Screenshot Showcase - Map Showcase - Project Sandbox
Progressing Projects - Project Showcase

Demo Pokemon Bonfire Stories
[Image: HEA6xSU.gif]
Alright here's my entry for the Relic Castle Game Jam #2!
I call it Pokemon Bonfire Stories, and it's about a group of friends telling each other some creepy short stories while hanging out at a bonfire. (very creative title I know)
The basic premise of the game is that you travel from a hub world (the bonfire) into these unrelated worlds with new characters and environments that aren't related to each other. You're returned to the hub once you get to the end of the story. It doesn't matter much what order you play the stories in, as nothing carries over between them except TMs. If you're going for completion based on collecting all the TMs, there is a text file included to tell you which ones are in each story. It doesn't tell you where to find them though! One last note: you can only play each story once, because resetting everything for multiple playthroughs is beyond me. You'll have to start a new game if you want to go back or play in a different order.

[Image: Se5jQeH.gif][Image: TFNePb1.gif]
[Image: Grey0QY.gif][Image: opfESeo.gif]
[Image: o1cFmIN.gif]
Here is the download link!
This game was made using RPG Maker XP and Pokemon Essentials.
As for the team on this game it's pretty much just me, but I've got to give a very big thank you to @Deo for helping me out.  Pleased
Here's a link to the resources I made for this game, if you're interested. (It's mostly fogs and the player characters)
There was originally 4 stories but I cut it down to 3 of them. Don't know if I'll add the 4th in at a later date or not, but I left plenty of room for expansion. I'd say more but it's pretty straightforward and I don't want to spoil any of the stories so...I hope you enjoy!

[Image: u8xRtYU.gif]  [Image: 7hJzmPy.png]  [Image: LiQTRi1.gif]
↓ Sometimes I try writing tutorials ↓
Animating Sprites, Requests, Tilesets, Aesthetics
What Does my Game Need?

Look it how cozy this game looks, will definently play it after the Jam. My favorite detail thus far is the sleeping Espeon, its too cute.
[Image: 0WtXm9X.png]
I'm really liking the game, just have a bug to report. In the town with the elgyems, everytime I try to get in a house my game freezes, and now I can't go further in the story.
(08-04-2016, 06:43 AM)PurpleZaffre Wrote: I'm really liking the game, just have a bug to report. In the town with the elgyems, everytime I try to get in a house my game freezes, and now I can't go further in the story.

It won't let you in? Sad
Aah, I couldn't replicate this but while I was looking for the problem I did notice a different event didn't have certain changes I remember making to it...so I re-did all the door events just to be safe. I've replaced the download link so hopefully it works now!
What Does my Game Need?

Done! I really liked it! Only thing is that it was hard to tell that the game ended. Credits would have been nice.
My Twitter
Also known as raspinen on other platforms
(08-04-2016, 07:50 AM)Raspberry Wrote: Done! I really liked it! Only thing is that it was hard to tell that the game ended. Credits would have been nice.

Thanks! I wasn't really sure how to end it, and I kinda wanted to leave it open for more stories anyway so yeah it's left hanging a bit  Unsure
When you complete all three stories there is one character's dialogue that changes though! Buuuuut I didn't wanna break the fourth wall too much. I'm really glad you liked it though, thannks!
What Does my Game Need?

This game looks very good. I simply love all the animations you put in to make the game feel more alive. I always really appreciate that in fan games. I'll be sure to play it!! Big Grin
"Study me as much as you like, you will not know me, for I differ in a hundred ways from what you see me to be. Put yourself behind my eyes and see me as I see myself, for I have chosen to dwell in a place you cannot see."
Wow, looks great! I would love to see you publish the RMXP formatted tileset you made for future projects, because the whole thing looks really nice.
Pixel Artist | Fangame Enthusiast | Awkward

Icon by the lovely @DaybreakM
(08-04-2016, 05:16 PM)SimplyPixelizing Wrote: Wow, looks great! I would love to see you publish the RMXP formatted tileset you made for future projects, because the whole thing looks really nice.

I would totally publish the set if I thought if would be helpful to someone!
For this game though, I just made very bare, small sets for what I needed, so I don't think what I did would be helpfull... all the tiles are from these three public sets:
What Does my Game Need?

just played it, had a lot of fun