Completed Steve the Bibarel
Hi all! I've been working on this masterpiece game for a little while, and now I'm proud to share it with you all! I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I enjoyed making it! No wait... I didn't enjoy making it that much... I hope you all enjoy playing it far more than I enjoyed making it!  Tongue

Steve the Bibarel

The player takes on the role of Steve the Bibarel in his epic marginally heroic story that's as deep as Mount Everest and as profound as a bag of nuts. Steve fights to save his friends from an impending attack from a group of humans. Over the course of this not-so-serious adventure, Steve has to deal with a slightly annoying and condescending Narrator, a swarm of deadly Skorupi, a group of territorial Gabites, and, of course, fluffy Skitty. Will Steve prevail and save his friends, or will the humans take over and capture his friends?

Game Screenshots:

[Image: kNkKe6f.png][Image: 1Qr6o7R.png][Image: T7YuYSK.png][Image: B96o5uK.png][Image: Zvt8ujt.png][Image: Qoscw5C.png]

Game Download:

Made Using:

RPG Maker XP
Pokemon Essentials
My Own Stupidity

Team:
SpartaLazor

Notes:

Eh, I don't take notes.

Resource Pack:

Credits:

Pokemon Essentials Team

-Maruno
-Poccil
-Flameguru
Overworld Sprites

-Zeak6464

Mega Stone Icon

-Radical Raptr

Outdoor Tileset:

-The-Red-Ex
-ThatsSoWitty
-Kyle-Dove
-Speedialga
-Spacemotion
-Alucus
-Pokemon-Diamond
-Kizemaru-Kurunosuke
-EpicDay
-Thurpok
-UltimoSpriter
-iametrine
-Minorthreat0987
-TyranitarDark
-Heavy-Metal-Lover
-KKKaito
-WesleyFG
-BoOmxBiG
-EternalTakai
-Hek-el-grande
-Dewitty
-Prince
-Legandario
-Kymotonian
-Calis
-Neo-Spriteman
-UltimoSpriter
-manuxd789
-kaitoooo
-CrimsonTakai

Indoor Tileset

-Kyle-Dove
-Speedialga
-Alucus
-Pokemon-Diamond
-Kizemaru-Kurunosuke
-EpicDay
-Thurpok
-UltimoSpriter
-Dewitty
-MinorThreat0987
-TyranitarDark
-Heavy-Metal-Lover
-kaitoooo
-WesleyFG
-BoOmxBiG
-CrimsonTakai
-ThatsSoWitty
-UltimateTraveler

Gen I-V Overworlds

-Neo-Spriteman
-MissingLukey
-help-14
-Kymoyonian
-cSc-A7X
-2and2makes5
-Pokegirl4ever
-Fernandojl
-Silver-Skies
-TyranitarDark
-Getsuei-H
-Kid1513
-Milomilotic11
-Kyt666
-kdiamo11
-Chocosrawlooid
-Syledude
-Gallanty
-Gizamimi-Pichu
-Zyon17

Overworld Shadows

-KleinStudio

Textboxes

-KleinStudio - Essentials BW

Music

-Song's End (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity -- One Last Look at Paradise)
---Keisue Ito, Yasuhiro Kawagoe

-Farewell (Pokemon Black and White Super Music Collection -- Farewell)
---Shota Kageyama
[-] The following 11 users Like SpartaLazor's post:
  • Dawn Bronze, Dragonite, Fontbane, GalaticPokemon, Hukon, PokeVec40, Speelunky, TheOminousJephed, TheRollinSpheal, xCamero, Zer0
I like how the game does its own thing, and doesn't take itself seriously. Putting you into the shoes of a Pokémon let's you see the things from a different perspective. And these are the two factors as to why I think this game is great. I will try to find the time to play it soon
Awesome. I like how this game doesn't really take itself to serious. Makes this a very amuzing and fresh experience. I'll be sure to have a playthrough of it dude.
Love the concept of being in a Pokémon story, that the Narrator is annoying and that you are a Bidoof called Steve.
I WANT MORE o.O
I really love that the game is really comedic and isn't taking anything seriously, really awesome, NOW GIVE ME MORE *_*
Played a bit of the game already. I love it for it's humor. You sir have talent for comedic writing.
(07-29-2016, 12:42 AM)Speelunky Wrote: I like how the game does its own thing, and doesn't take itself seriously. Putting you into the shoes of a Pokémon let's you see the things from a different perspective. And these are the two factors as to why I think this game is great. I will try to find the time to play it soon

While it's not overly serious, there are some not-so-comedic moments. But over all, it's just meant to be a Bibarel on a stupid adventure. I hope you enjoy playing it!

(07-29-2016, 02:43 AM)TheOminousJephed Wrote: Awesome. I like how this game doesn't really take itself to serious. Makes this a very amuzing and fresh experience. I'll be sure to have a playthrough of it dude.

Played a bit of the game already. I love it for it's humor. You sir have talent for comedic writing.

Thanks! I think it's more or less just plain insanity than talent, but I digress. I'm glad you like it! Be sure to send me a link to the playthrough when you've got it!

(07-29-2016, 08:48 AM)Zebra Wrote: I WANT MORE o.O
I really love that the game is really comedic and isn't taking anything seriously, really awesome, NOW GIVE ME MORE *_*

I'm glad that you like it that much.
I thought about doing more with Steve. I did set it up to where I could do more, but I don't really know at the moment.
I like the way the narrator controls the action in the game, yet it still feels like you are fully in control
@SpartaLazor, I left you the link to my playthrough on your personal page. Smile
(07-31-2016, 10:12 AM)TheOminousJephed Wrote: @SpartaLazor, I left you the link to my playthrough on your personal page. Smile

Yup. I've watched all the way through. I saw the first shortly after it was first posted, but I was gone all week, and I just got caught up on the last two. I'm really glad that you enjoyed it as much as you did! I really liked the voices that you use - it was a little strange at first, since I had their own voices that I'd imagined, but it was nice to see them in a new light.

One thing that you mentioned, battling, I condisered it at one point (and actually tried a variant of it earlier) but I just didn't use it because I didn't think that I could pull it off technically and I wasn't sure how well it would work. Overall, though, it was something that I wanted to avoid because I feel that most of the games where you play as a Pokemon would want to focus on the battling (I'm not sure how true that is - I've seen only a few games where you play as Pokemon), and I didn't want to do something that's been done several times. My goal for this game was simple and stupid. Wink