showcase - Map Showcase - Project Sandbox
Progressing Projects - Project Showcase

Completed Pokémon Rose Gold

Pokémon Rose Gold
[Image: 7CQKNiX.png]

This game was made using Pokemon Essentials and RPG Maker XP

Plot:

Playing from the perspective of Red, adventure around a new small area around Mt.Silver. Following the events of FireRed and LeafGreen several years later, Red stays up in the Tohjo region to train his beloved team. Use his long time companions to face tough foes and legendary creatures in this short journey through the Tohjo Region. Approximately 1.5 - 2 hours of gameplay.

[Image: 7LDkZQG.png]
[Image: F1Ah52U.png]

Notes:
   This game was made just over the span of a month for Relic Castles 2016 Game Jam. There are a few things I would have liked to improve, but alas, here we are, at the deadline. Other than the things I'd fix or add, I think it turned out to be a pretty solid project, and I hope you all enjoy it.

-The game ends after you battle the last boss on the top of Mt.Silver. But, a few more events open up after that if you want to go find them (3 legendaries and 2 battles).
-I'd suggest playing with battle animation off. I didn't make any for this game, so it's all mediocre stock animations, plus the battles are faster with them off.
-I'd suggest playing with Shift style set to off for added challenge.
-Most bugs have been fixed (other than graphic glitches in the battle system) but please report any you find!
-Check your PC at the beginning of the game.

Credits:

Special thanks to Cilerba and Kiedisticelixer for lending a hand to the project getting finished.

[Sprites and Tiles]
Nintendo/Gamefreak
Zeo
Dragoon
Magic-Scarf
The-Red-eX (most of the tiles came from them)
TheGreatBlaid

[Scripts]
Maruno (game wouldn't be possible without the Essentials kit by Maruno)
Poccil
Luka SJ
mej71
Kleinstudio
Poccil

Download:

http://goo.gl/P9S54U
Just finished playing it and it was a lot of fun! I think it was a really creative idea, and you pulled it off really well. I loved the idea of the Tojho Region, it was awesome that it kinda expanded on the idea of Tojho Falls in GSC. The mapping was of course top notch, and I wouldn't really expect anything less from you! (and the fact that the areas were all named after fan games was also really cool!) Really loved the tile choices too, they all worked really well together and were lovely and vibrant.

Another thing I liked was the battles with the important trainers. They were just the right level of difficulty that they were kinda hard but still fun for me! Seeing Gym leaders pop up was pretty exciting too! I don't wanna spoil the ending for anyone, but I thought it was really clever and it made me smile Wink

Overall I think this game was really well made, especially considering the time constraints f the Jam, and I had a lot of fun playing it! Excellent job! Big Grin
[Image: 7jayddj.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dawn Bronze's post:
  • Atomic Reactor
@Dawn Bronze: Thanks dude, glad you enjoyed it!
Hey guys, I updated the download link to fix a few bugs and add a few more interactable objects. I also changed something in the EBS settings to un-blur the backgrounds and have them show as they were meant to be.
[Image: F1Ah52U.png]

I hope you guys enjoy/have enjoyed it, please feel free to let me know what you thought.
[-] The following 3 users Like Atomic Reactor's post:
  • Dawn Bronze, tomix9tomix, Zitowski
great [Image: mL7fFof.png]
My Twitter
Also known as raspinen on other platforms
I came across that error when I tested it but was unable to trigger it again. You should be able to just step off of it.
Hey I updated the game. I fixed all known bugs, reworked some events and also added more object interaction and a few more NPCs, along with some more post-game content. Post-game content is unlocked once the credits roll, which happen after you beat the final boss at the Mt.Silver summit.

Please let me know if there are any bugs, and please also let me know what your thoughts on the game are. Hope you enjoy it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Atomic Reactor's post:
  • Kiedisticelixer
Just finished the main game and I was thoroughly impressed- a very well-done microgame! Though I honestly have no idea how to find those remaining 3 legendaries... lol
I caught Ho-Oh and beat Koga, Falkner, Blue/Gary, Gold, and even that random reoccurring hiker fellow but am utterly lost at the rest.
That and when I picked up the suitcase in the cave it vanished from the game so I can't return it to the professor or the aide so that miiight be an issue but aside from that I had a fun time!
[-] The following 1 user Likes JBro63pt9's post:
  • Atomic Reactor
Awesome, glad you enjoyed it! You'll have to download the update to fix that suitcase issue. And the remaining legendaries are only in the most recent update. Jameson should be on Silver Canyon, and the remaining legendaries will appear at the peak, summit, and Marigold Path! (They should anyway) How was the challenge for you, what was your final team like, and how long did it take you?
(08-27-2016, 06:53 PM)Atomic Reactor Wrote: Awesome, glad you enjoyed it! You'll have to download the update to fix that suitcase issue. And the remaining legendaries are only in the most recent update. Jameson should be on Silver Canyon, and the remaining legendaries will appear at the peak, summit, and Marigold Path! (They should anyway) How was the challenge for you, what was your final team like, and how long did it take you?

Challenge was just-right, final team was just the team I started with since it's iconic and all the held items I found along the way made it more useful than it started, and it took me... maybe 2 hours? I can't recall.
And got it, I'll look for them when I'm not busy and actually get the update haha
[-] The following 1 user Likes JBro63pt9's post:
  • Atomic Reactor
Hey atomic reactor are you doing a planned release date or will you release it when you are done?