Completed Pokémon Umber
Pokémon Umber

[Image: 1vCzYUk.png]

[Image: 5znQ3I5.png]

Here's my entry, Pokémon Umber. You and your friend Kezia have taken a trip to the harsh Umber Island (based on the real life island of Tenerife, with the Pokémon that spawn there in Pokémon GO inspiring what you can find in the game!) with to practice your Pokémon training skills and become stronger trainers. At first, it seems like the two of you are in for a challenging but fun vacation, yet before long something dangerous and powerful threatens to destroy the entire island...

I made this game was made using RMXP and Pokémon Essentials

This was a lot of fun to make! I think I was a bit over ambitious, and I nearly ran out of time. I even had to take my laptop on holiday so I could finish it before the deadline! I apologize if it seems a bit unpolished in some areas, unfortunately I didn't leave myself enough time for very much polishing. I've learnt so so much about making a game with RMXP and Essentials from this, I seriously didn't know anything before starting (much less than I thought I did, actually) but now I feel a lot more able and confident. Smile I thought I should also point out that there are a few things to do after you've finished the main story! Head back to Mt. Umber, Malachite Well and the newly unlocked Underwater area in Lapis Cape for a surprise!

[-] The following 8 users Like Dawn Bronze's post:
  • Atomic Reactor, Epic, Fontbane, Hukon, Kiedisticelixer, NoodlesButt, NuclearOmega, xCamero
Wow I love game jams! infact I participated in a few my self I am playong this game already and it is very good! thanks
So far I am impressed about are the screenshots you have so far, the first two especially, I like that you made the illusion of a mountain that is far away, I think I will definitely will try to find the chance the play! Good job Dawn!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Taquillastudios's post:
  • Dawn Bronze
This game is superb <3
But, I got stock here:
[Image: PtJGRE.jpg]

The character got locked in place. :c
It's on Verdigris Trial.
Also, Meowth uses Charizard's cry? :|
@lilbluedemon Glad you're enjoying it! Sorry about that! If you go into playtest mode and hold the control key, you can just get yourself unstuck Smile I guess the cry thing was just an accident from when I reordered the Pokedex.
Great work! I like that you are able to include so many different biomes but maintained the volcanic island theme in the details throughout to keep it one big cohesive environment.
[-] The following 1 user Likes boris_morris's post:
  • Dawn Bronze
Dawn, I think that you should watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF4_sPZRjV8. Your game had quite a few flaws, but I'm loving the plot so far and I can't wait to play the game. Just touch up on the flaws.
@Tyler_Dengler I've seen it already, actually. There are quite a lot of flaws, like I said in the thread I did t leave myself enough time for polishing. Luckily none of them are game breaking, so there's that I guess Tongue
That was a nice experience - I enjoyed the setting, and the difficultly levels were never too high or too low, so the game itself always felt nice and balanced. I'll say that the story behind the setting wasn't particularly engrossing, but that's not really a big deal at all, since it's clear that this game is more about the atmosphere and experience than it is the writing. I will say that the game is unbeatable, however.

So, good job on making a very nice looking game! Hope you can work some of the problems out. 

Here's a folder with some various screenshots focusing on errors:
https://www.mediafire.com/?bfdb0c5inpbplnc
@SmokedPaprika Thanks very much for playing! Sorry for all the errors, I just ran out of time for polishing Sad I'm really glad you enjoyed the setting; that was the main thing I focused on and thought about when making this game. About being able to catch Suicune...I tried to use a script that would make it impossible to catch it, but unfortunately it wouldn't work with with EBS. I said not to catch it in the original post, that's really the best I can do. A fix for most of these bugs will hopefully be released soon, though!

.:UPDATE:.
I fixed a few errors, such as spelling mistakes, the stairs being game breaking, and a few other miscellaneous things. I even made it so the Guardians will be uncatchable! Here's the new download link: