Completed Operation Strike Back
Operation Strike Back
Fall in line! You maggots want to be a part of Team Rocket? Well, it's not going to be easy! Not only are we facing the law, but others against the law as well! We've failed two times too many, our time is now! Today, we strike back!
Take on the role of your enemies and move up the ranks in Team Rocket! Will you be able to reach the Leader rank and launch Operation Strike Back or will your plans be foiled?
Screenshots
[Image: L0INF3nm.png][Image: Hu1YbCxm.png][Image: G0h99IQm.png][Image: tVwPS1vm.png][Image: oGwKzXEm.png]

Current version: 1.2
Two hours worth of gameplay!
Disclaimer: Parts can be very challenging. The whole point of this is to give you a real perspective as to what it's like to be the fodder of an evil team. In case you do not like a challenge an easy mode is available. Easy mode will open the Rocket Shop at the Receptionist's desk. Be sure to abuse this if you are having trouble. (Mostly recommended for the final objectives)
Made Using
RPG Maker XP
Pokémon Essentials
Team
FlamingFalcon
MeetYourReaper
Notes
This game is only half of what I originally planned out, but due to time restraints I figured it'd be better to reduce it to have a beginning and an end and less content than more objectives and no ending. Expect an update some day in the far future with double the content! Wink

Credits
Pokémon Essentials
Maruno
Poccil
Flameguru
Music
"Mewtwo's Theme" (Pokémon Suite) - Mewtwo Strikes Back
Overworld Sprites
Daz
Dragoon
Spacemotion
Battle Sprites
EmmaRoak
Eevee
Zhen Lin
pika
Pipian
Paperfairy
Nx-Kun
Lemon
HackMew
Tilesets
Alucus
Kyle Dove
Dewitty
CNC
zetavares852
Lightbulb15
Warpras
Heavy-Metal-Lover
UltimoSpriter
TyranitarDark
Alien95
DarkDragonn
Jotaaz
WesleyFG
PeekyChew
Godofthesky
LTSeraa
DonLawride
Chae
BenGames
Misc. Art
MeetYourReaper
CoolTrainerM
FlamingFalcon
Special Thanks To
The Pokémon Company
MyBoiBeanie
PiplupBubbles
Relic Castle
[-] The following 7 users Like FlamingFalcon's post:
  • Dawn Bronze, Epic, Kiedisticelixer, lavellan, PokemonZest, TheOminousJephed, xCamero
When i tried to download the game it said permission was denied. Any help would be appreciated as I would like to play the game
Update: The game is back up for download. If you didn't see the comment before I'll recap.
Due to the time crunch we completely forgot about legality issues causing the game to be taken down. We have fixed these and highly encourage everyone looking to record or share the game to use version 1.01 instead. The credits won't make as much sense anymore as they won't line up with the song, but it's better than nothing. Thank you all for the support. Being our first game this is a learning experience and I couldn't be more glad that it happened now and not on our final product.
So just to summarize: Please download version 1.01 and play that instead! Very little is different but it's still important!

(08-08-2016, 04:12 PM)zxo456712 Wrote: When i tried to download the game it said permission was denied. Any help would be appreciated as I would like to play the game

Problem is fixed now, we apologize for the inconvenience.
(08-08-2016, 07:11 PM)FlamingFalcon Wrote: Update: The game is back up for download. If you didn't see the comment before I'll recap.
Due to the time crunch we completely forgot about legality issues causing the game to be taken down. We have fixed these and highly encourage everyone looking to record or share the game to use version 1.01 instead. The credits won't make as much sense anymore as they won't line up with the song, but it's better than nothing. Thank you all for the support. Being our first game this is a learning experience and I couldn't be more glad that it happened now and not on our final product.
So just to summarize: Please download version 1.01 and play that instead! Very little is different but it's still important!

(08-08-2016, 04:12 PM)zxo456712 Wrote: When i tried to download the game it said permission was denied. Any help would be appreciated as I would like to play the game

Problem is fixed now, we apologize for the inconvenience.

thank you very much
The legality problem (and only difference between version 1.0 and 1.01) is that at the very end of the game the credits will no longer contain the song "Tears of Life". Instead it will just be the title theme. It won't fit as well but it's better than silence and a quick fix. In the future I hope to compose my own song to use for the credits anyways!
Sorry for keeping it down low, was just overwhelmed with everything happening. I hope you all enjoy the game!

Just a friendly reminder to everyone playing/planning on playing:
Be sure to check the "Info" section of the objectives before jumping right in! They contain a lot of valuable information!
Also, don't worry about healing, you will be healed before every objective!
Hope you're having fun, recruits!
[-] The following 1 user Likes FlamingFalcon's post:
  • Dragonite
I don't think the game is working properly for me. I made it to the final mission to capture Giratina, but when the Team Rocket member is explaining the mission, the dialog stops but the music is still playing and I can't move. Is there any reason that this issue could be occurring? I am on version 1.01
(08-11-2016, 09:28 AM)TheGrapeTyphlosion Wrote: I don't think the game is working properly for me.   I made it to the final mission to capture Giratina, but when the Team Rocket member is explaining the mission, the dialog stops but the music is still playing and I can't move.  Is there any reason that this issue could be occurring?  I am on version 1.01

Bug has been fixed! I added something new right before release without play testing it... It was supposed to add more character so the scene didn't get really boring since it's a mountain of dialogue.
Download the newest version 1.1 and the game should be completable. Thank you to everyone for the bug reports!
Also shout out to the judges for giving us this day of grace for bug fixes!
Alright, so I played through the game, and I have to say, despite what you told me about difficulty, I didn't really have any problems with the challenge up until the very final boss - Zapdos using Roost against a team that can't take away more than half its damage in one hit, when Pressure makes sure Stone Edge won't do much of anything, is just plain unfair - it did nothing for Zapdos but stall, which made the final battle less fun.

I enjoyed the mission and rank-up feature: even though it's something that's often done in video games, it kept the experience moving forward just enough for me to want to keep playing, and the intrigue as to what would happen next with each new rank-up and mission was fun, but the writing and planning could have been a little firmer. I had a hard time understand some plot points in the game - why are Red and Juniper acting as rank-up leaders? Why aren't there any Team Rocket members doing that instead? Why is the option to overthrow Giovanni and become the new leader even there? There are plenty of people in Team Rocket that could be fun to battle, so why are we using characters outside of the team for this?

Also:

Still, it was a fun experience, so, good job on making it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes SmokedPaprika's post:
  • FlamingFalcon
Version 1.2 is out now!
I am hoping/planning on this being the final update for a long while. The next update (unless said otherwise) will be a long while from now with a completely revamped system.

(08-16-2016, 09:01 AM)SmokedPaprika Wrote:

The Zapdos stuff as well as some other Pokémon on the Final Team have been nerfed. The whole Red and Jupiter Rank Leaders have also been explained now, it was kind of explained prior but done in a very bad fashion.
Other than that half of the plot stuff, yeah... I focused more on gameplay aspects instead of plot. The only reason I did this was because I really felt like I had more room to improve my eventing since all I've been doing on my main project was mapping and story. To be honest, all of Strike Back's story was written the week before the due date and we kind of just tossed it in and hoped for the best. Like most games and movies there will be plot holes but oh well, all that matters is that I walked out of here being a better developer.

Thank you for everything, I've been lacking constructive criticism and will be sure to fix it in my main game and my next years entry!
Enjoyable and fresh, but I got stuck at the RGBYOP riddle, and I could not save in that map NOR exit/cancel the mission, so there goes my entire playthrough :- (
The new Relic Castle is now open! Come join us!
[Image: FpCEdd9.gif]