Screenshot Showcase - Map Showcase - Project Sandbox
Progressing Projects - Project Showcase

Completed The Mysterious Island
The Mysterious Island

HAHA! 
Welcome to The Mysterious Island!
You wake up on a deserted island with no land in sight for miles. What secrets could this island hold? There's only one way to find out! You must explore!

This was made obviously for the Game Jam. I found out about the jam 5 days ago and got straight to work. Because of this it's pretty short. BUT! It's still packed full with fun and adventure!

Screen Shots:

[Image: 9gHsOIU.png][Image: uQ3XbGn.png][Image: So3q2jY.png][Image: WLdbvVh.png][Image: KVuPg1I.png]

Well hopefully those all load!

Anyway it was made in RPG Maker XP with the Pokemon Essentials base tilesets because I was pretty low on time. This was also my very first fan game ever SO THAT'S COOL!

Anyway here is the almighty DOWNLOAD LINK!

All credit goes to the people who made Essentials. THANKS GUYS!
Also special thanks to Atomic Reactor. You tutorial series helped me greatly!

Well I really hope you guys like it. Have fun discovering the mystery of the island!
 [Image: 2MfCssn.png] 
The future of Pokemon ladies and gentlemen!
[-] The following 3 users Like TheTurtleDuckMan's post:
  • NoodlesButt, xCamero, zxo456712
that was a fun little game. it was very well done.
(08-10-2016, 12:19 PM)zxo456712 Wrote: that was a fun little game. it was very well done.

Thanks so much. I'm glad you liked it!
And, I just played through it. I thought the ending was cute, if not a little underwhelming. I enjoyed the ice puzzle quite a bit, and some of the battles were interesting. I think what you need to watch out for is leaving that Dugtrio battle to luck. It's a matter of - will they land a critical hand? Will I land a critical hit? Will they use astonish, and will I flinch?

I really liked the effect you used whenever I'd go into a new room, the door would shut, and the screen would shake - it gave a feeling of atmosphere to the game.

Good job.
(08-11-2016, 10:10 AM)SmokedPaprika Wrote: And, I just played through it. I thought the ending was cute, if not a little underwhelming. I enjoyed the ice puzzle quite a bit, and some of the battles were interesting. I think what you need to watch out for is leaving that Dugtrio battle to luck. It's a matter of - will they land a critical hand? Will I land a critical hit? Will they use astonish, and will I flinch?

I really liked the effect you used whenever I'd go into a new room, the door would shut, and the screen would shake - it gave a feeling of atmosphere to the game.

Good job.

Thanks a bunch! Yeah I went for lower levels on the "starters" which makes the battle a little trickier since it's usually only 2 hits until someone faints. Either way I'm glad you liked it!
Yes there's a enjoyment on playing.

It looks really interesting. I love the plot and the concept and idea behind it. However, there are a few things I would like to mention.

1. I feel like the maps are a bit untidy. Especially the one where you have half brown and half white. If I was playing that game, that would really turn me off.

2. The maps look a bit boring. Especially the cavern of Echoes. Maybe add some rocks to give it a better feel.

3. You've missed out the top bits of some things. One statue is missing it's head.

Other than that, sounds and looks great. (Sorry if I'm being a bit harsh.)